Parenting after a Loss

XP: Does anyone have pretty septum stories???

Hi ladies!I'm Pink. I hang out over on TTCAL mostly.

I was just wondering if anyone could share their experiences with a septum with me?

After our second loss, a subseptate was visualized and I'm looking at have a septum resection after 2 normal AFs.

Has anyone had one removed and gone on to have a successful pregnancy?

The septum came as a real shock since I was already diagnosed with IC after losing my first set of twins at 21 weeks. At this point I'm pretty terrified of TTC again even if the septum is removed because I don't think I can handle another loss.

just wondering if there are any encouraging stories out there..

xoxoxoxo

Re: XP: Does anyone have pretty septum stories???

• imageMichbot12:

Hi Pink!  I had a septate uterus.  When I had my m/c last March, it was noticed during my D&C that I had a septum.  It ended up being nearly complete, meaning my uterus was divided in two.  It was removed in late April by an RE with just a small "notch" remaining as not to weaken my uterine wall too much.  I got pregnant with my rainbow the first cycle after being cleared to TTC again.  DD was induced 3 weeks early due to IUGR, which may or may not have been due to the septum.  It was possible that the small notch at the top restricted my uterus from stretching like it should.  DD was born small but healthy and spent only 6 days in the special care nursery before we brought her home.  I highly recommend the surgery and feel that I would have never had a successful pregnancy if I had not chosen to have it done.  

If you have any questions at all about the surgery or my experience, please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.  I am so sorry you are going through this and I know how scary it can be to find out there is something wrong.  I know I reached out a lot when deciding whether to have the surgery for success stories and didn't find a lot, but hopefully mine can help you in making a decision.

Thank you so so much for your response. I really appreciate it. You are awesome!! Big Smile

• My septum was discovered after 3 losses. Mine was fairly small and was probably a contributor somewhat to my losses along with my clotting disorders. It was resected in Aug 2010 and I had my DD Dec 2011 with no complications throughout and with delivery. I'm pg again and will most likely deliver at the end of next week. Everything has gone well so far this time also.

Just wanted to say good luck to you and I hope having it removed brings your success story too! (((Hugs)))

TTC Since Oct 08 BFP #1- 1/23/09, missed m/c 2/26/09 BFP #2- 9/8/09, natural m/c 9/16/09 BFP #3- 4/13/10, missed m/c 5/26/10 BFP #4- 4/6/11 beta#1 at 12dpo-133 prog-55.7, beta#2 at 16dpo- 861 DD born 12/8/2011 BFP#5- 11/23/12 EDD 7/25/13 Dx- Uterine septum (removed Aug 2010), endo, MTHFR C677t hetero, Factor II hetero, Low Protein S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi Pink,

I'm so sorry you're faced with this news. I know how scary and upsetting it is, I can totally relate as I was diagnosed with a broad based septum last sept through an HSG.Did you have an hsg or MRI?

I never did get the surgery as I got my third bfp before i received the septum dx and miraculously i just gave birth to my rainbow 12 days ago!

My RE always encouraged us to keep trying during the RPL testing as he always contributed my losses to bad luck so when we received the news that i had an abnormal uterus, my RE and DH and I were shocked!!

We were given a 10 percent chance that this bfp would work out so our little one is truly a miracle! My OB will be sending me for an MRI in a few months to check on the septum and I'll most likely get the surgery as we do want another baby one day. Chances of a successful pregnancy jump from 10 to 80 percent after reserection and I don't know if we'll be so fortunate next time beating the odds with no surgery. I just can't imagine going through multiple losses again so although the surgery is no guarantee , I feel it's the best route for us.

Anyway thats my story, not sure if I helped but please reach out to me anytime if you need to chat about your situation. You are not alone and we are here for u hun!! Good luck with your next steps and huge hugs!!!

Xox

BFP#1 D&C May 18th 2012 at 9 wks. EDD Dec 17 2012
    BFP#2 CP Sept 17th 2012 at 4.5 wks. EDD May 23 2013
    BFP#3 EDD June 24th 2013 IT'S A GIRL!
    BFP#4 EDD March 2 2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"