April 2013 Moms
Options

Question for STM's

LO got over the wonder of his swing by about 4 weeks and hasn't really cared for it since. He'll watch the mobile for about 5 minutes before he's bored and he doesn't nap in it anymore.

My question is... Is this a phase? Is he likely to enjoy the swing again? I'd love to get more use out of it if we can because it was so darned expensive. Or is he more likely done for good and I can pack the thing up and give us a little more room in the living room?

Anyone with experience let me know what you think. Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Question for STM's

• Options
    I'm a TTM. Just wait a little bit before putting it away. When I had my second son he did the same thing. Than a few weeks later he was fine. 
  • Options
    My first loved the swing and we had him in it even when he was too big and his little feet dangled off the end.  With my daughter on the other hand, we haven't even taken it out of the basement.  She doesn't need it.  All babies are different, so it's hard to say what your son likes or will like.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My ds1 napped in the swing until5 months. Ds2 hated it after 6 weeks like yours. We moved it to the garage because if we are hanging outside and want to put him down, he will sit in it for a few minutes. But overall, I think it's over.
  • Options
    Ava slept in the swing until she was four months old. Mila sleeps in it at night but doesn't seem into it during the day. I'd keep it out for another week or two and see if it becomes a hit again. 

• Options
    evertzevertz member
    Thanks guys. I'll give it a few more tries over the next couple weeks. If he still doesn't like it I'm packing it up.
  • Options

My first went through phases. She'd hate the swing for awhile, then was only happy in it for awhile. Same goes with the carseat, or Ergo, bouncer, etc...

i would try again next week, and then again after that. Unless you are sick of the clutter! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"