December 2012 Moms

Judging a child by their name

https://www.collegehumor.com/embed/6901139/terrible-woman-judges-kids-by-their-names

I find this ridiculous, and to be honestly quite offensive and sweepingly discriminatory on a child, just because of a name. 

Let me hear your opinion! 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
image  image

Re: Judging a child by their name

• What the! I can't believe a woman would do that! That is just ridiculous and horrible.
  • imagesnoopycac:
    What the! I can't believe a woman would do that! That is just ridiculous and horrible.

I know, it's crazy someone actually thinks like that. Sorry I wasn't sophisticated enough to name my children Maximillion, Poppy and India. Ha.

image  image
  • Loading the player...
  • I judge parents who name their kids stupid names. It's not the kids' fault the parents are weird.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • All I can think about is North West.

image  image
  • imageNana_Osaki06:
    I judge parents who name their kids stupid names. It's not the kids' fault the parents are weird.

And you. You are hilarious. I was lurking on 1st tri, because I'm cool like that, and I literally woke my child I laughed so hard at some of the things you said to the weed smoker.

Day=made ***skips off***

image  image
  • Yes, North West. Poor kid! This woman is wacko and her kid might have a wonderful upper class name but I bet they turn out to be totally wacko bc their mom is so judgmental! 

'I loved you for a thousand years and I will love you for a thousand more'

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I liked how she said she didn't like names named after places and her kid's name is India. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Why is she picking on Tylers? I had several Tylers in my classes and they were always good kids. Now Evans and Justins on the other hand.....j/k ;) This woman is a piece of work!
  • jac409jac409 member

imageNana_Osaki06:
    I judge parents who name their kids stupid names. It's not the kids' fault the parents are weird.

Definitely! 

• imageNana_Osaki06:

Word. I feel as though it's our responsibility to name our children non-ridiculous names. Blu? Jet? Apple? North? Yeah. Ridiculousness. 

I can sort of see where this woman is coming from. Yes, she takes it to a mega extreme that isn't fair to the poor kids, but I mean, if you are a parent calling out to your child named LaFawnduh, you can sort of guess what kind of rearing the child has had and how they're going to behave. I do not advocate limiting your child's friends based on their assumed social status and assumed behavior though. You have to go on actual experience. I think this biitch be cray cray.  

EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • imagerjeller32:

imageNana_Osaki06:

And you. You are hilarious. I was lurking on 1st tri, because I'm cool like that, and I literally woke my child I laughed so hard at some of the things you said to the weed smoker.

Day=made ***skips off***

Off to visit 1st tri...

DS has a girl in his class named Just.ys. I tried not to judge, but when I met the mom, I knew I was right. She was wearing leopard print leggings, an off the shoulder purple and black shirt, and a Victoria's Secret bra. She was also about 5ft3in and a size 16. I'm a size 16 and would never ever ever. DS says the little girl is nice, but he doesn't play with her.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • I could see certain situations where it could be much harder for someone with a less traditional name.  Take for example, someone was on trial for a crime and was hiring a defense attorney.  Would you prefer to have Michael Smith representing you or North/Apple/Just.ys/Keke/etc. Smith? 

Honestly, I feel bad for the kids that are given unusual names, and just hope that they have a middle name that they could use if they choose and uber conservative/professional career, and wanted to.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• CellisCellis member

imageNana_Osaki06:

Same 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • imageNana_Osaki06:

Agree. I ran into a couple just this past weekend who named their children some interesting names and I just shook my head.  

Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• imageminervacullen:
    imagerjeller32:

imageNana_Osaki06:

Day=made ***skips off***

Off to visit 1st tri... DS has a girl in his class named Just.ys. I tried not to judge, but when I met the mom, I knew I was right. She was wearing leopard print leggings, an off the shoulder purple and black shirt, and a Victoria's Secret bra. She was also about 5ft3in and a size 16. I'm a size 16 and would never ever ever. DS says the little girl is nice, but he doesn't play with her.

Do I judge kids with goofy names? No. Do I judge their parents for naming them so? Yes. I had a kid in my program whose name was Sir Tyler...not just Tyler...Sir Tyler. We couldn't even shorten it either! Mom always called him Sir Tyler. Give your kid a chance! 

My goofy little love. I love you Alexandra Marie.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"