March 2014 Moms

What will you miss?

I know we are all super excited to be mamas in the next nine months. That being said, what will you miss the most now that you are pregnant?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What will you miss?

• My nightly glass of wine... And sushi!!!!! 
  • Diet Coke.  :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Eating food, feeling human. I had hypermedia last time and was deathly ill until 16w. And then just sort of sick. Also traveling. With mypreemie history,I won't go more than 2 he's away after the 2nd tri.
    TTC #1 June 2010
    1/3/11 S/A - Count 45; Motility 32; Morph 4.3 - 2/10/11 - S/A Count 17mil; Motility 39; Morph 7.9
    1/5/11 Femara Cycle #1 = BFN  2/4/11 Femara Cycle #2 = BFP: 3/4/11 - Starting Progesterone suppositories 
    Beta#1 15DPO = 108; Beta#2 17DPO = 179; Beta#3 18DPO = 259; Beta 4# 20DPO =659!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    TTC#2 Pulled goalie 5/12, PPAF 3/13, BFP 6/27 Beta 15DPO=248! 
    Dx Severe Hydrocephalus and severe Dandy Walker Cyst.   Stillborn 10/19/13
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    TTC#3 - (No preventing, TTC+progesterone starting 12/13)
    4/7/14 CD3 BW - FSH 5.6; AMH 0.469 - 4/11/14 S/A Count 35, Motility 47, Morph 1.5
    4/16/14 - Cycle 6 - Natural IUI - Beta 12DPIUI = 3; Beta 13DPIUI=4.  15DPIUI=6. 17DPIU=4. Chemical Pregnancy  
    TTC #4
    5/5/14 Dx MTHFR homozygous A1298C, Benched 1 cycle HSG 5/14 both tubes open w/scarring on the left   
    5/28/14 Starting clomid 6/8/14 IUI #2 1 dominant follicle 31mm Beta 11DPIUI =4, 15DPIUI = 74, 17DPIUI = 165 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers
  • iEricaiErica member
    My alcohol.  I'm not an alcoholic or anything, but summer is the time I drink more (I don't really drink much in the other seasons).  Love to sit by a pool with some cold beer or pina coladas. 
  • imageamilliken8:
    My nightly glass of wine... And sushi!!!!! 

I am right there with you on that wine. I normally have a bottle a week to just relax in the evening and I have decided at least in my 1st trimester to not drink at all. I think once I hit my 2nd tri, I will have 1 glass every few weeks to wind down.

• Not very much because i don't deprive myself of a ton while pregnant. I had sushi two night ago, fabulous brie (pasteurized) yesterday - as long as things comes from reputable places and food is properly handled, i'm not a stress ball. Never was a big drinker so that wasn't hard to put on the back burner.

Maybe caffeine? Last pregnancy, i had a huge aversion to coffee but, so far, i'm just drinking decaf. I know we can have one or two cups of coffee but i find it easier to cut myself off completely than to try to moderate when it comes to caffeine. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker CafeMom Tickers
  • My coffee. Best part of my morning was driving to work with my coffee in hand. I would still be drinking it but it sounds awful right now. :
  • Coffee!!!! I was a coffee addict, but now I've cut back to just a cup or two in the morning.
  • imageMadApple:
    I'll miss cocktails and blue cheese, but I'm replacing them with bacon and cookies. Stick out tongue

Mmmm bacon... I made for breakfast yesterday and shared with no one.
  • Margaritas and corona lights.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm missing drinking. I am a sad soul. As soon as my throwing up starts I know I will be over it, but I'm just waiting for the inevitable.  

• Sushi, whiskey, and cold turkey sandwiches!

Started dating: 01/30/07
    Married: 05/20/11
    Started TTC: 03/01/12
    BFP: 07/05/13
    MMC Confirmed: 07/31/13 at 8w4d and D&C on 08/09/13 at 9w6d
    Waiting on AF to try again. We won't give up!

• It will definitely is wine and other awesome summer drinks (mojitos...YUM)

It definitely was different this past holiday not have one drink, but I have been told that I won't miss it once I am further along....hope so cause right now DH is enjoying his drinks still and I am jealous Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP#1 • 11/15/12 ectopic-too early to have EDD • MTX 11/30/12
    BFP#2 • 6/30/13 EDD 3/9/14...TWINS!! Baby A (BOY)-167 HB • Baby B (GIRL)-174 HB
    January 31, 2014 • Dominic Jayden 4lbs. 8oz.Ciara Aliyah 3lbs. 11oz. at 34w5d
  • My energy!

And not being able to drink. We're going on a beach trip in a few months with a bunch of friends and it'll suck not being able to drink with everyone else. 

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Being active! I haven't had to give it up yet but Dr has already informed me of early bed rest this time around as well. I suppose a cold beer by the pool sounds nice too....
    Been Married Since 9.23.11 to the Love of My Life! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Chart
  • Haha, agreed. I will miss my glass of wine at night. I, too, am waiting for the nausea to kick in and then I have a feeling I won't miss anything.. except maybe a hot bath every now and then!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • j22012j22012 member

imageamilliken8:
    My nightly glass of wine... And sushi!!!!! 

You took the words right out of my mouth!   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Coffee, sushi, and a cold beer! I will still be eating veggie sushi. I have to get my fix somehow.

• imageMomstheword83:
    Margaritas and corona lights.

Amen sister friend!!! My birthday is in 2 weeks and I would likely be celebrating all weekend with summer beer n cocktails but not this year!

Melissa

• Coffee for sure! I had to stop recently due to reflux, and would have the occasional decaf anyway, but now I know this will make it even worse so I have to stop. Boo :(
    BabyName Ticker
    Mom to Nora Audrey *09.03.2009*
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wine, coffee, cold medicine while sick (although I haven't been able to take it in years between being pregnant and BFing)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • iEricaiErica member
    imagebunnyfungo:

imageiErica:
    My alcohol.  I'm not an alcoholic or anything, but summer is the time I drink more (I don't really drink much in the other seasons).  Love to sit by a pool with some cold beer or pina coladas. 

Haha! Me too!! 

I've been making myself virgin mojitos (I call them faux-jitos lol), which are delicious! It makes me feel like I'm having a drink, without any of the alcohol. It's pretty much the perfect summer drink.

I totally need to do this! 

• Nothing.  It's only been the last three months that I haven't been pregnant and I missed it.  It feels "right" to be pregnant again, even though it's very early.

ETA: Well, I do love Jimmy Johns, so I'll miss that.  I might still eat it now and again and heat it, but not until I feel much more calmer about this pregnancy.  I'll also miss chunk white tuna...I think chunk lite is so gross looking but I eat it anyway when I want tuna when Im pregnant.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• imagebunnyfungo:

imageiErica:

Haha! Me too!! 

I've been making myself virgin mojitos (I call them faux-jitos lol), which are delicious! It makes me feel like I'm having a drink, without any of the alcohol. It's pretty much the perfect summer drink.

We call them no-jitos and DH has been making them for me.

As my SN suggests, I love my wine and while I'll have a little later on, I definitely miss it. We're going back to Sonoma for a wedding in September and it's going to stink to be in wine country and not drinking. I was pregnant the last 4mo we lived there, too, so I'm already tired of being out there and not able to enjoy it!

photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I didnt deprive myself much last go around, but I'm missing caffeine something fierce. I do decaf on occasion, and caffeine free diet sodas, just avoiding on the summer bc I'm terrible about water and the last thing I need is to dehydrate.
  • I miss enjoying food Now I eat because I have to.

I'm also sad I don't have as much energy to play with DD
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
  • My energy and my emotional control.
    Bubba, born Jan. 2007 * Sissy, born Apr. 2009 * Baby Sister, born Feb. 2014
  • ntdanentdane member
    I really miss beer. At the end of my first pregnancy I told DH that the only things I wanted were a Spotted Cow and a cold ham sandwich. Maybe it won't be quite so bad this time now that I don't live in WI anymore.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Coffee and Cherry Coke Zero 

imageimageimage

• hjw101hjw101 member

A cold beer after a long and my coffee. As a teacher I feel like I run on both of those ;) 

imageimage

• Turkey sandwiches and diet coke!
    "Once you are real, you can't become unreal again.  It lasts for always." ~ The Velveteen Rabbit

*8.3.13*  mc @ 6-7 weeks {natural mc at 12 weeks}
    *3.14.14*  mc @ 5-6 weeks DnC {blood clotting disorder discovered}
    *8.7.14* mc @ 6 weeks DnC {uterine septum removed March '14)
    *3.17.15* mc @ 7 weeks DnC {genetic testing & meeting with a new RE in Jan '15}
    *8.31.16* mc @ 8 weeks DnC {genetic testing, new medications upon next pregnancy}
    *7.17.16* praying everyday for my rainbow baby {progesterone supplements, blood thinning injections}

• imageMelissa72777:
    imageMomstheword83:
    Margaritas and corona lights.

Amen sister friend!!! My birthday is in 2 weeks and I would likely be celebrating all weekend with summer beer n cocktails but not this year!

My 30th birthday was this past Saturday and I was super jealous that my friends and family were enjoying my delicious margaritas, while I drank water.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • My big thing is being able to ride rides like roller coaster and water slides! We live very close to San Antonio and we go to sea world and six flags a lot with our kids and family! Don't get me wrong I would love to a drink but sitting on the side lines is the worst!

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sushi, also!

I know that this is a different interpretation of the question, but I will also miss some freedom.  My best friend is having a bachelorette cruise next year, and I won't be able to go. Obviously my LO is wayy more important than a vacation, but I still haven't broken the news to her yet...

• Being able to fall asleep on my tummy
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • The occasional beer and joint... yep i said it!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"