May 2013 Moms

My confession

My son is two months old today and has given us ONE four hour stretch of sleep in his 8 weeks on this earth. It's making me want to punch my kindle everytime someone posts about a long stretch of sleep.

Sorry peeps. I have sleep envy. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My confession

• And then there's one on the 0-3 month board that really makes me want to cry. 

• Sad face...

Are you BFing or FFing? Can you and your H alternate nights feeding LO so at least one of you is getting a decent nights sleep every night?
  • Loading the player...
  • My son is 6 weeks and I am on my phone, but amen sister friend on the rest.

And worse it is a 3 hour stretch followed by a 2 hour then a 1.5 hour. Killing me and making me stabby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm right there with you. LO is 10 weeks and we usually get a 3 hour followed by 2 hour increments.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Happy 2 months to your little man! My daughter is 2 months today as well. She is just starting to sleep about 4 hour stretches so I'm sure he will come around! I do a lot of tummy time during the day and I am noticing the more activities I do with her the less naps she takes and the more she sleeps during the night.
  • DS is 2 months and just did one 5 hour and one 6 hour stretch last week. Now he's back to 4 hours followed by a 2 to 3 hour.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Not to scare you, but my second DS didn't give a 5 hour stretch until, wait for it, 14.5 months. And before that stretch I'd only gotten two 4 hour stretches in his life. I was sooo tired!! Plus I had an active 2 year old during the day! I literally thought I was going to just die from exhaustion.
    Baby #3 on the way!
  • The past two nights have been terrible for us! Last night he was up within he an he of bein put down. Tonight, an hr and a half each time. I am so tired.

Hope it gets better!

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Not to scare you, but my second DS didn't give a 5 hour stretch until, wait for it, 14.5 months. And before that stretch I'd only gotten two 4 hour stretches in his life. I was sooo tired!! Plus I had an active 2 year old during the day! I literally thought I was going to just die from exhaustion.
    Not to scare me?!?!? Ha!!! I have 20 Fifth graders to teach this year!!! I guess I'll be learning to deal with sass on small amounts of sleep.

• I don't know if it will make you feel any better, but even though S has started sleeping 6 or so hours at night, she's up and eating pretty much every 1.5-2 hours the rest of the day. If I got a couple 3 or 4 hour stretches during the day, I'd gladly give up my 6 hours at night, especially since I'm up every hour after 4 hours to check on her anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"