May 2013 Moms
Options

Weight Watchers

I know some of u have mentioned that you're doing weight watchers. I joined almost a week and half ago and have been doing ok. I am allowed 42 pts since im EBF. I usually save a lot of points for dinner time and lately ive had between 10and 15 points left at the end of the day. The last couple days I feel like my breasts havent felt as full tgroughtout the day like they have. Wondering if this has to do with my new WW. I do eat a decent amt of fruits and vegs throughout day also. Has anyone noticed this with their weight watchers journey?? I would like to keep going as ive lost 3 pounds in the 10 days but not at the expense of my milk output.

Re: Weight Watchers

• Options
    Make sure you eat all of your points! Rule#1 of WW!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemommatotwo2:
    Make sure you eat all of your points! Rule1 of WW!

Really? Why?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemaymomNY:
    I'm no expert but I think with bfing there comes a point when your supply is established and your breasts don't feel all hard in between feedings. It may have nothing to do with ww. Perhaps more experienced mamas can give more insight.

I dont remember a drop off like this last time, but i suppose things could be different. I also dont feel like im pumping as much out when i do before bed
  • Options
    If you don't eat all your points you have the potential of reducing your supply and slowing your metabolism. Successful WW who lose and keep the weight off eat all their points. It is not a diet as much as a change in lifestyle. After DD I did the meetings and they were super helpful in understanding the plan. Also make sure you are eating for your checkboxes. I don't remember all of them but healthy fats is an important one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagemommatotwo2:
    Make sure you eat all of your points! Rule#1 of WW!

Agreed! I did WW and got to my goal weight on it which I maintained.  It's important to eat all your points, or your body will go into starvation mode which lowers your metabolism and I would think this could also affect milk supply (I wasn't nursing when I did WW in the past).  You actually lose less weight when you don't eat all your points.  The plan ensures your getting enough so your body burns stored fat, versus shutting down. 

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• Options
    HZ2012HZ2012 member
    imagemommatotwo2:

This! And make sure to satisfy your "good healthy guidelines" this is what a PP mentioned about check boxes. I've been on ww for years and it only works when you follow the plan by eating all of your points and healthy guidelines. To use up more points stay away from diety foods. Eat fuller fat cheeses, milks, meats, etc. don't fill up on fruits and veggies if you can't get in all your points. Many fruits are more than one serving, so as long as you're getting in 5 fruits and veggies you can stop there to save room for foods with points.
  • Options
    Karicomo said:
    imagemommatotwo2:

Really? Why?
    Because the points are specifically calculated for your body and lifestyle and are designed to help you lose weight slowly, the healthy way. Rapid weight loss almost always tends to come back and not eating enough calories can send your body into starvation mode and it will hold on to weight, rather than allowing you to lose. Lastly, when you are nursing, you require extra calories to make that milk, that is why you get extra points on weight watchers.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"