Breastfeeding

Sex while breastfeeding

How do you combat the dryness down there. Obviously you can use lubricant but does it get better? 5wks pp here

tHanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sex while breastfeeding

• IMO you're still pretty early to be having sex to begin with, but with my first I literally couldn't imagine wanting to have sex for quite a few weeks.  We had to use lubricant the entire time I nursed.
  • The first few times we had sex, it really hurt, even with a lot of lube. (And I had a c-section, so the pain definitely wasn't due to any vaginal trauma.) It got better after about 4-5 times, I think, but we continued using lube because I was still pretty dry.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMMMiller:
    IMO you're still pretty early to be having sex to begin with, but with my first I literally couldn't imagine wanting to have sex for quite a few weeks.  We had to use lubricant the entire time I nursed.

Eh, my discharge instructions stated I could resume sex once the bright red bleeding had stopped, which it did at 2wks pp. DH and I resumed sex at 3 weeks pp. I needed to use lubricant for the first couple of months after baby, but I'm pretty sure by 3mos pp I didn't need it.

• It took a few months for me. 
  • It took 9 months for sex to feel comfortable/good again (and that was with lube) and just when it was feeling good DH deployed. Hopefully we won't have any issues when he gets back... 

Side note: I'm amazed you're even in the mood for sex at 5 weeks pp! 

And plus also, you're only 5 weeks pp! Give your body time to heal. I will feel less dry in time, but until then lube will be your bff. 
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • cltk12cltk12 member
    imagejess9802:

imageMMMiller:
    IMO you're still pretty early to be having sex to begin with, but with my first I literally couldn't imagine wanting to have sex for quite a few weeks.  We had to use lubricant the entire time I nursed.

Eh, my discharge instructions stated I could resume sex once the bright red bleeding had stopped, which it did at 2wks pp. DH and I resumed sex at 3 weeks pp. I needed to use lubricant for the first couple of months after baby, but I'm pretty sure by 3mos pp I didn't need it.

I thought it was pretty standard for 6 weeks pp to resume sex to lessen chance of infection. I had a c section and we didn't have sex for quite awhile. I had no sex drive and still really don't. We use LOTS of lube and the first 5 or so times.
  • imagecltk12:
    imagejess9802:

imageMMMiller:

I thought it was pretty standard for 6 weeks pp to resume sex to lessen chance of infection.

I thought so too, but like I said the discharge instructions my OB's practice gives all their patients at the hospital specifically stated that patients can resume intercourse as soon as the bright red bleeding has stopped and they feel comfortable proceeding. There was no set time to wait. My OB didn't even examine me at my six week postpartum check.

As I understand it by the time the bleeding has stopped the cervix is closed and the uterus has healed, so the chance of infection is pretty minimal.

• Yea I've always been told or heard to wait 6 weeks pp.
  • leasajleasaj member
    imageCrash Into Me:
    I would have been fine without sex for the first six months, I was certainly not ready to rush into it. Anyway, use lots of lube.

I'm 12 wks PP still haven't had sex. Partly due to LO being in room partly due to lack of interest. I know I need to do something about it....hubby has been very patient.
  • I still had light bleeding at 10 weeks after my son, and didn't attempt sex for a couple of weeks after that--and it was unpleasant lol.
  • Dryness has gotten better only now that AF has returned, 8 months out.  Still using lube though, which we never used pre-pregnancy. 
    DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"