May 2013 Moms

In the middle of a meltdown!

I'm talking about me...not my baby.

We live in a small town with nothing to do. So DH mentioned a walk. We get ready and LO is asleep after fighting him so I handed him off to DH so I could get ready. He puts him in his seat and wakes him up...of course I'm irritated.

Then he gets a tote full if clothes out of his truck that I asked him to bring in and instead of taking them in the house he just sits them on the step knowing we're leaving. That made me irritated.

By that time I was already covered in sweat because its so dang hot out. We were planning a walk to my moms and he didn't grab bottles, diapers or anything. Once again I'm irritated.

We start walking, get about 100 yards and I am ticked off and tell him to finish the walk and I'm coming home. He wouldn't walk and turned around with me while DS1 is asking to go for a walk. I'm still irritated.

Now we are sitting at home he's trying to talk to me and I'm so mad. I won't even talk to him.

What is wrong with me?! I want to not be mad because I know it's just wasting our one day off together but I'm just so mad and don't know why. I just feel mad at the world.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: In the middle of a meltdown!

• Sometimes it all just becomes too much. Between lack of sleep, baby stuff etc it can be hard! I know I get aggravated very easily at DH.. Like yesterday morning when we are all snuggled in bed with LO and he tells me I should take the dogs out.. Really? I was up all night while he slept and now I should take the dog out??

Sending hugs your way and hopes that your day gets better!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Stress and irritation. I understand your annoyance. 

Plus heat is not fun. It makes everything harder and little things into huge annoyances.  So don't worry, forgive yourself and try to do something to make you feel better.

And after you feel better maybe you'll forgive him!

• Loading the player...
  • imageannarussell05:
    I'm sorry you are having a stressful day. This was me yesterday evening. I was so irritated with DH and most of my irritation was over relatively silly things. Is it possible for you to get out on your own for an hour or so? That might help you clear your head and allow you to enjoy the rest of your day.

He keeps asking me why I'm being mean and what's wrong and he won't take...I have no idea... For an answer. I told him I was leaving to get out of he house for a while and he called me about 10 times in 5 minutes and sent me 6 texts.

He doesn't understand what's up and neither do I. I just need space. It just stinks that the only time I can have space is when we have our days off together which takes away from our time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • If it makes you feel any better, my DH went out with one of our friends on Friday night, had a few too many, and managed to set off our security alarm when he came home at 2am..... Thankfully LO fell back asleep after I fed her, otherwise he really would've been in for it!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I totally understand! For me, I get irritated with stuff like this because it makes me feel like DH is my second child when he doesn't take 10 seconds to think through what one of us needs to do as a parent to be ready for things. He's awesome with our LO, but does nothing to prepare for us to go out unless I explicitly tell him what to do, which is ridiculous because he is just as much her parent as I am! It gets overwhelming to feel like you are the only one who can truly care for LO sometimes.
    She is here! 5-29-13

• I know exactly how you feel. I'm irritated and impatient and I'm being mean and snippy when I really don't want to be. I feel like I know best which is nonsense and I'm making MH feel like he's "tolerated" these days.

Like you, I wish I could just overcome it for one day even. I dislike my own behaviour.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • LN1024LN1024 member

imagecaymarks:
    imageannarussell05:
    I'm sorry you are having a stressful day. This was me yesterday evening. I was so irritated with DH and most of my irritation was over relatively silly things. Is it possible for you to get out on your own for an hour or so? That might help you clear your head and allow you to enjoy the rest of your day.
    He keeps asking me why I'm being mean and what's wrong and he won't take...I have no idea... For an answer. I told him I was leaving to get out of he house for a while and he called me about 10 times in 5 minutes and sent me 6 texts. He doesn't understand what's up and neither do I. I just need space. It just stinks that the only time I can have space is when we have our days off together which takes away from our time.

Is there anyway you two can get a baby-sitter at least once a month to have a "date day" together? Being able to relax and spend time without worrying about bottles, babies, and everything else might be good for you.

If not, it sounds like you just may be having one of those days. I really hope you feel better soon! 

• My birthday is Friday so we are planning a night out on Thursday night. We're going to a rodeo and leaving the kids with my mom! I can't wait!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"