Nurseries and Baby Gear

Toddler Bed Question

I know that I am putting my cart way before my horse seeing as I am only 9 weeks pregnant but I am really excited to start planning baby number two's room.

I love, love a particular crib but want to make sure that this time around we purchase a crib that converts to a toddler bed. We didn't do so with DS's crib and I wish we had because the furniture pieces I love are not cheap. 

My only problems is that judging from the picture, it doesn't look like you could put a toddler bed rail on the side once the crib is converted to a toddler bed. 

Has anyone had or seen a toddler bed like this and seen it used with a rail? Do you think a rail would fit on the side of this bed? There aren't any locations for this store near where I live so I can't see it in person. 

Here is the bed converted:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Toddler Bed Question

• It doesn't look like a regular bed rail would work, but there are half bed rails made for the elderly  that might (search half bed rail on amazon).  The other option I imagine is to nail a piece of wood across the front, but that would then leave holes when taken off.  It is a lovely crib.
  • imagestrawberrymom2:
    It doesn't look like a regular bed rail would work, but there are half bed rails made for the elderly  that might (search half bed rail on amazon).  The other option I imagine is to nail a piece of wood across the front, but that would then leave holes when taken off.  It is a lovely crib.

That is a good idea! Thank you!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've seen a trend in that a lot of the cribs that transition to toddler beds simply remove the front panel. I actually think it is pretty smart. The crib on the lowest setting is pretty low so a roll out of bed wont hurt them and would help the transition to a big kid bed without sides.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I don't think you'd need a bed rail with that toddler bed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't think you'd need a rail either with that bed.  I've also seen people who put a pool noodle under the sheet to prevent their child from rolling over the side - just an idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"