Two Under 2

Help!

My son is 15 months old and we just found out we're expecting again. This was totally not planned! (BIRTH CONTROL FAIL!!!!) I definitely wanted to eventually have another child but I wanted our son to be older so he could understand. I'm having a hard time getting excited for this pregnancy. I'm only 6 weeks along and literally just took a test yesterday and one this morning, so the news is not even 24 hours old. My first pregnancy we cried, held each other, weaped with joy...this time I was almost...dare I say it...sad. I feel terrible, this baby deserves just as much excitement as #1, but it's just not there yet. I woke my son up this morning and I just held him and cried because I'm not ready to share him. Am I being selfish? Do I need to just get over myself? Help! How do I get excited? :/ 

Re: Help!

• Same thing happened to me and now I cant imagine it being any other way.  I was afraid my first wouldnt understand but she did great.  I would 'get over yourself' and be happy.  Everything will be good.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If it makes you feel better my son is 15 months old also and my daughter is 4 months! How about that for a surprise! I think you just need some time for it to soak in and will be excited.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • lana22lana22 member
    my son was 16 months when LO was born. it's hard juggling two and there are going to be things you did for your first that you can't do for your second, but seeing my older son smile and say hi to my second makes it all worthwhile. i have days where i feel like i cheated my first son out of more attention, but in exchange he's going to have a sibling close in age and long term i think that's better.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • klp255klp255 member
    Thank you all! The initial shock I think is starting to wear off and excitement is slowly but surely starting to take place. We had a lot of trouble getting pregnant the first time, so I'm thankful that we don't have to have the stress and worry of "when" and "why isn't it happening" again. God has perfect timing and I've learned not to question it! A new life is always a blessing. I'm obviously not the first person in the world to have two young children and I certainly won't be the last! Thank you all and God bless!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"