February 2013 Moms

Beach tips

We are going to the beach for a week. Staying in a small condo so there won't be a lot of space.

What items would you consider a must?
Anything great discoveries or things you wish you had thought of?

I am super excited about our family trip and want to make sure we have what we want/need.

TIA

Re: Beach tips

• We got our DD one of these b/c she is too young for sunscreen: https://www.coolibar.com/product/UV-Swimwear/Girls-Infant-6M-24M/Infant-Beach-Romper/pc/2223/c/0/sc/2283/155904.uts

We also got one of their wide brimmed sun hats.  And she wore baby sunglasses (she likes them and does not try to take off....pretty funny).  In the pool she was getting a little pink from the sun reflecting off the water so I did have to put a tiny bit of sunscreen for babies (the kind w/ zinc oxide) on her cheeks/nose, but that's it.  

Honestly, we packed way too much.  We would have been fine w/ her sun gear, float, a onesie for each day and a regular outfit for each day, the diaper bag (diapers, creams, nursing cover) and our diapers (we cloth diaper so that was a big part of her suitcase).  We took an umbrella stroller and never used.  I did use our sling.  I would say pack less than you think you need....I should have done that for myself too as I forget at the beach you just end up lounging around in the same couple of things :)  

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• We got a sun tent which was great. I think DH found ours at BJs for cheap. We also brought along DS's super seat (like a Bumbo but with toys around it). It was nice to have a place to stick him and honestly, playing was his favorite part of the beach! :P

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies for the tips! We are very excited!!
  • We are heading to the beach in about a month and plan to take along our Kidco Go-Pod for the rental house and beach, for when he gets tired of being held or laying down. We may take the bouncy seat too, we'll be there with a total of 6 kids, that's a lot of little feet padding around, so the play mat won't be the best choice for us. Other than that we'll take the PNP, stroller, ergo, SPF tent, and float boat for the water. Have fun at the beach!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"