December 2013 Moms

How much sleep do you get?

After seeing so many of you were up last night when the changes went into effect, it made me think of this question.
How many hours of sleep do you get usually? I need 8.5 hours, at least. I'm not sure how I'm going to survive having a kid

Re: How much sleep do you get?

• jmb527jmb527 member
    edited July 2013
    I usually get 6-8 hrs depending on what time I go to bed. DD is up by 7 or 7:30, sometimes 8 which is amazing especially if I am off.

ETA: you will adjust once LO is here to the amount of sleep you get, it sucks at first, but somehow you begin to cherish what sleep you get! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I like to get at least 8 hours, but been super stressed this past week so Im averaging 4. Today I only work 8 hours so I will definatly be napping when I get home

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I normally get around 8 hours but lately I'm up multiple times a night to pee or because I'm uncomfortable.
    July '16 May Siggy Challenge 

BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 29
    DH: 32
    Married: June 2011
    DD #1: December 2013
    DD #2: EDD July 2016
  • I usually wake up a lot throughout the night, but last night was amazing! Our room was so cold, it was perfect!

• After over a year of not getting a good nights sleep, I'm finally enjoying DS sleeping all night. I try to fall asleep by 11 and I get up when he gets up around 8 or 830. Minus getting up to pee. It feels wonderful!

"Dont fucking ever come out your face talking shit like that" -SG 1/12/2014

• I get around 6-8 hours with a few wake ups to go to the bathroom.
  • I function best with 8 hours, but they're never a solid 8 hours between dogs getting sick occasionally and my own potty breaks. Even before I was pregnant, I was waking up 2-3 times a night to pee. Apparently I just have an abnormally small bladder and need an abnormally high amount of water to function. My SIL is about 5 months along and was complaining about waking up 2-3 times a night to pee. I guess I'll just start sleeping in the bathroom at some point.
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Pre pregnancy... 8 or 9. Now, I'm lucky to get 5, and they aren't ever all in a row.
  • Usually 7 or 8 hours. I am a zombie if I have less than 7!
  • I typically need about 8 but I have BAD pregnancy insomnia and only get about 4 these days.  I think of it as my body preparing for the lack of sleep I will get when the baby is actually here.  Whether or not that's true, I don't know...

• Not enough. When I was pregnant with my son, I had a terrible time getting long amounts of sleep. I would sleep in increments of 2 hours, then be awake for 2-3 hours.

After he was born, sleep just went out the window. For the first 3 months of his life I was getting about 4 to 5 hours. Then 6 hours when he was 6-11 months.

Now it's about the same but there are pockets that I only get 4 hours because of him being up all night and or pregnancy insomnia.

I would love 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Love.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 6-8 hours, depending on how my kids sleep.  If I'm lucky and they decide to nap at the same time during the day, I lay down with them and snooze.  That's pretty rare though.
    imageimageimageimage
  • I have major sleep issues, even when not pregnant. I usually only sleep 2-3 hours at a time, on a rare fantastic night I'll have a 4 hour stretch. I probably piece together a total of 5-6 hours a night.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Eh, usually I get close to 8 hours sleep, but I have heartburn flare up often enough I can manage with a lot less if I have to. If I get less than 4-5 hours sleep, though...I will be one unholy terror, it's not pretty.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"