Special Needs

Brag Day Wednesday!

Assembly_ReqdAssembly_Reqd member
edited July 2013 in Special Needs

Post those brags!

Let's play around with the editing features to make it more fun!

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

Re: Brag Day Wednesday!

• Zoey tasted and liked sea salt and vinegar potato chips while on vacation last week (along with boardwalk style french fries). She loves the flavor and it has sparked her interest in food. Oh and she also loved frozen custard. Though I had to dip her pacifier into it and stick it back in her mouth, but she liked it!

• So excited, I have a few this week!
    DD clapped on her own the correct way for the first time this week. She also is able to put a puzzle piece in the correct place now on her own and best of all.... she has her first sign down finally! She can sign cup now! ABA is truly amazing!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagerevlaurawittman:
    I can't believe it but my workaholic husband is taking 8 weeks off!!!! nbsp;I'm pretty sure we're going to go and vacation somewhere during that time. nbsp;We are covered really well by the Methodist Book of Discipline though... all clergy are guaranteed at least that amount of time off if you are a full time Elder. nbsp;Woohoo!

Seriously? Ugh... That is wow! Im going to challenge the September ladies to indulge me in saying their SO gets more time off than this! And mean in! Rev you are the prize holder ATM!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageEMLYNNLERETTE:
    imagerevlaurawittman:
    I can't believe it but my workaholic husband is taking 8 weeks off!!!! nbsp;I'm pretty sure we're going to go and vacation somewhere during that time. nbsp;We are covered really well by the Methodist Book of Discipline though... all clergy are guaranteed at least that amount of time off if you are a full time Elder. nbsp;Woohoo!
    Seriously? Ugh... That is wow! Im going to challenge the September ladies to indulge me in saying their SO gets more time off than this! And mean in! Rev you are the prize holder ATM!

It is awesome!  It's only due to the increase in young clergy over the past few years.  The church is trying to do more to get more of us in here, and that includes offering support for the younger pastors.  It's definitely nice to have!  You can take 8 weeks paid, and an extra month unpaid, unless you save all of your time off and then you can take 12 weeks paid.  But of course, that's only for ordained elders.

I'm pretty excited for both of us to have some time off together.  Of course there is a sense in which we are both always "on call" because of emergency situations and funerals, but usually ministers in the area try to cover for each other if something comes up while one is on leave. 

We said goodbye to our sweet Taylor Ashley on August 8, 2012.We lost baby Noelle on May 1, 2015

Mom to Cam and Al, now expecting baby number 3, August 2016. Praying for lots of sticky baby dust!
  • csh96csh96 member
    DH has not done a good job looking into this at work.  He is "fairly sure" that he will get a week or 2.  Ugh!  Just get something off the checklist for once dear!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • AnjaOAnjaO member
    Last time, DH saved up his PTO (vacation/sick time), so he took 2 weeks off.  Now he's a professor and has only been full time one semester, so he probably won't be taking any time off except to be there for the birth.  Honestly, I was glad to have him go back last time...

BFP #1 8/14/10, DS born 4/30/11 
    BFP #2 9/30/12, M/C 10/23/12 
    BFP #3 12/16/12, CP 12/20/12 
    BFP #4 1/20/13, DD born 10/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DH is a teacher so he can take as much sick time as he has. Right now he could probably take 12 weeks but he is going to take 2 weeks at the beginning and some days here and there. Only possible issue is I am due 2 days before school starts so he is kind of hoping I go late or a little early so he can be there for the 1st day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • imagecsh96:
    DH has not done a good job looking into this at work. nbsp;He is "fairly sure" that he will get a week or 2. nbsp;Ugh! nbsp;Just get something off the checklist for once dear!

I can relate to that...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My husband gets 2 weeks paid paternity leave. With DS, he took about a week before he was going stir crazy, and slowly transitioned back to work during week 2. Now he travels full time, so I'm hoping he'll stay in town for the full 2 weeks, but I'm sure he'll work a bit. I mostly want help with DS, not the newborn.
    Finally updating my signature and avatar, August 29, 2011 (better late than never!) Jake! (born July 3, 2011 - 6 days past due) Image and video hosting by TinyPic December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My husband is a CPA and baby is coming in the middle of his audit season, probably will be able to convince him to take off a few days here there. He's been able to schedule his audits in town around and none over our due date. He will also take some time off at the holidays before I go back January 1st.

I wish he worked for my company where fathers get an 8 week paternity leave to use in the first year... That's the difference in working for a local firm vs a global Internet company though I suppose.
  • DH can't really take too much off since he is a dentist and has patients, and a fcew days a week he is the only one at the office (they have two offices).  Last time it works out that we were at the hospital on days that FIL (also a dentist) is in the office.He had to cancel the other day.

But he had to go back to work right when we came home.  My mom just stayed for a week or two.

We'll see what happens this time. 

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"