August 2012 Moms

UO

Just because there's a Bumpocalypse going on doesn't mean we checked our opinions at the door. Get going!
Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

Re: UO

• I don't like when people put mothballs in their gardens to scare rabbits and squirrels away. They smell so bad and why would anyone want their flowers to smell like their grandma's attic?

• I hate thunderstorms.

• Loading the player...
  • The only Wes Anderson movie I like is The Fantastic Mr. fox.

Speaking of the name Wes, here's an FFTC: I almost slept with my Philosophy professor [named Wes] my freshman year. He had me meet him at a coffee shop to "discuss Descartes" but he really wanted to discuss his bedroom. This other girl in my class DID sleep with him after I turned him down. I still regret it.

• Fantastic Mr fox is genius. I don't know his other movies.

I can't think of a uo right now. Sorry bb.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Oh here's one. I think whole milk, real butter, full fat heavy whipping cream and half and half and the like are GOOD for you. They are real food the way food was meant to be.

Skim milk is barfy. Fake butter is a crime. :]

• imageKLilley:
    Oh here's one. I think whole milk, real butter, full fat heavy whipping cream and half and half and the like are GOOD for you. They are real food the way food was meant to be. Skim milk is barfy. Fake butter is a crime. :]

Do the crime do the time. :) 

• I like being up early, I feel like I get more done in the morning so I can have a more restful afternoon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • imageBaker_Bride:
    I don't like when people put mothballs in their gardens to scare rabbits and squirrels away. They smell so bad and why would anyone want their flowers to smell like their grandma's attic?
    That must be why my dog has mothball breath sometimes, from other peoples gardens, gross!
  • imageKLilley:
    Oh here's one. I think whole milk, real butter, full fat heavy whipping cream and half and half and the like are GOOD for you. They are real food the way food was meant to be. Skim milk is barfy. Fake butter is a crime. :]
    So true, better to trust a cow over a chemist to make food. Although I grew up on skim so it is what I am use to, I am now drinking 1% if I am not going through a not tolerating milk phase (strange how that happens several times a year). I have had raw milk before when I was little because of a cousin with a dairy farm but that was a rare treat.
  • imageSpruceGrouse:
    I like being up early, I feel like I get more done in the morning so I can have a more restful afternoon.
    I completely agree. I've been up since 5 and the kids are all still asleep are just past 7. The mornings I sleep in suck. If I have to change a diaper before I've had my coffee I am despairing of life lol.

• I turn 30 later this month and that doesn't bother me at all.

• I like taking my drivers license photo.

• imageKLilley:
    I turn 30 later this month and that doesn't bother me at all.

Good! It shouldn't :) 

WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • "Sexy" versions of things that are already costumes are silly. Hermione is a witch, you don't have to dress as "sexy Hermione". Same with superheroes, animals, and jobs with uniforms. I get that people want to look hot, but those costumes just make me laugh. "Sexy police officer" is just such a weird idea to me. I dressed up as pregly Britney Spears in college and had my boyfriend dress as K Fed. It was hilarious. I like funny or crazy detailed costumes way better.

AUGUST 2012 UNICORN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageBaker_Bride:
    I hate thunderstorms.

Me too! It only really started after that tree fell on our house but ever since I just see the dark clouds forming and I want to crawl into a cave and pretend the outside world doesn't exist.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAggieDaner:
    "Sexy" versions of things that are already costumes are silly. Hermione is a witch, you don't have to dress as "sexy Hermione". Same with superheroes, animals, and jobs with uniforms. I get that people want to look hot, but those costumes just make me laugh. "Sexy police officer" is just such a weird idea to me. I dressed up as pregly Britney Spears in college and had my boyfriend dress as K Fed. It was hilarious. I like funny or crazy detailed costumes way better.

I don't like how they're double the price as a regular costume with half the material.

• imageSaltylove:
    imageKLilley:
    Agreed. Although milk in general grosses me out aside from using it in tea or cooking. You'd have to pay me good money to drink a glass of it. Blech.
    milk grosses me a bit too but I am too addicted, I love the stuff, it is the reason I couldn't be vegan for very long. It is what fattened me up most during pregnancy.
  • imageBPaws:
    imageSpruceGrouse:
    I like being up early, I feel like I get more done in the morning so I can have a more restful afternoon.
    Me too! 430 is my new favourite time to get up! I love that I can get a good run in, do laundry, dishes and vacuum before 800!
    4:30 is perfect if I am going hunting, I want to get to my spot before light but for a regular day I think that would do me in.
  • imageAggieDaner:
    "Sexy" versions of things that are already costumes are silly. Hermione is a witch, you don't have to dress as "sexy Hermione". Same with superheroes, animals, and jobs with uniforms. I get that people want to look hot, but those costumes just make me laugh. "Sexy police officer" is just such a weird idea to me. I dressed up as pregly Britney Spears in college and had my boyfriend dress as K Fed. It was hilarious. I like funny or crazy detailed costumes way better.

YesYesYesYes

I like dressing up as a pun or something too, like taping a bunch of smarties to your pants.

• The smell of milk makes me gag.

I was sick of eating out/fast food, so this week I started cooking at home. I had forgotten that the reason I started eating out more often was because I actually got to eat my own food. If I eat in the car A can't try and take my food or pitch a fit if I don't offer to him.

I am actually ready for my baby's first birthday. It will be a bit bittersweet, but I love everything that he keeps learning and am excited to see what is next. 

imageimage
  • imageSpruceGrouse:

me too.  I feel like it is stolen time, and I am so much more productive in the morning.  If I sleep in past 7 I actually feel a little off all day.  5:30 is ideal.

image image
  • imageKLilley:

i have only used real, full fat food since I got pregnant and guess what?  I haven't gained an ounce.  ( well, obviously I gained during pregnancy, but it's gone)

so all those years of eating nasty fat free dairy and fake butter was for naught.    Real food all the way! 

image image
  • imageKLilley:
    Oh here's one. I think whole milk, real butter, full fat heavy whipping cream and half and half and the like are GOOD for you. They are real food the way food was meant to be.

Amen, klil! Amen!
  • I finally have one!!!!!

I hate lawn games.  I hate them all.  Bags/cornhole, ladder ball, Kan Jam, washers, Kuub, anything with a Frisbee, you name it, I refuse to play it.  I just hate them.

• imageBaker_Bride:
    The only Wes Anderson movie I like is The Fantastic Mr. fox. Speaking of the name Wes, here's an FFTC: I almost slept with my Philosophy professor [named Wes] my freshman year. He had me meet him at a coffee shop to "discuss Descartes" but he really wanted to discuss his bedroom. This other girl in my class DID sleep with him after I turned him down. I still regret it.

How can you not love Bottle Rocket? 

• Somehow, I was invited to join a Facebook mom's group. I never contribute, especially since it's very crunchy, AP style and not really my thing. Someone just posted about their home birth, and how they are going to write their birth story, "once they begin to process all of it." People need to get over themselves. Women have been giving birth for thousands upon thousands of years, often without the aid of anyone or anything. There are still cultures where women push out infants by themselves in the middle of the bush (no pun intended.) It's annoying to me when a woman acts like she's the first person in the world to really experience birth.
  • imageBecc77:
    Somehow, I was invited to join a Facebook mom's group. I never contribute, especially since it's very crunchy, AP style and not really my thing. Someone just posted about their home birth, and how they are going to write their birth story, "once they begin to process all of it." People need to get over themselves. Women have been giving birth for thousands upon thousands of years, often without the aid of anyone or anything. There are still cultures where women push out infants by themselves in the middle of the bush no pun intended. It's annoying to me when a woman acts like she's the first person in the world to really experience birth.

Lol. I love this. I have a friend exactly like this!
  • I think landing strips looking stupid...the kind you shape via razor on your vagina.

I mean...it's just like, "Oh hey, look at this nice, bare...oh wait, surprise, here's a mouthful of little hairs via a random strip on my otherwise barren canvas!"

Stupid.

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• imagebigbootyjudi:

I think landing strips looking stupid...the kind you shape via razor on your vagina.

I mean...it's just like, "Oh hey, look at this nice, bare...oh wait, surprise, here's a mouthful of little hairs via a random strip on my otherwise barren canvas!"

Stupid.

This made me lol.

• I don't know how people go go go on vacation.  My idea of a vacation is sitting around be lazy - at the pool, beach, my couch, ect.  My ILs and DH have to constantly be busy.  I'm thankful I've never been on vacation with them but when DH goes on vacation with my family, he complains about how we don't do anything. My family does go out to dinner, putt-putt, and always spend one day at the local outlet mall.  Other than that, you can find me and my mom at the pool or beach and my dad and brother on the golf course.

And camping is not a vacation.  DH thinks he might be home before my fall break so I asked him if he wanted to go on vacation.  He said yes, camping.  I said heck no.  So we are going to compromise and get a cabin somewhere. 

• imageManda-Kay:

I don't know how people go go go on vacation.  My idea of a vacation is sitting around be lazy - at the pool, beach, my couch, ect.  My ILs and DH have to constantly be busy.  I'm thankful I've never been on vacation with them but when DH goes on vacation with my family, he complains about how we don't do anything. My family does go out to dinner, putt-putt, and always spend one day at the local outlet mall.  Other than that, you can find me and my mom at the pool or beach and my dad and brother on the golf course.

And camping is not a vacation.  DH thinks he might be home before my fall break so I asked him if he wanted to go on vacation.  He said yes, camping.  I said heck no.  So we are going to compromise and get a cabin somewhere. 

You would hate me on vacation. I always say I would hate a resort because I would get bored with the whole "we didn't leave the resort" kind of vacation. Our honeymoon was to Costa Rica and I would wake up at 5:00 every day and be like, "OK! Get your hiking shoes on! Lots to do! Lots to see! And you better pack your bathing suit in case we end up at the beach!"

• imagebigbootyjudi:

I think landing strips looking stupid...the kind you shape via razor on your vagina.

Stupid.

In the same vein, I hate "soul patches" and "flavor savers" on guys. Have facial hair or don't. Don't do this wishy washy business. It makes your chin look weak.  

• imagemlynne37wiu:

cutting tress - I LOVE your girl scout sash

• imageBaker_Bride:
    imageManda-Kay:

I don't know how people go go go on vacation.  My idea of a vacation is sitting around be lazy - at the pool, beach, my couch, ect.  My ILs and DH have to constantly be busy.  I'm thankful I've never been on vacation with them but when DH goes on vacation with my family, he complains about how we don't do anything. My family does go out to dinner, putt-putt, and always spend one day at the local outlet mall.  Other than that, you can find me and my mom at the pool or beach and my dad and brother on the golf course.

You would hate me on vacation. I always say I would hate a resort because I would get bored with the whole "we didn't leave the resort" kind of vacation. Our honeymoon was to Costa Rica and I would wake up at 5:00 every day and be like, "OK! Get your hiking shoes on! Lots to do! Lots to see! And you better pack your bathing suit in case we end up at the beach!"

When I got you for the mother's day elfster I was like, OMG BB is just like my ILs when you said you liked to hike.  We did an all inclusive resort in Jamaica for our honeymoom but I did do things with him - we learned to scuba dive and went twice and we climbed a waterfall.  

• imageBecc77:
    Somehow, I was invited to join a Facebook mom's group. I never contribute, especially since it's very crunchy, AP style and not really my thing. Someone just posted about their home birth, and how they are going to write their birth story, "once they begin to process all of it." People need to get over themselves. Women have been giving birth for thousands upon thousands of years, often without the aid of anyone or anything. There are still cultures where women push out infants by themselves in the middle of the bush (no pun intended.) It's annoying to me when a woman acts like she's the first person in the world to really experience birth.
    I remember right after birth all my thoughts were of my baby, that was my focus, not the birth. It is nothing new, now if the baby got lost and came out her nose, she might need to process that.
  • imageKLilley:
    Oh here's one. I think whole milk, real butter, full fat heavy whipping cream and half and half and the like are GOOD for you. They are real food the way food was meant to be.

YES. I knew I loved you, Klil! :]
    SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageManda-Kay:

imagemlynne37wiu:

cutting tress - I LOVE your girl scout sash

It's great! I like the grandma one and cat fight one.
  • My VERY UO is that once the initial shock subsided, I LOVED the new format!

Not so much the whiteness, obviously, but I was having so much fun playing around with it and discovering cool features.
    SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • MoFreeMoFree member
    My UO is that I could care less about invitations, don't understand the time, effort and money put into something that is just tossed into the recycle bin after the info is put in my calendar. I far prefer evites.
    TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imagejodegaard:
    My VERY UO is that once the initial shock subsided, I LOVED the new format! Not so much the whiteness, obviously, but I was having so much fun playing around with it and discovering cool features.

I liked that you could do more on mobile - post pics and have cool smilies.  I also liked that you can swear :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"