Secondary IF

***2IF Weekly Update***

The drought continues!  Ugh!  I think this is the longest drought without a bfp since I started on this board, back in January.  I hope someone changes our luck this week!

Please help everyone remember your situation with a brief history, and then your current situation.  Traffic seems to be a little light on 2IF lately.  I hope everyone will come out and play this week! 

QOTW:  Are you a girlie girl or a tomboy, or somewhere in between?

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
Baby is due 4/26/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: ***2IF Weekly Update***

• DH and I have been trying since we got married in December 2010.  DS is from a previous marriage.  Three losses ttc#2, no right tube anymore. 

I turned 42 today, and DH turned 46 (we have the same birthday).  Yuck.  So tired of the two REs reminding me of my age, and basically telling me I'm a lost cause unless we do IVF or adoption, which we really can't afford.  I have had a small cyst on my left ovary that they suspect is endometriosis, but they won't recommend lap to check for endo scarring/blockages because they tell me, at my age, it isn't worth losing 3-4 months.  They finally ran an AMH test (you'd think they would have done that first thing, huh?), and it was surprisingly high for my age (1.73), which was encouraging in some ways, but also sad because I have eggs and they can't seem to make it to my left tube, which makes DH and I think is maybe because of endo.  And the two REs don't seem to give a s**t that I have plenty of eggs and yet something is keeping us from conceiving.  Both REs are arrogant jerks, yet we have an HMO so we are stuck with them. I am so depressed and frustrated.

QOTW:   I am definitely more of a tomboy!  I love baseball, football, and hockey, and we always have the Rockies and Broncos on tv when they are playing.  And I love to camp and hike.  I do love pedicures though!

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Baby is due 4/26/14

BabyFruit Ticker

• Trying: first, happy birthday! I'm so sorry you are dealing with such insensitive RE's. That must be so frustrating. I really hope that things work out in your favor.

As for me, after a 2 month forced break, we are finally at the beginning of our IUI cycle. Had 17 follicles for my day 3 ultrasound (the most I've ever had!), so RE was pretty happy to see that. Started Follistim on Friday. It's been pretty painless. I go back for another ultrasound on Wednesday to see how my body is responding to the dosage. I am cautiously optimistic about this whole thing. Super nervous and anticipating disappointment, but trying to start visualizing a positive outcome. After nearly 2 years of negative pregnancy tests, I've started to lose sight of seeing a bfp.

QOTW: I think I'm somewhere in the middle, but maybe a bit more to the girly side. :)  I'm not high maintenance (at least I don't think I am, haha), but I love shopping, getting my nails done,  buying shoes, etc. On the other hand, I love sports and being outside. 

DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

• Loading the player...
  • KC1212KC1212 member
    Hi ladies!

Me: 27
    DH: 33

ttc for 4 yrs before success with DS
    Diagnosis is MF Inferility

we are on our very first cycle trying ttc 2

I'm 3DPO right now. the 2ww stinks.

I am more of a girly girl. I love getting my hair done, pedicures, etc. I don't mind outdoors stuff as long as I can go home to a warm shower and a real bathroom at the end of the day.

No camping for me! Lol.

I don't really like sports. I'm okay if we go to a game or something but I find it boring on tv.

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• We've been TTCing baby 2 for 12 cycles. I had a m/c in February and c/p in May. Transitioning doctors so doing it on our on this month. I'm 33 and SO is 29.

I have Lupus, PCOS, endometriosis and low progesterone. SO has low motility.

I have a 6 yr old DD who was conceived on Clomid after 2 1/2 years of TTCing. I've had 4 m/c total, one c/p and my DD had a twin that we lost right before my second trimester. All over the last almost 8 years.

No update really, just waiting to test this weekend.

QOTW: I'm both. A little more tomboy. I love to fish, hunt, ride four wheelers and get muddy but I also like to get dressed up from time to time too. I love makeup, any bath and body stuff, shoes and hair products. I also like comfy clothes, tattoos and camo.
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Sorry in advance for any lack of symbols, I'm mobile bumping. We've been TTC2 for 3 yrs, working with an RE since last October. Took us 2 years and 3 iui's to conceive DS who is now 4 yrs. I had a hysteroscopy in april for a polyp and I have a short luteal phase if I'm not on progesterone support. Currently 9dpiui number 5. Trying to keep myself away from the tests in my bathroom for a few more days! This cycle we did gonal f, ovidrel, iui.

I am definitely somewhere in the middle. I love sports, camping, etc. I enjoy getting dressed up occasionally. I put a skirt on about a year ago and my son asked what it was called, lol! But I enjoy crafts, sewing, and shopping too!
    Me: 33 DH: 36 Unexplained IF
    First pregnancy - DS 01-Apr-09;
    3rd cycle Clomid/IUI after 2 years TTC
    TTC #2 since ~June 2010
    IUI #1 & 2 - Clomid/IUI - BFN
    IUI #3 &4 - Gonal-F/Ovidrel and IUI -- BFN
    IUI #5 - Gonal-F/Ovidrel and IUI -- BFP!!
    EDD: March 22, 2013
    It's triplets!!

• Almost 2 years ttc3, DH and I are both 29, both DDs easily conceived in 2 months of trying. We are unexplained, but I would call it more I am hormonally imbalanced with weak ovulation. 2dpiui of our last iui before stepping away for awhile. Wanting it to go quickly so we can either be excited, or relieved to be done for awhile.
    QOTW: definitely a tomboy growing up, but now a mixture. I love sports and being outside, but appreciate a cute dress and heels!

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• imageMJC1116:

Trying: first, happy birthday! I'm so sorry you are dealing with such insensitive RE's. That must be so frustrating. I really hope that things work out in your favor.  

Thank you!  The birthday ended up being a nice, mellow day!

Baby is due 4/26/14

BabyFruit Ticker

• TTC #2 since August 2010. Won't do assisted reproduction because of DS's autism diagnosis (can't bear the thought of spending that much money to give another child such a difficult life). Had a lap which showed that I had like, trace endometriosis. Literally two spots and a couple of tiny cysts on right ovary. Cycle pain didn't go away after lap, so I started thinking about other options.

I then found out that gluten intolerance can be associated with unexplained infertility, inflammation, and endo, and that gluten intolerant/celiac moms who eat gluten during pregnancy, they may have a higher chance of having a child with autism. I have a family history of celiac disesase. So I ditched the gluten at the beginning of this month. I already feel great, but we'll see if it has an effect on my fertility. I am not holding my breath- this is literally the last thing I can control to even remotely change my chances of having another baby. I am grasping at straws and thinking about adoption, but haven't had a serious adoption discussion with DH because I'm not quite ready to have that discussion yet.

QOTW: I don't know- I was definitely a tomboy as a kid, but I become girlier and girlier as I get older. 

• Sorry for the late response, but first, happy birthday!  Mine was on the 2nd.  I just turned 35.  July birthdays are the best!

TTC #2 for 18 cycles, conceived DS after 8 cycles with no interventions.  So far, no explanation.  HSG normal, SA normal, I'm hypothyroid but medicated.  Three rounds of Clomid are under our belt.  First RE appointment next Thursday the 18th (eek). 

QOTW:  Definitely tomboy.  Even if I wanted to be a girlie girl, I wouldn't know how.  I don't know fashion, and my makeup skills consist of mascara and chapstick.  And I love sports and the outdoors.  My husband does the grocery shopping and cooking, and I do the yard work.  We've definitely flipped gender roles! 

TTC #2 since 1/2012

• I haven't been on over the last 6 weeks ago since we took last month off. It was so nice to have a break and the relaxed approach has continued this month. I'm 35 DH is 32. We have a 4 yo DS. I'm am healthy and no issues the dealing with bacterial vaginosis for the last 9 months and recently got it all cleared up. DH has .5 morphology but great other numbers. We are trying the natural way for a couple of cycles since my BV cleared up and it was something I've had since we started TTC last year. If that doesn't work we are set to start IUI.

I am very much a tomboy. I dislike dressed and heals shopping, pink. I love hockey, cars, wearing pants. However I love getting my nails done, massages and getting pampered.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"