Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Finger food ideas

I feel like I am always feeding my LO the SAME THINGS! And I know she's getting sick of it.  I think I've completely ruined her for bananas, lol!!  So, I need help w/ some new finger food ideas.  She's at a stage right now where she will NOT let us feed her.  We currently give her steamed apples, pears, bananas (if she'll eat them), squash, potatoes, cheese (her favorite), broccoli, chicken, pasta, turkey burger, peas and snacky type things like puffs, cheerios, etc.  Maybe I don't feel like this is enough of a variety but if anyone can think of anything else please post. :) Also, she's allergic to peanut butter and we suspect an egg allergy.

THanks!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Finger food ideas

• DD is 14 months and we feed her corn, peas, carrots, chicken, pork, hotdogs, nuggets, deli meat, ham, lots of fruit, cheese, baked fries, pasta, puffs, yogurt, apple sauce (she's learning to use a spoon so those two get messy, but it's a lot of fun), jam sandwiches, quesadillas, eggs when she'll eat them, and we try to give her whatever we're eating so she'll try new things. I also often feel like she doesn't get a huge variety, but I know other babies who eat even less so I figure I'm fine.  I keep introducing new things and some days are better than others.  I think your LO's diet sounds great.  Maybe try adding herbs and spices for flavorings to the things she will eat, then use those same flavors on new things so at least part of it is the same. 

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• As other post said, we feed DS whatever we have.   He is loving avocado, green beans, watermelon, cantaloupe, pancakes right now.  
    TTC since 2009 started going to RE 5/2011:
    Polyp removed/hypothyriod 6/2011
    7/2011 IUI#1 w/ 150 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger BFN
    8/2011 IUI#2 w/225 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger BFN
    10/2011 IUI#3 w/300 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger (BFP)
    beta #1: 195 beta#2: 502
    7/2013 Back to RE because my uterus is OLD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • By that age, she ate what we ate.
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DS likes whole beans as finger foods (black beans, white beans). Chunks of avocadoes (rolled in smashed cheerios so they are easier to pick up). Watermelon is a new favorite. Chunks of feta cheese. Toast with nut butter (could you do cashew butter?). Piece of whole wheat toast with a little tomato sauce and mozz cheese (baby pizza).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for all the great ideas!!! The dr confirmed the egg allergy today, how frustrating!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"