Special Needs
Options

Anat baniel method or doman method

Anyone try one of these with their kids? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anat baniel method or doman method

• Options
    image-auntie-:

No.

But I'm a skeptic. 

care to elaborate why?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We had an EI PT who was trained in the Feldenkrais Method.The PT was pretty granola, however I was open to another way of doing PT since what we had been doing was very slow going. I liked the approach and was hoping for a breakthrough to get Nate walking. We saw her once a week from January to April-ish.

Nate finally got walking after doing an intensive, focused daily therapy in April for 4 weeks with a traditional PT in a hospital setting. That is what got him walking.DId the Feldenkrais PT set him up for success? Who knows....

Anat is super spendy, but those four weeks weren't cheap either for insurance to pay the hospital therapists. I think it ended up being about 8 grand. If we were paying OOP for everything Anat may have been cheaper. But who knows if we would have gotten the same results...

Feldenkrais was Anat's teacher and she modified his teachings to work with children. Some of the videos on Youtube are pretty incredible to watch.

If Nate was more affected and traditional therapy didn't work, I would have probably done Anat Baniel. It would have been very difficult to convince DH though.

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I 'get' how the approach can work in a gross motor way. It is basically showing the brain what the appropriate motor movement pattern should be.

I am not sure I get how the speech part would work. Speech is also a motor function, but I am not sure how AB or Feldenkrais would be manipulating the mouth or brain for speech. Sounds like PROMPT to me....*shrugs*

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"