Nurseries and Baby Gear

neutral nursery

Anyone out there not finding out what they are having? I'm not, and I'm finding it hard to decide how to do the nursery. Any ideas or what did you do?

Re: neutral nursery

• There are so many options.  Stick with neutral colors (brown, green, yellow, orange...) and then you can add in after baby is born

We went with a safari theme and decorated in browns and greens.  After DD was born I added in some pops of pink.  I didn't want a pink room anyway but this makes it more colorful and girly.  I figure when she is about 3 or 4 we can redocorate in to more of a toddler room anyway, so pick a theme you like.  It doesn't have to be a theme, per se, but a color palette with shapes or patterns.

• we decided on the nursery colors before we knew what we were having. I wanted a gender neutral nursery because I am not a huge fan of having everything be pink or blue based on an x or a y... 

anyway, I posted pictures of our nursery in a post below. Link is here: https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/75163465.aspx

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • We know what we're having, but we picked the theme before we conceived because we had to paint the room ahead of time.  We're doing an ocean theme. Now that we know it's a boy, I ended up picking out slightly more boyish ocean-themed bedding, but there were lots of very neutral and some more girlish ones too.

Most of the nature/animal nursery sets I've seen are gender-neutral so you can do safari, forest animals, ocean/sea/pond/beach, penguins and polar bears, circus, owls on a tree branch with moon and stars, etc. 

You can also go with popular kids characters like Winnie the Pooh, Sesame Street, Dr. Seuss, Disney, nursery rhymes, and non-princess fairy tales.

Or you can go with just dots/stripes/zig-zags in a neutral color scheme. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Our nursery is a sage green color. Furniture is cherry. I have a dark brown glider. Curtai a are not yet purchased but they will be cream. And I'm doing giraffes LIGHTLY! I hate overly themed rooms. So my photographer friend is going to the zoo with me and we're gonna take some pictures of the giraffes and have them blown up and framed as art for the nursery. Crib sheets and little things will be orange and giraffe themed but not an explosion of giraffes.
  • We're adopting, so we haven't been able to plan for gender. We are doing grey, orange and white.
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Animals and alphabet is our nursery theme.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • atcwagatcwag member
    We're team green and had planned a Harry Potter nursery even before we knew 100% that we were going to stay team green.  The primary colors are red and yellow (gold) with some brown accents.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ec0983ec0983 member

imageatcwag:
    We're team green and had planned a Harry Potter nursery even before we knew 100% that we were going to stay team green.  The primary colors are red and yellow (gold) with some brown accents.

i'm just a lurker on this board, but i had to jump in here.  this is the most amazing thing i've ever heard.  do you have pics anywhere???? 

DSCN9655

in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God, in Christ Jesus, for you
    1 thessalonians 5:18
  • paint the walls grey - white doors etc...we know we are having a boy but I wanted a grey room regardless. decorate using shades of grey & yellow. once the baby arrives add either baby pink or baby blue!! good luck!
  • We are doing aqua and lime green with a few touches or orange
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did a very light blue nursery with a tree decal and put butterflies and dragonfly decals around the main colors I went with for the decals are yellow sage green and a turquoise blue. If you want to see pictures I can email you some.
  • In the end, the nursery will not be gender neutral as I'll be adding either more girly/boyish things once we know what we're having - BUT, we are getting the white Jenny Lind crib and painting the walls a really pretty, soft aqua blue which is all gender neutral. We'll be doing a vintage hot air balloon theme, which can definitely be great for boys & girls :) Lots of cute stuff on Etsy & Pinterest!
    i  d o  |  0 6 . 0 7 . 0 8
    s o p h i a  |  0 8 . 1 8 . 0 9 |  8  l b s  4  o z
    e m m y  |  0 2 . 1 1 . 1 4 |  8  l b s  1 0  o z
  • I'm in the same boat. I don't really like the themey stuff like safari or Pooh. At the moment, I am considering navy blue and white and then I will add in either hot pink or kelly green accents after birth. I'm thinking lamp shades, pillows, wall art, etc., would have the accent colors. I'm also not a big fan of pastels so that limits choices as well. I've seen several nurseries done in grey and white and then added an accent color later too. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• We did a neutral nursery even though we already knew sex. Dd's nursery is largely color themed. Red, orange, yellow, brown. We have beige walls with white trim. We put up A large tree decal with those colors in leaves and hung lanterns over the changing table in the colors. I found coordinating You are my Sunshine and Alphabet art. I love it :
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• J234J234 member
    We started out Team Green!  Our nursery is chocolate brown with white trim, a white tree decal, and some Willow Organic pieces from Kidsline.  When we found out we were having a girl, we threw in some pink, orange and green dot pieces from Land of Nod.  
  • imagembm1983:
    we a charcoal grey, yellow and teal. and later added coral. it's not too girly and i love it.

These are the colors we are doing for our little girl's room too!  I love the combo.  We had originally planned on keeping it gender neutral, but I loved the coral too much to exclude it.  

• teshy1teshy1 member
    We stayed with neutral colours even after DD was born.  Her room will remain the nursery and she'll be moving into a new room a few months before LO is due, and we're still keeping the colours fairly neutral (light green walls), but with some "feminine" colour accents.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • atcwagatcwag member
    imageec0983:

imageatcwag:

i'm just a lurker on this board, but i had to jump in here.  this is the most amazing thing i've ever heard.  do you have pics anywhere???? 

We've only painted, so nothing really to show yet.  I'll be sure to share photos on my BMBs (Sept/Oct) when it's finished though!

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"