May 2013 Moms

baby bathtub?

What do you use for baby baths? We have a bathing...slingtype seat that I guess is supposed to go in the bathtub? We find it easier to bathe him at counter height though so have been using the kitchen sink. He likes being IN the water but his skin is a little dry, and the sink is challenging since he can't sit on his own. Can anyone recommend a baby bathtub that would keep him partially in the water? It seems most of them keep LO above the water. Thanks!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: baby bathtub?

• I have a Summer Infant tub that has a sling that allows them to be partially in the water as well. I love it! The sling has these bead things in it that hold water for a long time so baby stays partially covered by it. Then, of course, you can remove the sling when baby is older. The bottom of the tub has a blue stool that raises it up, and can then be used as a step stool for toddlers.
  • Thanks! I'll look for this.... where is it from?
  • Loading the player...
  • Babies r Us. It is white with a blue base and the sling is green with ocean animals on it. Some friends gave it to me for my shower because they loved it so much for their own babies.
  • KLJ3KLJ3 member
    imagejayro10:
    I have a Summer Infant tub that has a sling that allows them to be partially in the water as well. I love it! The sling has these bead things in it that hold water for a long time so baby stays partially covered by it. Then, of course, you can remove the sling when baby is older. The bottom of the tub has a blue stool that raises it up, and can then be used as a step stool for toddlers.

I think I have the same one...maybe minus the beads? I got mine on Amazon but they have them at WalMart too.

DS is now big enough where we don't use the sling. There is a little "butt stop" ridge in the bottom that keeps him from sliding down. His bottom half is submerged but his chest and upper body are out of the water. I just keep pouring water over him to keep him warm. He loves it!

ETA: oops, I was wrong. The tub is made by The First Years. Comes with a sling, has the butt stop ridge and a place for baby to recline, and a stool seat type thing at the opposite end for toddlers to sit on.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I forgot to add, I usually pour warm water over the sling to sort of fill it up before DH puts her in. That way she is already sitting in water right from the start.
  • LO loves his Primo Euro bathtub. I like it because he won't grow out of it until he's ready for the regular tub. He loves being able to kick and splash. The only con is its really big. But I just store it in his closet for now. It also has a hole so you can use one of those suction hooks on your shower wall to hang it dry. I also like how it's easy to clean. I use it on my kitchen counter with part of it overhanging the sink so the drain plug can drain. I plan to use it inside our bathtub once he is able to sit up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickersCafeMom Tickers

• The Puj flyte it's amazing!
  • MrsRKJMrsRKJ member
    We have the finding nemo tub (from BRU) that has a sling on it with the water in the plastic tub underneath.  We just put a towel on the kitchen table and put the tub on top fill with water and put him in the sling.  Works great, and he doesn't slip all around
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

TTA until 2014

• I have the Puj and Primo.  DS still uses the Primo at 2 (low tone, can't sit on his own) but he's gotten a lot of use of it.  However, as pp said its pretty big.  I love the Puj I use it in our bathroom sink for DD and she's partially in and can run her hands under the water.  
  • imagejayro10:
    Babies r Us. It is white with a blue base and the sling is green with ocean animals on it. Some friends gave it to me for my shower because they loved it so much for their own babies.

This sounds similar to ours... but it doesn't have the tub. I'm going to check this out. Thank you!
  • be888be888 member
    We have the Boon Naked tub. It is collapsible for easy storage (like a collander), and you can angle the tub for an infant. The bottom is slippery, but I put a towel down at the bottom, and it works well. We love it, or at least I do, since my husband still refuses to bathe our son because he's scared.

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• imageKateRN08:
    We have the whale tub... I don't know what it's called but it works well.

Same here.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagejayro10:
    Babies r Us. It is white with a blue base and the sling is green with ocean animals on it. Some friends gave it to me for my shower because they loved it so much for their own babies.

We have the same summer one, just a different color. I love it and baby loves it (: 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • imagebe888:
    We have the Boon Naked tub. It is collapsible for easy storage like a collander, and you can angle the tub for an infant. The bottom is slippery, but I put a towel down at the bottom, and it works well. We love it, or at least I do, since my husband still refuses to bathe our son because he's scared.

This looks cool.... and good for small spaces!
  • The blooming bath is UHMAZING they're able to sit in it and lie back and rest they're head on the soft petals. It grows with them and works great for them to sit on once they're old enough for a big kid bath.
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member

We were using a rubbermaid dish bucket with a big sponge made for baby baths tucked into it,  in the kitchen sink. He really liked it, but i found it hard to do alone, so I bought a Fisher Price penguin tub from target, and he hates it. :(

• We have the Angelcare bath support.  I love it. 

• We have a tub with infant sling but LO's feet are already hanging off of it!

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• LN1024LN1024 member
    We have the Puj and love it!
  • imagecaymarks:
    imageKateRN08:
    We have the whale tub... I don't know what it's called but it works well.

Same here.

Same!

image  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have the fisher price ocean theme tub. We already took him out of the sling and he sits in the tub with the "infant" insert in it. He is much happier in it now. Didn't like the sling and was outgrowing it. He likes that he can now splash with his legs and hands
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We have the Finding Nemo tub too.

It works well

http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • imagekryshy123:
    The blooming bath is UHMAZING they're able to sit in it and lie back and rest they're head on the soft petals. It grows with them and works great for them to sit on once they're old enough for a big kid bath.

I HATE our blooming bath. When LO can't sit up yet, this flower offers very little support. It's also heavy and bulky when wet. Takes forever to dry.

...different strokes for different folks, I suppose.
  • Love my blooming bath!!!! If you ring it out well it doesn't take long to dry! Makes sink bathing much easier! Also great to lay them on when changing for a regular in the tub bath!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"