Babies: 0 - 3 Months

please rec your bottles

I am going back to work next month and am purchasing some bottles. Last time we used Avent and I hated them. Always leaked. We also used Playtex which were fine, just seeing what everyone else uses. Is spending more on Dr. Browns or Tommie Tippie worth the money? The reviews online are mixed...Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

I'm going to school to become a midwife! 
You can follow my journey here: http://midwife101.wordpress.com

Re: please rec your bottles

• I love the Playtex vent Aire bottles!
  • I'm a big fan of Born Free, both their plastic and glass bottles
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Loading the player...
  • I use Avent. Tried Dr Browns and Avent Natural and LO had awful gas and gagged on them. We had a Similac bottle that leaked and was awful! Going to try a few more brands this week to see if we can find one that will work better for her gas. I'm going to try Tommees, Playtex Ventaire, and Playtex dropins.
  • DS likes the Tommie tippee bottles, I think because the base of the nipple is wider like an actual breast. He didn't really like the Medela nipple that came with my Medela pump. We also have the playtex drop ins, but haven't tried them yet.

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• kellmokellmo member
    My DS likes dr. Browns, platytex ventaire and Nuk bottles. Both my DS's took whatever bottle we used.
  • We have only used Playtext Ventaire bottles and DD loves them!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• KLL22KLL22 member
    I use both TT and Dr. Browns. LO loves both of them and will switch back and forth with no problem! She hated Avent and Bornfree bottles though. 

• DS is exclusively breastfed and just over six weeks old. He just had his first bottle on Friday and his second bottle today. We used Tommee Tippee and so far he has taken it and has had no nipple confusion.
  • We used playtex ventaire for DD1 and she liked it, Dr. Browns works best for DD2.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Medela bottles worked better for us than the tomee topper. The nipple flow suited our lo more.
  • We use AVENT. They don't generally leak unless you put them in the fridge. Silly thermal expansion....
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We've used TT Playtex Dropins and DS has done well with both. He primarily BFs with 2 or so bottles per week in order to prep him for DC.

BFP #2: 08/23/12; EDD: 05/04/13 ~Please stick little one!!! DS born 05/09/13 at 40w5d

BFP #1: 05/05/12; EDD: 01/01/13; m/c: 05/21/12 ~Forever in our hearts~ 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary
  • imagemajwv8:
    We love Dr browns. She eats well and has very little gas.

this. 

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • We use Similac bottles. I like them, they are wide enough I can wash them without having to use the bottle brush. Also, they have have a mixer in them to help formula from clumping up and helps baby not swallow so much air. They were like 15 on Amazon.
  • DS used Dr. Brown's and they worked great. He was preemie, so we were afraid of reflux/spit up issues. Never had them ( likely just because of DS, not the bottles necessarily). We are using them for DD so far, too. Although they are only used 1x or 2x per day, for when DH or a sitter feeds her, as I am EBF so far.

"A friend loves at all times..." Pr. 17:17 MY GOOGLEPAGES BIO imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My go to bottle has always been plaxtex drop ins. We have tried several with DD. A  Comotomo, the Medela Breastflow nipple, Plextex, and the Simliac bottle that came as a free sample. She prefers the Comotomo never gives us problems with taking it, the playtex she likes okay and she HATED the Medela nipple which surprised me. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We use Avent. I haven't really had many problems with it. It's nice that they are pretty much all interchangeable and I have the adapter for my pump too. I like them for freezer storage.
    PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"