December 2013 Moms

Facebook

I am 18 weeks today and it is my birthday! I really wanted to share our news and an ultra sound picture on Facebook but my husband is totally against it. He says only the important people need to know. Well we have told those people already. We tried for an entire year and ha a miscarriage before. I'm just excited and want to share it. Am I being bratty?

Re: Facebook

• imageColeRose:

If he is against it than I wouldn't push it. I understand being excited to share your news but it is his news too. Imagine if it was the other way around? Before I posted anything on FB I asked DH if he was okay with it. If he wasn't I would have dropped it...like your husband said the people who matter, are important in your lives, already know. 

I agree. You don't want to do it and cause an argument between you two. Maybe as your due date gets closer he'll reconsider. I did do the same thing though: tell important people in person or on phone before putting it on Facebook. SO sorry to hear about your previous loss...I'd bet he doesn't want to because of your previous miscarriage, which is completely understandable. Best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy!

• imageaseaman12:
    I am 18 weeks today and it is my birthday! I really wanted to share our news and an ultra sound picture on Facebook but my husband is totally against it. He says only the important people need to know. Well we have told those people already. We tried for an entire year and ha a miscarriage before. I'm just excited and want to share it. Am I being bratty?

There is an app that is free call 23snaps and you can share pics and videos and invite those that you want to view them, like just friends and family. I chose to post only certain things on Facebook but at least with this app I can post pics freely and control the settings.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageColeRose:

If he is against it than I wouldn't push it. I understand being excited to share your news but it is his news too. Imagine if it was the other way around? Before I posted anything on FB I asked DH if he was okay with it. If he wasn't I would have dropped it...like your husband said the people who matter, are important in your lives, already know. 

I couldn't agree more.  I know it's tough when you feel comfortable, OP, but your H obviously does not.  You have to respect his wishes, and make time to talk to him to see what his fears are.

Married: 6/16/12
    CP: 01/2011 |  MMC: 01/2012  |  MMC: 10/2012  |  DS: 11/2013  |  MMC: 11/2014  |  DD: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/2018 - EDD: 02/09/2019
  • imageColeRose:

I agree with this too.  Maybe later on in your pregnancy, he won't mind if you just post a picture of yourself with a nice, big bump.  People will be able to figure it out that way and it's not like you're just throwing it out there as a message. 

• I'm with the PP's. If it was the other way, we'd be reading about how mad you are at your DH. Hopefully he will come around soon, but the people you love know, and that's what matters. Congrats though! And Happy Birthday!!!

Me: 31 | DH: 33

DS1: 12.23.13 | DS2: 05.06.16

BFP: 06.30.19 | EDD: 3.9.20

**TW**
    TTC3: 11.18
    BFP: 02.05.19
    CP: 03.07.19
    *really traumatic recovery*

• does he not want to share at all, or is he just weirded out by sharing a u/s pic? maybe he'd be cool with just a simple announcement!

but ditto pps. if he's not cool with it at all, you should just wait.  

my read shelf:
    Ashley 's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"