February 2013 Moms

Formula mommas come in!

So when ds was born he was on similac advanced. Now he's on the similac fussiness and gas. Well lately he's been puking like every time he eats. The doctor says its normal but I don't since it so much when he does. Do you think switching him to soy will help?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Formula mommas come in!

• How long has it been going on? If it has only been a few days, I wouldn't do anything about it yet and see if it goes back to normal. I tend to take massive spit-ups in stride, though, because DD1 would projectile vomit her whole bottle (3oz) at least once a day when she was an infant. We soaked 10+ burp clothes / day.

I say if you feel like your pedi really understands how much he's spitting up (mine didn't), and still says it's ok, then I wouldn't switch.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• jd614jd614 member
    I'm actually going thru the same thing . DS has been on enfamil gentlease since 11 weeks but the last week he has been spitting up significantly more. My pedi says its fine since he's so big. He said spit up peaks around 4 mos and will get worse before t gets better as he gets more active . I'm going to stick it out a bit longer before calling and asking to make a switch .
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't switch without talking to your doc again first. When did you switch from the advanced? Could that be the issue? As Kelly said, does your doc understand how much it is?

FWIW DD is on soy formula, and she still spits up. She's a happy spitter. It doesn't bother her; it's just what she does. Does it bother your LO at all?
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • tdmd09tdmd09 member
    Soy isn't going to keep your baby from spitting up. How recently did you switch formulas? Has anything else changed? It could be totally normal, like others said, because spitting up peaks around 4 months.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
  • We switched from advanced when he was about 1 month. And it's every bottle probably for a couple weeks. The doctor gave me a small sample of similac spit up so were gonna try and see how that goes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"