Parenting

UOs Anyone? (Edited for dumb typo)

I'll start.

If I have to pay you $400/hr to settle my mom's estate, and you keep me waiting 30 minutes while you kibbitz on the phone, you owe me $200.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: UOs Anyone? (Edited for dumb typo)

• imagemorgann2010:
    I think it should be acceptable to take all your half eaten bags of potato chips to a bbq and call it potato chip medley.  They're just going stale at my house anyway.

I am so going to try this the next time I got to my brother's!! I'll tell him I saw it on Pinterest.

You know, for street cred.

• imageOnederful Mother:

imagemorgann2010:
    I think it should be acceptable to take all your half eaten bags of potato chips to a bbq and call it potato chip medley.  They're just going stale at my house anyway.

This is funny, and I support it. 

Yes I agree!

• Loading the player...
  • Speaking of half eaten bags, I just found a half eaten bag of mini kit kats in my desk drawer.

SCORE!

• imageMom2Oli:

oh it's an UO thread, I totally thought it was an OU thread like somebody owes me something ... not enough coffee.

I got nothing yet.

Oh wait, I see no problem with bribing my kid to behave. Different things work at different times, bribes, threats, ignore, distraction, they are all a-ok in my book.

I just rename bribery "incentive" the pay-off is "reward".  This is totally what child psychologists do.  It's completely legit  Not only is it okay, it's stellar parenting the experts teach :) 

• imageMollusksWrangler:
    My OU, I really enjoy going to the movies alone.

I do too. 

"To me, you are perfect."

• I think some of the classic children's books are a little bit creepy. Like The Runaway Bunny. "If you become a sail boat, I will become the wind and blow you where I want you to go." WTF? And why is this little bunny trying so desperately to get away from the momma bunny?

I'm probably reading too much into it, but it still rubs me the wrong way.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageKJmashup:

imageMollusksWrangler:

I do too. 

At this point, I enjoy doing anything alone. I would be happy with the bathroom.

• imageMollusksWrangler:
    imageMom2Oli:

imageMollusksWrangler:

I do too when my husband worked retail and no kid was in the picture, I used to go to chick flicks alone all the time.

Plus no sharing of popcorn!

I've never been a huge fan of popcorn.  I'll eat it at the theater if DH or SD has it, but I'd rather just eat an entire bag of candy.  

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• imageRunaway22:

I think some of the classic children's books are a little bit creepy. Like The Runaway Bunny. "If you become a sail boat, I will become the wind and blow you where I want you to go." WTF? And why is this little bunny trying so desperately to get away from the momma bunny?

Never read the book, but maybe it is touching upon the baby bunny's need to grow into the big bunny its becoming, and the mama bunny saying no matter what you become, I will support you and help you get where you need to go.

Or maybe she fed up with his running away and saying I will buy your dumbass a ticket and lets be done with it.

• imageacaudill75:
    imageKJmashup:

imageMollusksWrangler:

I do too. 

At this point, I enjoy doing anything alone. I would be happy with the bathroom.

Yes, excellent point. 

"To me, you are perfect."

• There should be a separate time slot at the local swimming pool - for men with hairy backs. Indifferent

• imageacaudill75:
    imageRunaway22:

I think some of the classic children's books are a little bit creepy. Like The Runaway Bunny. "If you become a sail boat, I will become the wind and blow you where I want you to go." WTF? And why is this little bunny trying so desperately to get away from the momma bunny?

Never read the book, but maybe it is touching upon the baby bunny's need to grow into the big bunny its becoming, and the mama bunny saying no matter what you become, I will support you and help you get where you need to go.

Or maybe she fed up with his running away and saying I will buy your dumbass a ticket and lets be done with it.

LOL

I definitely got more of a "You will never escape me" vibe. I found it creepy. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageRunaway22:
    I think some of the classic children's books are a little bit creepy. Like The Runaway Bunny. "If you become a sail boat, I will become the wind and blow you where I want you to go." WTF? And why is this little bunny trying so desperately to get away from the momma bunny?I'm probably reading too much into it, but it still rubs me the wrong way.

Or Good Dog Carl where the mom leaves her dog in charge of the baby and he proceeds to throw her down the laundry chute, let her swim in a fish tank, and blow dry her after a bath. Good parenting, lady!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                         DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • imageLittle Jerry:
    imageRunaway22:
    I think some of the classic children's books are a little bit creepy. Like The Runaway Bunny. "If you become a sail boat, I will become the wind and blow you where I want you to go." WTF? And why is this little bunny trying so desperately to get away from the momma bunny?I'm probably reading too much into it, but it still rubs me the wrong way.
    Or Good Dog Carl where the mom leaves her dog in charge of the baby and he proceeds to throw her down the laundry chute, let her swim in a fish tank, and blow dry her after a bath. Good parenting, lady!

I forget what it's called, but there's also the one where the little girl doesn't take care of herself or her house and it rises up in mutiny against her. WHY DOES SHE LIVE ALONE?! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • UO: my almost 2 year old still uses a paci at all times and I don't think it's a big deal right now.
  • Mint and chocolate do not go together. Not at all. You are wasting good mint and good chocolate by putting them together.

• imageManneek1977:
    Mint and chocolate do not go together. Not at all. You are wasting good mint and good chocolate by putting them together.

You are categorically wrong on this.

• imageManneek1977:
    Mint and chocolate do not go together. Not at all. You are wasting good mint and good chocolate by putting them together.

OK, this is the most ridiculous UO you've ever come up with.  And that's saying a lot.

• imageSpooko:

Along the lines of the OP:

It's ridiculous to say that I need to bring DD into the doctor for something that A) The bump was able to tell me and that B) Could have been said over the phone. When the doctor doesn't even touch my DD when I get there, I shouldn't have to pay $100something and waste 2 hours of my day. Especially when that advice hasn't even benefited me yet. 

Or when they hand you off to the nurse practitioner, or something. They are still billing you, or your insurance, doctor rates. I didn't see a doctor, don't bill me like I did.

• imageacaudill75:
    imageSpooko:

It's ridiculous to say that I need to bring DD into the doctor for something that A) The bump was able to tell me and that B) Could have been said over the phone. When the doctor doesn't even touch my DD when I get there, I shouldn't have to pay $100something and waste 2 hours of my day. Especially when that advice hasn't even benefited me yet. 

Or when they hand you off to the nurse practitioner, or something. They are still billing you, or your insurance, doctor rates. I didn't see a doctor, don't bill me like I did.

The nurse practitioner is just as qualified. We prefer her over DD's pedi.
  • imagemorgann2010:
    I think it should be acceptable to take all your half eaten bags of potato chips to a bbq and call it potato chip medley. nbsp;They're just going stale at my house anyway.

I always wished I could do this too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageacaudill75:

imageManneek1977:

You are categorically wrong on this.

Its like eating chocolate after brushing your teeth. EWW! Now I can tolorate the mint ice cream. But that is it.... You can not convince me otherwise.... nope not going to happen.... Ick!

• imageSpooko:
    imageManneek1977:

There should be a separate time slot at the local swimming pool - for men with hairy backs. Indifferent

What are you going to do when everyone's finally on to you? You're like the boy who cried wolf of UOs. How will we know when to believe you?! lol 

LOL 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageSpooko:
    imageacaudill75:
    imageSpooko:

I wouldn't even care if they did SOMETHING. But to tell me to have DD take miralax (which hasn't even helped, btw) and then send me on the way is ridiculous. Especially when I specifically asked the nurse if there was anything I could try to give her before coming in and she was just weighed last month, so they were close enough for dosing info to tell me: just about a half-cap. I didn't need a scrip and the doctor literally didn't touch her.  

This would seriously piss me off. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageshanado:
    imageacaudill75:
    imageSpooko:

I am meaning more on the money end. I like the nurse practitioner at our office, but if I make an appt to see the dr, I want to see the dr.

• imageMom2Oli:
    imagepeanutrach1:

I wouldn't say I was glad but kind of secretly relieved that DD doesn't love the pool so we are going to wait to go back until she is a bit older. I felt very self conscious about my post-pregnancy body at our local pool. There are a lot of hot babes that live here and I am definitely not one of them. So if there was a time for just women with jiggly thighs (and some jiggly other parts) to go to the pool I would be happy with that.

Mine was a joke, everybody should be able to enjoy the pool without a schedule like 10-11: hairy backs

11-12: hairy vaginas

12-1: babies who cry

1-2: cellulite

2-3: baldies (men and babies)

3-4: tiny boobs

4-8: everyone else

What if I have a hairy vagina, cellulite and tiny boobs?! Surprise 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMom2Oli:
    imageMom2Oli:
    imageRunaway22:

Mine was a joke, everybody should be able to enjoy the pool without a schedule like 10-11: hairy backs

11-12: hairy vaginas

12-1: babies who cry

1-2: cellulite

2-3: baldies (men and babies)

3-4: tiny boobs

4-8: everyone else

What if I have a hairy vagina, cellulite and tiny boobs?! Surprise 

Please see the appropriate time slot for each one and only get into the pool then. Offenders will be banned permanently.

So wait. My vag can swim from 11-12, and my tiny boobs have to wait until 3-4 to get in? Ugh, not worth it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagemorgann2010:
    How are we gonna know if someones vag is hairy? That shiit can stay in your bathing suit. I propose we change that time slot to old people who wear bathing suits that are too small.

Have you seen a really hairy bush in a bathing suit? You can tell. :X
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMollusksWrangler:
    I prefer 90 percent of my vegetables raw over cooked. I'm sure it has to do with growing up with a huge garden and picking stuff fresh. My mom didn't care if we ended up eating everything before it came in the house as long as we ate it.

Me, too. When I was super healthy pre DS, I used to love salad sans dressing, even.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagemorgann2010:
    How are we gonna know if someones vag is hairy? That shiit can stay in your bathing suit. I propose we change that time slot to old people who wear bathing suits that are too small.

Maybe she meant someone who has a supadupah bushy vag. You can see that in a bathing suit. Triple word score if that is an old lady.

• imageacaudill75:
    imageshanado:
    imageacaudill75:
    imageSpooko:

I am meaning more on the money end. I like the nurse practitioner at our office, but if I make an appt to see the dr, I want to see the dr.

Why?  A nurse practitioner can do everything the doc can do.  I assume if it was something more serious than the typical ear infection, cold, weird toddler skin rash, they would call the doc in.  And I do think you get billed less for an NP than if you would for the doc.  

I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • I think I'd like to live in a co-op village. Not a very granola one. I'd still want modern conveniences, deodorant to be worn by all, and frequent carnivorous friendly meals served. It'd be kind of cool to live in a true community though where some people made the moolah, some took care of the kids, and some made us more self sufficient by gardening and raising animals and such.

This is my siggy. Love it.

• imagekatem3277:

imageMollusksWrangler:
    I prefer 90 percent of my vegetables raw over cooked. I'm sure it has to do with growing up with a huge garden and picking stuff fresh. My mom didn't care if we ended up eating everything before it came in the house as long as we ate it.

Raw food is so good for you, more people should eat that way. DD1's dinner plate is usually 75% raw veggies.  DD2 is not quite as good about it, but we are working on it.

And Shanado, I see nothing wrong with a 2 year old still having a paci.  People need to chill out on that shiz.  If that is how your kid soothes you can't just expect them to magically learn to self soothe without a paci  at age 1.

We've been doing a lot more raw veggies in our diet too. Although, I was totally surprised when I found out some veggies get healthier after they've been cooked, like spinach.

This is my siggy. Love it.

• imageizzourclue:
    imageacaudill75:
    imageshanado:
    imageacaudill75:
    imageSpooko:

Why?  A nurse practitioner can do everything the doc can do.  I assume if it was something more serious than the typical ear infection, cold, weird toddler skin rash, they would call the doc in.  And I do think you get billed less for an NP than if you would for the doc.  

That's what I was thinking. I mean, we get billed the same seeing a NP. As long as my kids are being treated like they should it doesn't really matter.
  • imagekatem3277:

imageMollusksWrangler:

Raw food is so good for you, more people should eat that way. DD1's dinner plate is usually 75% raw veggies.  DD2 is not quite as good about it, but we are working on it.

And Shanado, I see nothing wrong with a 2 year old still having a paci.  People need to chill out on that shiz.  If that is how your kid soothes you can't just expect them to magically learn to self soothe without a paci  at age 1.

I agree. I'm just tired of being asked when I'm going to take it away or when a family member takes it from her mouth.
  • imageVenus04d:
    imagekatem3277:

imageMollusksWrangler:

Tomatoes are healthier cooked too.  Nothing wrong with eating raw veggies if that's your bag though.  I'm pretty stoked that some are better for you cooked because I loathe a raw veggie.  The texture is just too much.  I think I have sensory issues. 

We've been doing a lot more raw veggies in our diet too. Although, I was totally surprised when I found out some veggies get healthier after they've been cooked, like spinach.

ETA:  crap, messed up the quote.  Bolded is my contribution. 

I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • imageMom2Oli:

imageManneek1977:

I don't like mint in my anything. I drink mint tea if I am sick and I might have those tiny mint thins once every 5 years if left on my hotel pillow.

Now if my mint tea had LQ in it. I might try it... They should outlaw leaving mints on hotel pillows.....

• imageVenus04d:
    I think I'd like to live in a co-op village. Not a very granola one. I'd still want modern conveniences, deodorant to be worn by all, and frequent carnivorous friendly meals served. It'd be kind of cool to live in a true community though where some people made the moolah, some took care of the kids, and some made us more self sufficient by gardening and raising animals and such.

They have them in Israel. Its called a kibbutz.

• imageSpooko:
    imageManneek1977:

There should be a separate time slot at the local swimming pool - for men with hairy backs. Indifferent

What are you going to do when everyone's finally on to you? You're like the boy who cried wolf of UOs. How will we know when to believe you?! lol 

So do & some don't..... Like to keep it spicy! Stick out tongue hehe

• imageEstwd2:
    imageManneek1977:
    You are not alone! I, too, have been shunned for insisting that mint is only acceptable in gum, toothpaste, breath mints, and mouth wash.

Finally!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"