February 2014 Moms

Anyone else going to have 2 under 2?

Anyone else going to have 2 under 2? My 1st baby is 9 months old now. It looks like they'll be 18 months apart. This pregnancy has barely begun, but I feel so much more exhausted this time around. I know it's probably because I'm taking care of DD. How are you mamas preparing for #2? I'm actually hoping to have another girl since we have everything, AND girls clothes is soooo cute! I've also been looking at double strollers, like a Sit n Stand. Any recommendations? I want something that's not too bulky since I have a small car. And speaking of cars, baby #2 means I'll have to give up my beloved Mini Cooper. DD and I have gotten around town really well in it so far. Her car seat and stroller fit great inside the Mini. Preparing for baby #2 is tiring! At least I feel great and don't have any bad pregnancy symptoms right now.

Re: Anyone else going to have 2 under 2?

• emm57emm57 member

I'll be having 2u2.  They will be about 21 months apart. My DS is 13 months now. I've also been think about double strollers vs. baby wearing and one stroller. I wore DS all the time and hardly ever used the stroller. 

I actually am hoping for a girl this time around. All my big items are gender neutral and I really would only have to buy clothes. They will have to share a room until we move, which we want to next summer, so I trying to figure out the sleeping arrangements.  

This time around I feel really tired too. I honestly think it's from chasing a toddler around. Plus he loves to wake up super early, between 5:30-6:00AM.   

• I'm going to be 3u3 Smile

Going to 2u2 was much, much easier than I thought it was going to be! I had myself pretty freaked, but its been fine. I'm not going to lie, it sucks sometimes, they are both teething right now, and on sleep strikes, but they have so much fun together! Its amazing to watch them play together, share, kisses, hitting, hair pulling, trading half chewed crackers. Its all good!

Stroller- try and get one from consignment so if you don't like it after a while its no biggie. I love my combi side by side. I have a graco tandem that I HATE, and a dream on me umbrella side by side that is okay.

As for a car, I have a Mazda 5 micro mini. Its the size of an suv but seats 6 (so after this baby there are no spare seats, lol!)

Good luck, you can do it!

*Edited for wall'o'text*

I'm not hungry, I'm HUUUNNNNNGGGRRRRRYYYY! NOW!

Dec 2014 Dec Siggy, Free For All

Big E- 2008

Miss M- 2011

Baby Z- 2012

Baby Smoosh, Due Dec 2014

• Loading the player...
  • Yes! They will be about 20 months apart. We are excited and not as nervous as the first time around, because we know what to expect. We will use the Ergo a lot with this new baby and just use the stroller we have now. If we need a double stroller we will cross that bridge when we get to it. The 2 u 2 board might be helpful to you! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Mine will be 17 months apart.  I'm so excited that they will be so close in age!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Mine will be about 19 months apart, and we're so excited!  We got a new car this past November anticipating our family's growth-a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder.  We LOVE it.  I am looking into buying a nice double stroller for the two little ones :)
    Anniversary
  • imageMaineMama:

I'm going to be 3u3 Smile

Going to 2u2 was much, much easier than I thought it was going to be! I had myself pretty freaked, but its been fine. I'm not going to lie, it sucks sometimes, they are both teething right now, and on sleep strikes, but they have so much fun together! Its amazing to watch them play together, share, kisses, hitting, hair pulling, trading half chewed crackers. Its all good!

Stroller- try and get one from consignment so if you don't like it after a while its no biggie. I love my combi side by side. I have a graco tandem that I HATE, and a dream on me umbrella side by side that is okay.

As for a car, I have a Mazda 5 micro mini. Its the size of an suv but seats 6 (so after this baby there are no spare seats, lol!)

Good luck, you can do it!

*Edited for wall'o'text*

I'm also going to have 3 under 3 :) My first two are 11 months apart and now my two youngest will be 21 months apart. I thought going from 1 to 2 was tough, but my daughter is quite a handful. My son, thank God, is pretty laid back and now that my daughter is older and will be 4 months shy of turning 4 when this baby is born, I think (I hope) it will be an easier transition this time.

I have a tiny car (Nissan Versa) so we'll need a new one once this baby is born, but for 2 it's fine.

I'm not really a stroller person, so I'm not really any help there. I'm mostly baby wear one of them and use a single umbrella for the other one. I do have a double (Combi) which is ok, but it's still big so I don't use it too often.

Good luck! You'll be fine :)

DD born 6.13.11 at 37w5d

DS born 5.23.12 at 36w5d

BFP 6.9.13|heartbeat of 128bpm 7weeks|7.23.13 ultrasound revealed no heartbeat|natural m/c and d&c 7.25.13

DS born 5.20.14 at 38 weeks

All are welcome

• My two are going to be about 19 months a part. I am excited and a little nervous. :) We planned it, but still crazy to think about sometimes. I have heard the sit-and-stands are a huge waste of money & are awful. No experience, but I'd read some reviews on those maybe!
    BFP #1 4/23/11, EDD 1/4/12::No heartbeat @ 9 wks::D&C 6/1/11 
    Child #1  June 2012
    Child #2  Feb 2014
    Child #3  Feb 16
    BFP 3/9/17
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My two will be 21 months apart - we do a lot of city walking so I think we'll be getting a side-by-side double stroller, but DH isn't quite on board with getting yet ANOTHER stroller.  We'll get there.
    We have a pretty big car, but still gets tight in the back seat with two car-seats.  Definitely will not be giving anyone rides with the kidoos.  Welcome on board!  At least this time, we know what to expect - right?!
  • Hi! And AOE lady
    I also have a 9 month old how fun! Just wanted to say that 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My 2 kids are 25 months apart.  It's tough in the beginning, but once you settle into a good routine, it's great.  We did decide to space out #2 and #3 a bit more though.  Good luck to you!  Any age gap is going to have it's advantages/disadvantages.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep, us too!  They'll be about 20 months apart.  Not sure what to do about beds yet-since LO won't be quite 2 yet, I don't want to force him into a toddler bed before he's ready, but I'm not sure buying another convertable crib is any better!  I didn't realize they had a 2u2 board so I'll check it out! 

I like the idea of having a weekly 2u2 (or 3u3 etc) thread! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"