August 2013 Moms

[[Tuesday Ticker Change]]

Happy Tuesday, Tuesday Mommas!

1. How far along are you this week? Fruit of the week?

2. Any appointments? Milestones?

3. How are you feeling? Anyone else "over it" already?

4. What is your favorite and least favorite part of being pregnant during the summer?

5. Are you ready for LO's arrival? What's left to prep or get ready?
photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
My baby is ONE!!

Re: [[Tuesday Ticker Change]]

• Today I am 33w pregnant. I stopped looking at the fruit! No appointments this week next Monday I start every 2 weeks.
    I actually am getting SOME energy back. Not a ton, but enough to clean my house again. I am sick of waddling though.
    Being preggo in the summer means dresses! But it also means constant sweat. It's 93 with 80 percent humidity here.
    We actually have a lot to do! I'm dragging my feet until my baby shower on the 20th. The room is painted and his flooring is almost done, but nothing is really assembled.... Yikes!
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• 1. How far along are you this week? Fruit of the week?
    34 weeks

Had a growth scan and NST yesterday. LO looked good and my fluid level didn't increase from last week!

So over it. But LO needs to wait until at least 36 weeks, since my OB is on vacation for the next week. Plus he needs to cook a little longer.

4. What is your favorite and least favorite part of being pregnant during the summer?
    Favorite: all of the snocones I've eaten and it being totally acceptable to wear yoga shorts and a wife beater basically every day.

Least: I'm not super heat tolerant when I'm NOT pregnant. The heat and humidity are definitely getting the best of me. And I'm sad I'm missing out on all of the yummy summertime beers.

Almost. We're finishing up our shopping for the last few odds and ends today, then we'll be good. I need to wash a few more outfits as well and reorganize his nursery after getting all those shower gifts.
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • Loading the player...
  • RK125RK125 member

I am 34 weeks today and DD is the size of a honeydew melon. 

Friday is my 34 week appointment. LO is getting the hiccups!  

Usually I'm feeling ok. Just plain tired and sore at his point.

favorite part- all the ice cream I want!  Least favorite - I walk outside and instantly start sweating. It's gross.

Im ready for her to be here. The house is not. Nursery I getting painted today!! My MIL and her bestie  are coming over to help me clean and organize my house. (It's not that bad, but pregnancy has taken so much out of me that the house needs some tidying up).

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

34 weeks!

Not this week.

I am uncomfortable and hurt all over. I am def starting to just be over it!

Fav would be flip flops! Least fav is I'm always so dang hot and sweating, nasty.

We have the nursery cleaned out and painted. Still have several big items to get, but we are getting there!

• imageVG101808:

1. How far along are you this week? Fruit of the week?
    33 weeks, a pineapple I think...

I have an appt Thursday, just a checkup I think

yep, over it! It seems like it hit me like a train..and I still have a ways to go!

I love that I'm not cooped up inside..I'm much more active in the summer and especially with DD it makes me get out...but its so fluckin hot! The heat makes me cranky and more tired!

we are finishing the basement next week, so then we will start on the nursery..gasp...but we have everything and set up the pnp last night and now besides the nursery, its really just getting everything organized!

36 weeks

This Friday is my last appointment until I switch to weekly visits.

Miserable. 

Being pregnant during the summer really doesn't bother me because pregnant or not, it is still hot. I would much rather prefer to be pregnant in the summer than have to bundle my bump in the winter.

imageimageimageimage

36 weeks

Had one yesterday. Got my strep B swab and my first internal exam. My OB says I'm 2.5cm already! I know I can walk around for weeks like this but I am excited for PROGRESS!!

Definitely over it. Everything hurts and I'm so tired all the time. I'm still working too, but I'm definitely wishing I wasn't.

I'm with MommyAmes definitely flip flops! None of my shoes fit my swollen feet and they're so much more comfy!

The house is ready. Most of what's left is stuff for me. I need to buy nursing bras and tanks and pack the hospital bag, stuff like that.
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. How far along are you this week? Fruit of the week? 34 weeks, wow.

2. Any appointments? Milestones? Eh?! I've started to feel really uncomfortable. Does that count? lol

3. How are you feeling? Anyone else "over it" already? See above. Wink

4. What is your favorite and least favorite part of being pregnant during the summer? We have had an unseasonably cooler, wet summer for us so it isn't too bad.

5. Are you ready for LO's arrival? What's left to prep or get ready? I'm going to have to go with no. We have sooo much left to do, seriously! And DH doesn't seem all that concerned... Sad
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

OaD August siggy challenge- fav show that's off the air:

http://media.giphy.com/media/ZzQxOlqIUfHfG/giphy.gif

36 weeks, a honeydew melon

We have our last weekly u/s today! Last time we'll see LO before she arrives in 2 weeks!

I'm very "over it". I'm ready to be physically comfortable!

I don't like summer anyway because I don't like beig hot so it's just amplified by being pregnant. Favorite part though is swimming.

We need to finish washing her clothes and install the car seat in my car. We're also working on a canvas to hang over her crib. It's almost done, just another day or two. Everything else is done!
  • 1. How far along are you this week? Fruit of the week? 34 weeks. butternut squash, I think.

2. Any appointments? Milestones? u/s tomorrow. I'm a little nervous because every time I've had one so far they've given me something to worry about (no nasal bone at 12 weeks, extra vein in the umbilical cord at 18 weeks)

3. How are you feeling? Anyone else "over it" already? I feel enormous, uncomfortable and just super tired all the time.

4. What is your favorite and least favorite part of being pregnant during the summer? My favorite part of summer pregnancy is walks at night and swimming. My least favorite part is walking home from work in the heat.

5. Are you ready for LO's arrival? What's left to prep or get ready?Just a few finishing touches for the nursery. We're going to pack the hospital bag and put the car seat in the car next week so we'll be ready to go :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

34 weeks today! Butternut squash

Appointment on Thursday, growth scan next week. I was reading the Bump's 34 week thing, and I read that baby can recognize songs. I feel like a terrible mother for not singing to my unborn child. 

Not yet, at this point I'm really glad I still "have" 6 weeks left (although I know I could go early..). The nursery is ready, the car seat is in the car, bag packed.. but I'm not mentally ready yet. I'm hoping that comes in the next few weeks... but maybe it won't since I'm a FTM and as much as you can read and talk about pregnancy and babies all you want...I know it's an entirely different world when it's yours and they're finally here! 

Favourite - flip flops and other slip on shoes, not worrying about slipping on ice (Canadian), not needing to buy a gigantic winter jacket, swimming...

Least favourite - the heat. Although.. I'm pretty sure I complain about it every year, pregnant or not. 

I jumped the gun and answered in #3 above. The only thing left to "prep" is ME! 

• imageV&G101808:
    Happy Tuesday, Tuesday Mommas! 1. How far along are you this week? Fruit of the week?

35 weeks

Had a check-up yesterday, and now we begin our weekly appointments. yikes!

Acid reflux has started this past week, but it's tolerable. I can't really complain a whole lot otherwise.... knock on wood. Little man/my belly is measuring right on track.

I haven't minded being pregnant this summer. I enjoy the heat so much more than the cold!

Mentally, I'm ready. We do still need a few essentials like the mattress, bottles, and an extra car seat base. On our To-Do list for this weekend!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • MMS88MMS88 member
    1. How far along are you this week? Fruit of the week? 34 weeks

2. Any appointments? Milestones? Appointment next week, then on to weekly appointments

3. How are you feeling? Anyone else "over it" already? Ready for the end lol I don't like to complain because others have it worse. DD movement is very painful now and even makes me nauseous from time to time. Now if DS would sttn so mama could get decent sleep that would be great.

4. What is your favorite and least favorite part of being pregnant during the summer? Favorite: excuse to eat ice cream as much as I want. Least: sweating 10x worse than before Ick I stink by mid afternoon

5. Are you ready for LO's arrival? What's left to prep or get ready? I think I'm ready lol. Have DS and the dog arranged for when we are in hospital. Prep left is installing car seat base, pack hospital bag and decluttering the nursery again lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  •  1. How far along are you this week? Fruit of the week?

35 weeks (that was scary to type)

growth scan appt tomorrow bc baby girl has been measuring behind in fundal height.

I feel ok in general. After having HG I feel like everything else is a piece of cake (mm..cake).  However, I am over it. I want her to keep baking but I am done being pregnant. This is my last pregnancy and Im glad to have been able to do it twice but I am  done done done.

favorite is all of the fresh fruit, sno cones, funnel cake at fairs, wearing flip flops and maxi dresses, etc.  Least favorite is just the heat and feeling extra swollen some days

I have all of the "stuff" needed. I need to prep most of it still. The crib is in the box in the garage, the clothes are only half washed and not organized, etc.  I plan to get this all done soon but as a BTDT I am procrastinating because I know all she really needs for awhile are diapers, a place to sleep, a few onesies and food.

36 weeks, not sure of the fruit

This Saturday I have one, weekly from here on out.

Very uncomfortable. I feel like I need help doing anything including running after DS. I just want to be comfortable again!

With DS I was pregnant in the summer but much smaller as he was born in December. I felt much more free then and able to do and participate in things. Now I just feel big and like I can't do much besides sit down. I'm just too hot.

We have to get diapers and bottles. Other than that we are pretty much ready.

34 weeks, butternut squash

Regular OB appointment tomorrow. This will be my first time meeting with the actual OB, I've been seeing the nurse practitioner my whole pregnancy, however she doesn't actually deliver, so I'm seeing the OB's in the practice from here on out.

So ocer it! LO has been in my ribs for the last few days. Very painful, I wonder if its possible for him to break a rib from the inside, lol... It sure feels like he could!

Favorite is I can wear flip flops everyday! I'm a summer baby so I'm excited for our LO to be a summer baby too.

Least favorite is commuting to work in the heat and humidity! I take public transportation and the NYC subway is miserable in this heat.

Not ready at all! We are in the middle of a move from a 1 bedroom apartment to our first townhouse. I haven't had my shower yet so I have nothing! It's a little frustrating and I'm having some anxiety but trying to remain calm, I know it will all be fine and all work itself out in the end.

•  1. How far along are you this week? Fruit of the week?

35 weeks!!!

U/s next week. The first one since March.

I feel ok. Yes I'm over it? Trying to enjoy it since I know this is our last pregnancy, but there's really not that much to enjoy. Excited and ready to get the next part. 

Summer maternity clothes are definitely easier than winter ones! Thankfully, I've had no swelling so that's not really an issue, but it does get pretty hot.

Pretty much. There's not a lot to do when it's the second baby, & it's the same gender. We have the nursery ready, the clothes washed and in the drawers, and I think we have a car seat in the garage. :)

36 weeks, baby is the size of a honeydew melon.

Yep, just getting back from my appt. First internal check - little progress (which is good, he still needs to cook). 1/2 cm & 40% effaced. Gives me peace of mind since I'm traveling out of town this weekend.

I feel "good" but I'm over it already... The swelling is starting to get uncomfortable and my waddle is severe. Throw in the increased SPD pain, and things are just lovelyyyyyyyy.

Favorite: Icecream!! But I live in Florida and we eat icecream during the winter since it's always hot. Oh- and the beach :)

Least Favorite: The swelling thanks to the heat. Going outside and actually doing something makes me miserable. I'm used to the heat, but hot & pregnant - no thanks.

We just have little things to prepare. I need to buy a bottle spinner/dryer and I'm ordering some photo props for his newborn pix. But for all the big major stuff, we're pretty set to go!

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• 1. How far along are you this week? Fruit of the week? 36 weeks! Baby is the size of a honeydew :)

2. Any appointments? Milestones? Going weekly to appointments now...can't wait to see if there is any progress(dilated, etc)

3. How are you feeling? Anyone else "over it" already? Feeling large..and tired. I'm semi over it, although I know I'll miss the kicking feelings and other things about being pregnant, but I also cannot WAIT to meet her. 

4. What is your favorite and least favorite part of being pregnant during the summer? I honestly don't mind the heat because we have central air, but I guess my biggest "problem" is just what to wear. I'm getting to a stage where I'm just not comfortable, and I don't feel like anything looks right..plus trying to dress for the weather isn't the easiest. Small short shorts are just not comfortable this far along...

5. Are you ready for LO's arrival? What's left to prep or get ready? I still need to get my bag packed(although I do have pretty much everything I need for it, I just need to get it in one place)..and we still need a few more things(more bedding, and bottles...but my work is throwing me a shower this week, so we are going to wait until the weekend to finish with everything else we need)!! So excited!
    Married since 10-2-2010!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. How far along are you this week? Fruit of the week? 34 weeks, Butternut Squash

2. Any appointments? Milestones? Have a regular check up on Thursday. And my baby shower is on Saturday if it doesn't get stormed/rained out.

3. How are you feeling? Anyone else "over it" already? Feeling tired and I definitely caught my nephew's cold.... ugh  :(

4. What is your favorite and least favorite part of being pregnant during the summer? Favorite is I can wear shorts/dresses/sandals all of the time.  Least favorite - trying to walk around outside in South Florida is like being in a sauna all of the time.

5. Are you ready for LO's arrival? What's left to prep or get ready? I'm not ready yet. We still have a good bit of prep work to do on the nursery, but I keep being told, it's not a big deal if the nursery isn't done yet since the baby probably won't sleep there for a while anyways...Plus at 34 weeks, he still needs to "cook" some more.

BabyFruit Ticker

33 weeks, which makes him a durian?  I think the Bump is stretching for their fruit comparison this week

Nothing new to report.  I think they start doing vaginal exams at next week's appointment.  I'm a bit wary to have them done every appointment, but I think the first one seems like a good idea, if only to have a baseline.

I'm not "over it" yet, but I'm definitely feeling it more.  I'm like a big groany cow on the couch in the evenings.  I just cannot find a position that feels comfortable for more than 5 minutes.  At work, LO is doing a good job of making me constantly uncomfortable.  Best of all, this morning, as soon as I finished eating breakfast, LO decided to use my stomach as a trampoline, sending everything violently back up.  Blech.

I love that it stays light late and gets light early.  I feel like I get to have so much time to enjoy with DH.  

I hate that I don't feel up to doing many of the fun outdoors stuff that we normally do on summer weekends.  

There is so much we don't have.  My in-laws are throwing me a shower on August 3rd and my coworkers are doing a lunch the following week, so I feel like we shouldn't go buy the stuff off our registry yet.  But the closer it gets to August, the more nervous I feel.  DH keeps reminding me that we have all the major stuff and that Amazon can deliver the rest of it very quickly.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"