February 2014 Moms

Signature gone

How do I fix it?  Everything has disappeared.  I typed back in my info, but when I add the code for my ticker it doesn't work.  Help!!
imageimage

Re: Signature gone

• Thanks.  Hopefully I can get it fixed.
    imageimage

• It can be fixed! 
    1. Click the little head icon at the top right of this page. 
    2. Click on Signature Settings on the left side under your avatar.
    3. Find the code from where you used to update your profile--instead of using the HTML stuff, copy image locations (the https:// part of the code) for your pictures, tickers, etc and insert them as pictures, then you can adjust sizes by dragging the handles on the pictures.
    4. To insert links to your chart or anything else, you need to type text in, highlight it, click on the chains with the + and then type in the link you want it to go to.

See if that helps!

• Loading the player...
  • If we only insert the image url for our tickers, will it still update everyday?
    imageimage

• imageLoving_Him:

I am pregnant for the first time and I decided long ago I wanted to have a Scheduled C/S. I have spent the last 36 weeks arguing with every female (and even my dad) over this decision so please if you respond, don't try to talk me out of it. I am aware of the risks and all of that. But I do have a few questions about some different stuff I have been hearing as far as C/S's go.

1: I was told that I would be given a spinal, and not an epi but I don't really know the difference except one is a shot and the other is a drip? Those who have had C/S's before, is there one you would recommend over the other? 

2: I was recently informed that they would put me on a Pitocin drip AFTER they stitched me up so my uterus would contract and shrink. Is this true to anyone's knowledge?

3: Since this is a boy and my husband wants a girl, we are going to try again in 5yrs. Would that be enough time to not have to worry about a rupture from the first C/S?

4: Does anyone object to the Vitamin K and Hep B shot right after birth? Because after researching pros and cons (and hearing family stories), My husband and I were debating on asking them not to be given. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.  

Well as someone that is currently recovering from a third c-section, I think you're 100% crazy :) but I have had bad recoveries and problems with each c-section. 

1. I had an epi with my first two. with the first one I passed out as soon as they gave it to me and my baby's heart rate dropped to a scary level. With the second they gave it to me very slowly to try and avoid me passing out again. however, I did end up going more numb than I should have, even my left arm went completely numb.  With my third (12days ago) I had my first spinal. it was a scary thing to me. going in was more painful, plus it kept making me jump and my right thigh kept feeling like it was getting shocked really badly. they told me it was from them hitting my nerves. then during my c-section I felt everything minus the pain, but to me it was bad and very weird. I felt all the touching and tugging (normal with a spinal) I really thought they were going to yank me right off the table, and there was so much pressure when they pulled her out. with my boys I felt nothing at all during the c-section which was a million times better. I think the spinal wore off the fastest for me. I could move my legs about an hour later. after all three I itched like crazy. with the epi it lasted like 24 hours and was all over my body. with the spinal it lasted like 6-8 hours and was mostly on my face, with some random itching all over  my body mixed in.

2. I don't think they gave me any. but I did have the iv in for awhile afterwards, so it could have been in there? but I never felt anything.

3. I don't think time matters at all. I had my first two 16 months apart and after the second my Dr told me it was a very good thing I did not have a vbac and it looked like I would have ruptured badly. My second and third were 9 years apart and I was once again told it was very good that I did not have a vbac. one it looked like I would have ruptured badly again, and two my placenta grew into my uterus and my Dr said things would have gotten really bad if I was doing a vbac. at this point since my placenta grew into my uterus, I have been advised that its best for me to be done having babies as even with a c-section it could get bad from here. 

baby #1 boy 11.1.02 baby #2 boy 2.25.04 baby #3 girl 6.28.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker my blog
  • 1. Spinals will numb you from tits to toes. You'll be unable to use your legs for many hours, and a catheter will be inserted for the sake of urinating. Epidurals are for just your abdominal area to ride out labor. You'll likely get the spinal.

2. I don't recall hearing anything about pitocin during/after my CS but if you are concerned it will hurt, you won't feel a thing until after the spinal wears off.

3. 5 years is plenty of time assuming you don't have a ''weak'' uterus, as most doctors recommend min 18 months between deliveries for VBACers. However it will be even less of a concern if you opt for a RCS. 

4. I was not against it as vitamin K is recommended to help blood clot appropriately. Personally I would not let ''family stories'' sway your judgement unless there are hereditary conditions. 

EXTRA: Although I had over 2 weeks to mentally prepare for my CS I still found my VBAC to be a more positive experience. It meant so much more to me to be able to hold LO2 the second she was born as opposed to seeing FI hold LO1 while my arms stayed strapped to the table. Recovery wise, a CS is a lot easier on the body provided that you do not have a small toddler needing to he held/lifted/carried IMHO.

"What are you having?" "Well the radiologist says its a healthy little human baby. I'm a little disappointed, because I really wanted a puppy." LOL
  • I don't have any decent answers to your questions, but I wanted to congratulate you for sticking to your guns about the birth you want.  There is nothing wrong with wanting to schedule a c-section, just like there is nothing wrong with wanting a med-free birth.  Every woman should be able to give birth how she wants.  
  • I think everyone has answered your questions pretty thoroughly but I just wanted to say congrats on getting your doc's to agree to a scheduled c/s. I told mine from the beginning that my mom and aunts all had c/s and yet I still had to be in labor for three days before they would let me get one. 

I kept trying to explain to people that it was the only way I had ever seen to recover from having a baby so it would be normal to me. Also the episiotomy possibility terrified me. 

• 1).  I had an epidural.  Someone said that it only numbs your abdominal area.  That is not true.  My legs were numb and I screamed my way through every contraction.  So they removed it and put it back in.  Then I was numb from about the waist down.  Once they decided to operate they upped the dose and I was numb from the chest down.  

2) I do not believe I had pitocin after the birth but I'm a little blury on the entire day of his birth.  After they removed my son they knocked me completely out to sew me up.  I did not know they were going to do to that and absolutely did not consent to it.  I think the pitocin is more of a case by case thing.

3) 5 years will reduce your risk of rupture but by having a c-section you will always have an increased risk of rupture. 

4).  I do not objet to those shots.  However, in our case the hep b was not right after the birth.  It was done the day before we were discharged.  

• We delayed Hep B with botg kids, but they got them within their first year. With Vitamin K, definitely get it if your going to circumcise him. you can also get an oral version if it instead, I think part of it is that you can take it too if you're BF.

Good luck!
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• I'll just answer #4

DS was given the vitamin K shot (I would have preferred drops, but whatever, I wasn't awake), but not the Hep B. There really is no reason to do the Heb B at birth if  the mom doesn't have it. I think Canada waits until 5th grade, which is much more reasonable to me. It's a personal choice... 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1: For my last section I got a spinal as well as an epidural. The spinal was for the surgery and the epidural was for recovery.

2: honestly, I don't remember. I'm assuming they did? I have vaginal attended births where they have done this as well so I am totally fine with whatever they need to do to get my uterus to contract down and not bleed out.

3: Yes.

4: we will be delaying the HepB until the newborn appointment or 1 month appointment.
    **Baby #3 is on the way!**
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1)  From everything I know, a spinal is really is the only option for a CS, while an epi is for a vaginal delivery. I got a shot so I wouldn't feel the spinal block going in. Honestly, easy peasy and nothing to worry about.

2) If Pitocin is the standard operating procedure for your practice, than unless you adamantly object to it, they will administer it. I am not sure if I got it or not, but there's no reason to not get it. You won't feel it, and it's important that your ute shrink in a hurry.

3) You will only know the answer to this question after you've recovered from your CS. I was told immediately that I would be an ok candidate for a VBAC. It all depends on how things go.

4) I did not object. I don't believe in the anti-vax mindset. IMO, unless there is some major complication, it's ok to follow the Dr's recommendations.

Anniversary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC/BFP/FF details in bio

• 1. I had a spinal for both my c-sections, so I can't say anything about having an epidural instead, but I was in labor both times so by the time I got the spinal I thought it was pretty much awesome.

2. I think this is routine.

3. Five years should be plenty of time to reduce (but not eliminate) the risk of uterine rupture.  It is always possible but spacing out pregnancies by that much (and you really don't need to wait that long; I think the most any doctor will recommend as a minimum is two years) should put you in great shape.  Our kids are spaced out four years, but physically I would have felt comfortable getting pregnant sooner.

4. I don't have particularly strong feelings about delaying Hep B, though my kids got it right away.  I think declining Vitamin K is, frankly, crazycakes, and when I read arguments against the shot on the Internet it makes me stabby.  There is no way to anticipate whether your child is at risk for HDN until it's too late (and I should put out that having a c/s is a risk factor) and at that point your child might end up dead or with a massive brain injury.  What cons to the shot could possibly induce you to reject it?  I can't imagine what family story would lead you to that decision.

DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"