Nurseries and Baby Gear

Mythical Unicorn of strollers??

I went back about 3 pages and didn't see this, so hope it's not a repeat question. I'm on mobile, sorry.

I am looking for a stroller that is:
1 NOT a travel system. Something I don't have to buy, or take out/put in a car seat to use for infants.
2 something that will grow with baby until she can walk most of the time when we can just use a cheap umbrella so lays down and let's her sit up.
3 Iess than 250

Does such a stroller exist? With the popularity of travel systems right now, it makes other strollers few and far between.

I'd love something I can do light jogging with, but 99 sure that puts me into unobtainable requirements.

I'd love suggestions and preferences.

Re: Mythical Unicorn of strollers??

• I don't know of a new stroller you can get that has all those qualifications, but check Craigslist for a good condition BOB.
  • imagealicatt79:
    I don't know of a new stroller you can get that has all those qualifications, but check Craigslist for a good condition BOB.

I thought a BOB didn't fit babies under 6 months without a car seat attachment.  

The first three are more important than it being a jogger, and they are listed 1 to 3 in order of importance.

• Loading the player...
  • imagediscobelle:
    Britax B-Agile?

This one was high on my radar, but I was under the impression that to carry an infant you needed to use an adaptor and car seat?  Is it OK to use for a newborn without the car seat?

• imageEstwd2:
    Maclaren Quest. It's 270, so not too far off from your price limit and you can use it from birth with the full recline.

Woohoo - I hadn't come up with this one!  Thanks :) 

• imageEstwd2:
    imagerbtrumpet:

imageEstwd2:
    Maclaren Quest. It's 270, so not too far off from your price limit and you can use it from birth with the full recline.

You're welcome! Although I'm disappointed your post was not about actual unicorns. I'm on mobile and all I saw of your title was "mythical unicorn" and I thought "Ah, this looks weird and promising!"

Aww - sorry - hehe

• Wish82Wish82 member
    Chico Liteway-the regular  one has a full recline for infants. (The Plus takes the infant seat.) it think it's around $70-180. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 Since July 2012-BFP Sept 27, EDD June 9, 2013, Arrived June 14, 2013
    My blog-The Wino That I Know
  • City Mini. It reclines flat for newborns. We first put my son in it at six days old. We did use a JJ Cole infant body pillow for extra cushioning and support, but that was it. This stroller is my favorite item of baby gear. Brand new should be $249.

• We have a City Mini and it fits all of your specifications.  It reclines fully so you can lay a newborn in it (you can also get an adaptor or a bassinet attachment, but neither are needed since it lays flat), you can use it until she does not need to be in a stroller anymore, it is $249.99 on Amazon and Zappos and even though it is not a true jogger I do light jogging with mine.  We LOVE our City Mini!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have no suggestions but you can also check Baby Gizmo Blog and she also has several YouTube reviews, that are pretty unbiased. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• This... We have the Chicco Liteway and a City Mini Gt...have to say that I like the liteway much better (at least for now.) Easy to steer, very lightweight, has a handle for carrying...I like our mini but man is it a bear! I know I'll use mini more as DD gets older but for now the liteway goes everywhere with us. 
  • imagerbtrumpet:

imagealicatt79:
    I don't know of a new stroller you can get that has all those qualifications, but check Craigslist for a good condition BOB.

I thought a BOB didn't fit babies under 6 months without a car seat attachment.  

The first three are more important than it being a jogger, and they are listed 1 to 3 in order of importance.

Just because a stroller fits a carseat, doesn't mean you HAVE to use it.  Strollers are often not recommended until 6 months without the carseat, but I don't know many people who follow that....
    BabyFetus Ticker

•  Valco Baby Zee fits and pushes really smooth so I think it would at least be good for light jogging.  It is normally 290+, but I just bought it from albee baby for 249.  Valco also makes the Snap stroller. You can also check out Tike Tech All terrain, Baby Jogger City Mini, and Bumbleride Flite.
  • ludaliludali member
    imageWish82:
    Chico Litewaythe regular nbsp;one has a full recline for infants. The Plus takes the infant seat. it think it's around 70180.nbsp;

This
  • The whole travel system is really for convenience. You don't have to use an infant seat. There is absolutely nothing wrong with using a stroller in full recline from birth on. It you are worried, use an infant support. The suggested ages are on their b/c at some point there was a dumb parent use them incorrectly. It's to cover their butts. I do know there are serious suggestions about age/maturity and using the jogger to jog.
    Look into the city mini, bagile, mamas and papas has a great stroller. There are a lot of options really
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ebp913ebp913 member
    Bumbleride Indie checks all your boxes and you can jog with it.  The only other stroller mentioned in this thread that you can jog with is the BOB.  I'd look for either of those used.  You can use the Indie from birth without a car seat, the BOB, you might need a snuzzler or to just wait a few weeks.  I would go Indie if you can find a deal on one.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Did you look into the Baby Jogger City Mini, sometimes you can find them on clearance at albeebaby.com.  We have a double and my 5 year old still fits just fine.  It lays flat so you can put an infant in there.

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• imageEstwd2:
    imagerbtrumpet:

imageEstwd2:

You're welcome! Although I'm disappointed your post was not about actual unicorns. I'm on mobile and all I saw of your title was "mythical unicorn" and I thought "Ah, this looks weird and promising!"

Haha! I thought the SAME thing lol
    eliza bopple
    Eliza born 1-25-12
    Baby 2 EDD 7-18-14
  • jefkjefk member
    I can give another recommendation for the City Mini GT.  DD is 3 weeks and fits perfectly (though she's a chunky monkey; if she weren't so big I'd probably use a Snuzzler or something).  You can buy a carseat adapter for it but since the seat reclines flat it's really not necessary.
  • City mini! I love that freakin thing!

• lrn327lrn327 member

imageebp913:
    Bumbleride Indie checks all your boxes and you can jog with it.  The only other stroller mentioned in this thread that you can jog with is the BOB.  I'd look for either of those used.  You can use the Indie from birth without a car seat, the BOB, you might need a snuzzler or to just wait a few weeks.  I would go Indie if you can find a deal on one.  

Ditto the Indie, we love ours! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"