February 2012 Moms

Tantrums

How often would you say LO is throwing one daily? I mean like tears and screaming, not absolute meltdowns but a good tantrum. This week I feel like Kevin has reached an all time high, he's also eating like a mad man so I'm hoping this is a serious growth spurt that will pass. Soon! Please!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tantrums

• jk382jk382 member
    Usually a few times a day.  Nolan's tantrums are usually related to not being able to do something he wants to do or not having the words to express what he wants. He just had a total meltdown at bath because he wanted to hold his toothbrush and my husband couldn't figure out what he wanted!  
  • jk382jk382 member

imageklutzygrl26:
    IT feels like one every 15 minutes as least.  Unfortunately, Julia is NOT eating, so her tantrums are not likely related to a growth spurt.  We are on vacation with DH's family, so I'm hoping she's just out of sorts from that!  I know I need a break!

I hope your in-laws are nice!  My are horrible and judgmental.  They think that anything that is wrong with Nolan is my fault!  I hope you are having a better time than I would have!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Just for the record, there is a wonder week around 75 weeks..This past week has been crazy.
    It's more like he is constantly reaching up to be held, lots of whining, lots of acting out, me and the moby have reacquainted ourselves again.
    Not eating much this week, and every night around midnight he wakes sporadically and needs cuddles to go back to sleep Lol.
    Just very clingy, and extreme.
    I imagine Being a toddler is very stressful
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Tantrum central over here this week. She keeps taking things she shouldn't have, and every time I take something, she throws a fit. Redirection only works half the time, the other half she throws herself on the floor and I ignore her. I have to or I'll go crazy and she'll just keep at it. It usually only lasts a minute before she realizes I'm not paying attention, then she moves on to something else. This week has been bad in particular, probably because we're all tired.
  • jk382jk382 member

imageAmberrrr:
    Just for the record, there is a wonder week around 75 weeks..This past week has been crazy. It's more like he is constantly reaching up to be held, lots of whining, lots of acting out, me and the moby have reacquainted ourselves again. Not eating much this week, and every night around midnight he wakes sporadically and needs cuddles to go back to sleep Lol. Just very clingy, and extreme. I imagine Being a toddler is very stressful

Nolan is almost through that wonder week.  For the past two (?, maybe 3) leaps I have really noticed an increase in tantrums....especially over diaper changes. Yesterday was a lot better so I am hopeful that once the leap ends we will be back to normal. 

• He has tantrums off & on all day long! Most don't last too long though. Now DD? Girl knows how to throw a 30-minute bedtime tantrum a few times per week. 
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"