Infertility
Options

Bloating pain post ET?

Oh my good heavens, the bloating is awful!!! Anyone else??

My ET was yesterday and my stomach has ballooned and is so sore! Hurts to touch and move. Seems to be the worst at night.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bloating pain post ET?

• Options
    Has your doctor talked to you about the possibility of OHSS? Because that's what it sounds like to me... Mine set in right after ET and was not fun at all. They say to drink plenty of fluids (esp with electrolytes) and keep track of your weight, but you may want to get in touch with your doc if you are that uncomfortable. I hope you feel better soon!
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • Options
    I was incredibly bloated the day after my ET. I was not expecting that at all.

dx:  Unexplained IF
     TTC since May 2011, 1 year trying, and then 3 TI, 2 IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 (May 2013):  Antagonist Protocol: 
    24R, 18M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 2 early blasts, no frosties = BFN
    IVF #2 (August 2013):  Lupron Stop Protocol: 
    28R, 23M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 1 partially hatched blast, 7 frosties = BFP
    EDD 5/23/14, blighted ovum (6w6d), D&C (8w6d)
    FET #1 (April 2014):  transferred 2 5d blasts = BFP
    C.J. born 01/09/15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, and I can't decide if this is me being wimpy or if its mild OHSS.... Only real symptoms I have are back pain, bloating and stomach pain. It's not excruciating, but just sitting here and not moving and it hurts.
  • Options
    Just sharing my experience, but I didn't have any bloating. I only had 10 eggs retrieved so I didn't have OHSS. 

Me: 33 DH: 32 SA#1 low count (6mil) SA#2- now in IUI range!(30mil) Dx:MFI
    11/1- IUI#1,12/1- IUI#2, 1/2- IUI#3 all BFFN
    IVF#1. Long Lupron.ER 3/8 10R,4M,5F. ET 3/3-one 1AB, 2 frosties 5dp5dt-BFP!! Beta 3/25-794 Beta 3/27- 1794
    First u/s 4/8 saw hb. 4/22 missed mc 8w3d. d&c 4/26
    FET #1- bcp start 6/9. ET 7/12. 2 perfect blasts.5dpt-BFP!! 
    Beta 7/24 -1,239!! Beta 7/26- 2569 Beta 7/29- 7120.  U/S 8/7 hb 118! U/S 8/14 hb 143! U/S 8/20 hb 170. Graduated!! Stick baby stick! 

• Options

I felt like that before ET. I was good by my 5dt. I felt just like you described. I was told to drink lots of Gatorade, blah, but it worked. If I never have Gatorade again, that will be fine with me. Does it hurt when you breathe? My nurse asked me that all the time. I guess that's not good and I was told to call her if it started hurting when I took a breath or gained 2lbs or more overnight.

Edited to say: My nurse said that it will be worse at night. I've heard that post ET OHSS is a good sign ;)

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

• Options
    imagebeachy6:
    I felt like that before ET. I was good by my 5dt. I felt just like you described. I was told to drink lots of Gatorade, blah, but it worked. If I never have Gatorade again, that will be fine with me. Does it hurt when you breathe? My nurse asked me that all the time. I guess that's not good and I was told to call her if it started hurting when I took a breath or gained 2lbs or more overnight.Edited to say: My nurse said that it will be worse at night. I've heard that post ET OHSS is a good sign ;

Well that's good!

Hurt in my stomach when breathing? Or lungs? If I breathe in deep enough, my stomach hurts. But, otherwise breathing itself is not painful.

I'll call RE in morning just to tell him. I'm assuming I'm fine. He warned me that the micro HCG shot I'm doing might make me very bloated and uncomfortable.
  • Options
    I'm not really sure. I think they were trying to see how far up the fluid was going from my OHSS. My diaphragm hurt when I took a deep breath, but never just breathing normally. I think it's a good idea to just call and let them know. That way if things get worse, they'll already be aware. Hope you feel better soon!

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

• Options
    imagebeachy6:
    I'm not really sure. I think they were trying to see how far up the fluid was going from my OHSS. My diaphragm hurt when I took a deep breath, but never just breathing normally. I think it's a good idea to just call and let them know. That way if things get worse, they'll already be aware. Hope you feel better soon!

Thank you!!
  • Options
    I was sooo bloated and in a lot of pain afte ER not ET. I think I had mild OHSS.  I stuck the low potassium high protien diet my RE recommended.  Drink lots of gatorade. Good luck!

Three ectopic preganacies in left tube in 1999, 2003 and 2004. HSG in 2010 concluded left tube blockage. IUI with femara in 2012 BFN. IVF #1 June 2013, 20 retreived, 14 mature, 12 fertilized via ICSI, one transferred, four frozen, BFN.  FET in September 2013 - BFN:( FET #2 April 2014 - BFP!!!!

Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap. As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the work of God,the Maker of all things. <?xml:namespace prefix = o />

Ecclesiastes 11 4:5  

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My bloat was terrible too!!!  I had my ET July 5th and I finally felt almost normal yesterday.  I was so bloated that I looked pregnant too.  It also was the worst in the evening.  
    TTC since June 2010:  Blocked tubes due to Endo
    IVF July 2013

4/2 accepted into New Hope Fertility Clinical Trial in NYC 
    7/5 ET one blast transferred
    7/12 first beta 7dp5dt:  39  Pregnant!!!
    7/15 Beta: 146
    7/19 Beta: 935
    7/26 Beta: 14,671

• Options
    I forgot to mention it also hurt so bad when I sneezed!  
    TTC since June 2010:  Blocked tubes due to Endo
    IVF July 2013

4/2 accepted into New Hope Fertility Clinical Trial in NYC 
    7/5 ET one blast transferred
    7/12 first beta 7dp5dt:  39  Pregnant!!!
    7/15 Beta: 146
    7/19 Beta: 935
    7/26 Beta: 14,671

• Options
    imagedogparkdiva:
    I forgot to mention it also hurt so bad when I sneezed! nbsp;

Oh gosh, I hear ya!! It hurts to move! Tylenol doesn't help at all either. Ugh!

If I have to see Gatorade after this is said and done, I might be sick!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"