Baby Names

Top two contenders...

Avery David

Landon David

Our oldest son is Lincoln James. I like Landon, but feel like it's becoming too popular?

I love Avery, but not sure about it being unisex.

The middle name, David, is for my dad.

Thoughts?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
My BFP Chart
BFP 12/19/08 m/c 12/26/08 4 weeks 5 days BFP 10/12/12 m/c 11/19/12 9 weeks...love you forever my angel babies!

Re: Top two contenders...

• I actually love Avery on a boy, and I think Landon sounds too similar to Lincoln. Avery all the way.
  • imagebanannapeach85:
    I actually love Avery on a boy, and I think Landon sounds too similar to Lincoln. Avery all the way.

My feelings as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Neither

Andrew? Liam? Leo?

• ZimgerZimger member

I like Landon but agree with the pp that said it's too close to Lincoln.

I don't really like Avery...although I do prefer it on a boy. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageStickyBaby:
    imagebanannapeach85:
    I actually love Avery on a boy, and I think Landon sounds too similar to Lincoln. Avery all the way.
    My feelings as well.

Yup, same here 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Anniversary
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Avery has gone to the girls in my area, and Landon sounds too matchy with Lincoln to me. Why not David Landon?

• Avery is only a girl's name to me.

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

• Love Landon David it is my god sons name. 

BabyFetus Ticker

• My vote is for Avery.

Landon is getting a little popular, there are 2 on my birth month board. I love "unisex" names being reclaimed by boys, so I would love to see a little boy Avery. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker someecards.com - Your personal anecdotal evidence is so much more relevant than this legitimate scientific study.
  • While I do like Avery for a boy, with the popularity it has amongst girls vs boys right now, he'll likely be in school with several girl Averys and I worry it could have the same teasing opportunities as a boy named Robin.

I'd go with Landon or another option.
  • I like Landon but agree it's too similar to your DS's name. Sorry but I can't get on board with Avery cause my daughter has a million girls named Avery in her Kindergarten grade. Even if you feel it should be a masculine name the reality is he would go to school with a name that is predominately used on the opposite sex these days and I imagine that's no fun for a child. Just a thought.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Avery
    utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Getting Pregnant">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageZimger:

I like Landon but agree with the pp that said it's too close to Lincoln.

I don't really like Avery...although I do prefer it on a boy. 

I agree 100%

• Avery,

but I'm biased because I'm naming my son Avery Nicholas. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo octoberowls_zps78dd2214.png

May Siggy: Baby in disguise

photo photo1-1.jpg
  • My dd is Avery and my ds is Landon, so I love both! All of the Avery's I know are girls.
  • imageBLang23:

imagebanannapeach85:

I agree 100%

Love, love, love Avery on a boy. 

imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Neither...sorry. Avery is so not masculine to me, and I don't care much for Landon.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • imageSam Buttons:
    While I do like Avery for a boy, with the popularity it has amongst girls vs boys right now, he'll likely be in school with several girl Averys and I worry it could have the same teasing opportunities as a boy named Robin.
    I'd go with Landon or another option.

This.
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • The only Avery's I know in my area under age of 10 are all girls so personally I wouldn't use it.   Landon is a little too similar to Lincoln but I like it better than Avery.     

• I like Landon better, but I think it's too close to Lincoln.  I don't know that I'd pick Avery b/c it's becoming much more popular for a girl.  Is there anything else you like?  What about Lucas, Owen, Parker, Mason, Gavin, Bennett, Grayson, etc?

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Every Avery I know is a girl. Especially with such a masculine name as Lincoln, Avery seems really feminine in comparison. I would go with Landon. It goes with Lincoln really well too.

• I love Avery! I would use it if my husband would let me/it went with out last name
    image   image
  • I like Landon much better.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• imagebanannapeach85:

This exactly.
  • Douglas
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"