Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Holding vs laying down for naps

How much do you hold your newborn vs lay them in swing/rnp/pnp while they sleep? I have a 2 yr old and feel like I'm not able to hold my newborn as much as I did with DD. I try to hold and cuddle her as much as I can, but still feel guilty its not enough :( 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Holding vs laying down for naps

• Thanks! I feel a lot better :
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • skioskio member

DD1 was fine settling in the swing or wherever to nap. I held her a lot because I liked it, but she was pretty laid back. 

DD2 is different. She doesn't sleep well anywhere but in someone's arms. I love holding her, but it's making it super hard to take care of DD1. I wear her a lot. It's going to be an interesting learning period for everyone. DD2 will have to slowly get used to being put down more often, but for now, I'll hold her as much as I can.   

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • If he falls asleep, I will usually stick him in his swing. It is the only way that I will be able to get stuff around the house done.
  • DD will sleep laying down at night, but during the day she wants to be held, so I hold her. This is new to both of us, so I'm just going with what she wants for now. Hopefully as I get closer to going back to work she'll be ok with sleeping in her crib/PnP.
    imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • imageChristyD6:
    DD will sleep laying down at night, but during the day she wants to be held, so I hold her. This is new to both of us, so I'm just going with what she wants for now. Hopefully as I get closer to going back to work she'll be ok with sleeping in her crib/PnP.

This is how my DD is. Her wanting to be held during the day is getting worse I think. We might get one nap that I can put her down either in her swing or PNP and she stays asleep for more than 10 minutes.  

image image

• We hold DD as much as we can even during naps, but it is hard sometimes since we also have a 5 year old who wants our attention just as much. DD has been such an easy baby that she doesn't really mind either way. There has only been a couple of times when she cried to be held. We definitely like to hold her when she's awake though.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageChristyD6:
    DD will sleep laying down at night, but during the day she wants to be held, so I hold her. This is new to both of us, so I'm just going with what she wants for now. Hopefully as I get closer to going back to work she'll be ok with sleeping in her crib/PnP.

Us too. LO sleeps in the pnp fine at night, but only takes good naps in somebody's arms. My hope is to transition him to the crib at night, and turn the pnp for daytime naps. In a perfect world, it'd work because he already associates the pnp for sleep, but well, we all know how babies go lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"