Babies: 0 - 3 Months

IUD vs. Minipill

I'm finally having my PP check up on Monday and thought I wanted to just get an IUD but now I'm rethinking it for the minipill. MH had a vasectomy last Wednesday so we are really looking at probably 3-4 months of needing additional protection before he's at a zero count. An IUD feels like a bit of overkill for such a short period of time and probably more expensive - but it's probably more effective than the mini pill. My two concerns with the mini pill are the effects on breastfeeding and effectiveness. It would obviously be easier to stop though once we have the zero count. Advantages, disadvantages given my situation? I'm still set up for the IUD on Monday and can obviously discuss with my doctor then but just wondering other's experiences thoughts.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: IUD vs. Minipill

• Can you just use condoms for a few months?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • i haven't had any side effects with the mini pill and haven't seen any change in my supply. You just have to be really good about taking it at the same time everyday. Also, most insurance covers generic pills now under Obamacare.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Minipill will help your supply (it's the estrogen pill that decreases it). My doc said wait 2 weeks after starting the pill before having unprotected sex and you have to take it literally the same time every day (there are no reminder pills).
    PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"