Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Meal ideas for 14 month old

Hi Ladies,

My LO is a bit picky with meal time. Any ideas to increase her iron & protein? TIA!

Re: Meal ideas for 14 month old

• I still give the baby oatmeal and mixed grain cereal with real fruit at breakfast since DS is picky about his meats. Its a great iron source and suggested until 18 months for more picky eaters. Also greek yogurt and ravioli cheese and meat. Finally got DS loving pasta. Its been a life and meal saver! Goid luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I still give the baby oatmeal and mixed grain cereal with real fruit at breakfast since DS is picky about his meats. Its a great iron source and suggested until 18 months for more picky eaters. Also greek yogurt and ravioli cheese and meat. Finally got DS loving pasta. Its been a life and meal saver! Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • DS is a picky about meats sometimes so we do greek yogurt, cheese, boiled egg, peanut butter, cottage cheese, and beans.  As far as iron we do instant plain oatmeal and add fresh fruit usually blueberries. Also cream of wheat and add cheese or scrambled egg in it.     

• This was the age I began not worrying as much... I would offer her what we ate and possibly one more easier for her to eat food, a "winner" if you will. Then, if she didn't eat it, she was done. she would get to eat next time. She appears picky at times but it has more to do with control than anything. By giving her several 3 or 4 choices at each meal, she can choose to eat it or not. And the meals she doesn't eat much at, she eats a lot the next one and it balances.
    eliza bopple
    Eliza born 1-25-12
    Baby 2 EDD 7-18-14
  • I don't think u really need to worry about that. As long as they are getting milk at that age. 
  • As far as protein, when my guy went through his "no meat" phase we did a lot of beans, lentils, quinoa, eggs, tofu, and cheese for protein. Even now that he's back to eating chicken, beef, pork he still loves those vegetarian options. I think some of them like beans and lentils might work for iron too.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DD LOVES beans.  She also loves hummus.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"