Baby Names

Thoughts on Brooks and MN help

My DH and I have decided on the name Brooks for a boy.  But I sometimes worry that it may be a little too uncommon as most people I tell say they have never heard the name. What are your thoughts on the name? 

Also, we are very undecided on a middle name and we only have 3 weeks to go.  We've thrown around Brooks Matthew, Brooks Patrick, and Brooks Nicholas (family name).  Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Thoughts on Brooks and MN help

• I have actually had two camp counselors and a guy friend in Ms with the name brooks. I think it's great!

December Siggy Challenge: Love Actually

Married DH: April 21 2012 // Expecting our first: Jan 20 2014
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• I like the name but it does sound much more like a last name than a first name which can be offputting. Of those 3 I would chose Brooks Matthew.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I really love Brooks! It'd be on my list but with our last name it  comes out a little bit too hippie/nature for my taste.

I taught a Brooks. It's also the name of an exboyfriend of mine. Which actually doesn't taint the name at all. He's was the nicest guy ever. Still is in fact.

• Our DS1 is Brooks mn Earl for DHs dad brother and uncle. We love his name and it suits him perfectly. We get compliments on his name all the time and we love that he will be the only Brooks in a class of Aden's. I vote for Brooks Nicholas
  • I don't mind it. A friend of mine is dating a guy Benjamin Brooks Lastname. I don't know anyone with it in the first name spot.
  • I think it's a good name.  Uncommon, but legit.  I like Brooks Nicholas the best from your list.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• I also love Brooks. I like that its uncommon, but goes well with most names. Brooks Matthew is my favorite of your list though.
  • MarseeMarsee member
    Love love love it! It was in our top five. IIRC, DH liked it, but didn't love it so it got nixed. I also love Brooks Patrick; good choice!
    imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really like it and I would use Matthew with it.
  • I have honestly only heard of Brooks on the bump!  I think you can't really go wrong with any of those middle names, but I like Matthew the best.
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • I like Brooks Matthew
  • I don't think it's uncommon at all. I just think it's a little too close to Brooke so I would worry people would read it that way. Anyway, I like Brooks Matthew.

• mmb248mmb248 member
    I love Brooks! For a mn I like Matthew.
    imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
  • I love the name Brooks. We strongly considered it for #3.  One complaint it sometimes gets on here is that it sounds either preppy or rednecky (haha), which are two opposite interpretations I guess. I like using middle names with family significance.
  • DS1's MN is Brooks. Clearly, I like it!! Brooks Jeremiah
    Brooks Leonardo
    Brooks Jonathan
    Brooks Howard
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I love brooks! Brooks Matthew is adorable.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • I can't be the only one who thinks of the real housewives...

Matthew is my fav MN of the three. 

• It's my maiden name, so it's more of a stretch for me to imagine it as a first name.  I've considered it as a MN though. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"