February 2013 Moms

NT Sleep

What's your LO's NT sleep look like? DD is 5 months 1 week and still getting up 2X a night. I am considering a little sleep training in the next few weeks.

Wondering how old your LO is and what your nights are like.

Thanks girls!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NT Sleep

• DD usually gets up two or more times. Last night, for example, she went down at 9, woke at 12, woke at 3, woke at 6, was up for the day at 8:45.  The 3 feeding is a sometimes thing.
  • Runt is down around 830-9 pm and sleeps straight through til between 530-730 :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DS will be 5 months on Thursday. Our nights have been a little all over the place since he's been rolling and then army crawling in his sleep. Generally, he will wake at 4ish and need to be repositioned because he started to crawl and reaches the front of the crib. He'll then sleep another hour or so and feed between 5-5:30. He'll go back to sleep for another hour or so afterwards. So he sorta STTN!

(Oh and his bedtime is 7-7:30!) 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• DD will be five months on Wednesday. Lately she's been going down around 9 or 10 and sleeping 6 or 7 hours, eating, and going back down for another 2 or 3 hours. But sometimes she does wake up twice to eat, particularly if she ends up going to bed earlier than 9. Based on what I've read, I'd say it's normal for babies, especially breastfed ones, to still wake up once or twice at night at this age. If your DD is waking up because she's hungry, as opposed to just waking up and not brin able to put herself back to sleep, I wouldn't worry about sleep training just yet.

• We were doing great waking at about 5 until we hit 4 months 1 week. Now dd gets up 2 to 3 times a night. She starts to nurse at 8 or 9 wakes by 2 then again be 5. Sometimes she throws in an extra feeding. It is getting hard. She was waking be 6. I have gotten 7 out of her the past 2 mornings because she has been in the bed with us. Oh she is 20 weeks.
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • Mine is 20 weeks and he goes down about 830-930 and gets up at 6 am but sleeps thru
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • DD is just one day older than yours and she wakes up once usually around 5.  Sometimes she sleeps right through until 6:30 or 7.  Then she naps about an hour later.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • He'll be five months on Saturday and sleeps 1214 hours straight, no wake ups.
  • E is 22 weeks old today and he goes to bed between 8 and 8:30ish. He'll do a dream feed at midnight and then wake up around 6 to eat again and then go back down for another 2-3 hours usually. 

imageimage

Anniversary

• J is asleep by 8:30p and wakes sometime between 6 and 8:30a. 

This isn't what you asked but I highly recommend reading the blog Troublesome Tots. She has  Baby Sleep Guides for each age group for the first 12 months and she's spot on. She gives simple goals with each age group and talks about when CIO may be needed and when it's not.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • She usually is asleep by 9:30 or so and wakes once around 5:30 and sleeps til 8:30 or so. We have the occasional rough night though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Bedtime at 6:30, one or two wakings to nurse (usually seems quite hungry) and morning wake up at 6:30.

The good nights she sleeps from 6:30-3/4, then back to sleep il 7.

Last night she slept from 7-11, 11:30-4, 5-6.

• imageSagen:
    DS will be 5 months in a few days. He was sleeping through the night but three weeks ago stopped. He goes to bed at 8 and wakes up once or twice, on some crazy nights three times. He wakes up for the day around 7:30. He is EBF, if that makes a difference :)

Our babies sound exactly the same! 

Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • Thanks everyone!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"