January 2013 Moms

Anyone Staying Here?

Looks like we have two FB groups going now. Is anyone going to stick around here. I'm on FB but not often so is rather hang out here but I'm wondering if I'll be the only one.

Re: Anyone Staying Here?

• I'm not in a FB group.  Why are there 2?
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • The veterans have one but I think it's closed. The new one is for the people who didn't go to the first one.

• Loading the player...
  • I am not part of the facebook groups either and plan on sticking around this board.
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • I check this and facebook daily... How do we get on the FB list?
  • I plan to stay here.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm not joining the FB group(s)...not sure why there are two. I'm just a little weirded out about strangers knowing my real name, and all my personal information...seeing pictures of my family and friends. No offense...I love you gals...but I also like to keep my information as private as possible. It might be easier...but there is no way to cloud your identity on FB no matter how you set your privacy settings. 

I've seen it time and time again where people get comfortable on message boards like this and something happens like identity theft or stalking. I recall a gal who was being stalked by another bumpie on the TTCAL board. Scary stuff.

So on the short note...I'm not going anywhere! 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• ==N====N== member
    Ditto!

Eta: That was supposed to have a quote in it. Oops. Anyway, I'm here. I don't like putting too much personal info out there.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I was in the original group for a few weeks and it wasn't for me.  So I'll be sticking around here!
    BFP 4/30/12 EDD 1/9/13 Our first!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • Okay, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who is a little paranoid about my privacy!  

And Bubble520 check out this thread - https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/75245324.aspx

• image==N==:
    Ditto! Eta: That was supposed to have a quote in it. Oops. Anyway, I'm here. I don't like putting too much personal info out there.

Off topic here but I was just looking at your ticker and your little girl is almost 7 months old!!! So crazy...I was all amazed when DS turned 6 months and to see some of our babies turning 7 months is blowing my mind!! LOL! 

Anniversary

• imagedkmc4ever:
    I was in the original group for a few weeks and it wasn't for me.  So I'll be sticking around here!

Yay, glad you are sticking with us! 

Anniversary

• I am staying on tb and on fb. There are two groups on fb,, the first was excluded people so we started a second.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ==N====N== member
    imagejobiann:

image==N==:
    Ditto! Eta: That was supposed to have a quote in it. Oops. Anyway, I'm here. I don't like putting too much personal info out there.

Off topic here but I was just looking at your ticker and your little girl is almost 7 months old!!! So crazy...I was all amazed when DS turned 6 months and to see some of our babies turning 7 months is blowing my mind!! LOL! 

I know! I was thinking about her 1st bday the other day and thinking its just so crazy that I felt like it took so long for her to get here and now time is flying!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I plan in checking both. I already check both multiple times a day web I am feeding DD.
  • imagekittynap:
    I am. I like the anonymity of TB, not that I don't trust you ladies, but I don't like our last name out there for general consumption. I do miss hearing from the girls that joined the first group.

Same here.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't do Facebook, I'm with PPs on not sharing tooth personal info. I'm staying here!

• I'm not joining the FB group so I plan to stick around here

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • image==N==:
    imagejobiann:

image==N==:

I know! I was thinking about her 1st bday the other day and thinking its just so crazy that I felt like it took so long for her to get here and now time is flying!

Psssttt....Wanna know a secret?!? Am I crazy seeing as I've already reserved his birthday cakes?! LOL! I'm super excited for his birthday. I do hate that is just 5 days after Christmas though....

Anniversary

• imageb0710:
    I'm not even on FB so I definitely plan on sticking around here!

Me too! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm sticking around here as well. FB might be easier, but I'm with the PPs about the privacy stuff. 
  • I don't have a fb so I'll be here as well. I think there are a lot of lurkers that benefit from this board too. I'm not the most active poster but I know this board has been very helpful to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I plan on sticking around here too.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I'm staying here. I don't have a Facebook, and don't have any interest in getting one. Hope some people hang around!!
  • I'll be staying here as well.  At first I thought, sure I'd like to join the FB page, but then I realized you all would know who I am, and as others have said, I like my privacy.  I love TB, and I'm so glad I joined.
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • I joined the FB group, but I will be sticking around here too.  The information here has helped me so much and I love reading everything you ladies post.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Staying here too :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I deactivated my FB account, so I'm sticking around.  I actually found the FB group overwhelming, too many messages, etc., to deal with.  I like this format.
  • image82Sonia:
    Looks like we have two FB groups going now. Is anyone going to stick around here. I'm on FB but not often so is rather hang out here but I'm wondering if I'll be the only one.

I was hoping to join the new FB group - not sure who to contact but I was in the first group for awhile and it just became SO huge, way too many people and too many notifications, I'm hoping the 2nd group will be a little smaller. I didn't have anyone from the original group on my friends list - just part of the group so it was somewhat more private. I have most of my settings restricted so only 'friends' can see what I post or I am tagged in.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejobiann:
    I'm not joining the FB groups...not sure why there are two. I'm just a little weirded out about strangers knowing my real name, and all my personal information...seeing pictures of my family and friends. No offense...I love you gals...but I also like to keep my information as private as possible. It might be easier...but there is no way to cloud your identity on FB no matter how you set your privacy settings.nbsp;I've seen it time and time again where people get comfortable on message boards like this and something happens like identity theft or stalking. I recall a gal who was being stalked by another bumpie on the TTCAL board. Scary stuff.So on the short note...I'm not going anywhere!nbsp;

Stalking? That is crazy!

• I'm not joining the FB group.  Not so much for privacy as for a separation.  I enjoy reading and posting here with other moms in the same boat - but I don't want those posts or comments alongside my photo or updates from family.  I dunno, if I'm going to talk about leaky boobs and poopsplosions, I'd rather it not be accessible to my boss.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagekatrine_05:
    I'll be staying around, especially since I just started posting more regularly!nbsp;

Me too!
  • image82Sonia:
    imagejobiann:
    I'm not joining the FB groups...not sure why there are two. I'm just a little weirded out about strangers knowing my real name, and all my personal information...seeing pictures of my family and friends. No offense...I love you gals...but I also like to keep my information as private as possible. It might be easier...but there is no way to cloud your identity on FB no matter how you set your privacy settings.nbsp;I've seen it time and time again where people get comfortable on message boards like this and something happens like identity theft or stalking. I recall a gal who was being stalked by another bumpie on the TTCAL board. Scary stuff.So on the short note...I'm not going anywhere!nbsp;
    Stalking? That is crazy!

I know right. It was terrible, point is...you never KNOW who someone really is in real life. I could be a crazy person too...but I'm not. Really I promise...but I could be. LOL! Get it?!? I'm really not though....

Anniversary

• imagejobiann:

image82Sonia:
    imagejobiann:
    Stalking? That is crazy!

I know right. It was terrible, point is...you never KNOW who someone really is in real life. I could be a crazy person too...but I'm not. Really I promise...but I could be. LOL! Get it?!? I'm really not though....

Ha ha! Sure you're not....

• imageashcody2:

image82Sonia:

I was hoping to join the new FB group - not sure who to contact but I was in the first group for awhile and it just became SO huge, way too many people and too many notifications, I'm hoping the 2nd group will be a little smaller. I didn't have anyone from the original group on my friends list - just part of the group so it was somewhat more private. I have most of my settings restricted so only 'friends' can see what I post or I am tagged in.

My settings are the same. You can only see my profile and what I post if I am friends with you. To join the group send a message on Facebook to Jill Kirby Seppa with your email address. He will send you an invite.
  • imageholly52:
    I joined the FB group, but I will be sticking around here too.  The information here has helped me so much and I love reading everything you ladies post.

Same for me. I check both constantly anyway. :)

• imagekittynap:
    I am. I like the anonymity of TB, not that I don't trust you ladies, but I don't like our last name out there for general consumption. I do miss hearing from the girls that joined the first group.

This. I'm not leaving. 

• I'm staying here too :-) 
  • I'm part of the first fb group, but I try to come around here when I can! I still check in from time to time :)
  • I'm staying. I prefer this format. You ladies rock!
  • Staying here too :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"