August 2011 Moms

Experience with spotting?

Hi again ladies,

Thanks for all of your replies a few days ago regarding my BFP! The light spotting has continued on and off, mostly off. So it's been happening for a week now. I'll be 5 wks on Wednesday. When I do notice it, it's pink and only when I wipe. But of course, I'm constantly running to the bathroom to check. This is seriously so, so stressful.

I put a call in to my Dr. a few minutes ago, but I had to leave a message. While I wait impatiently for a call back, did any of you have any experience with spotting during early pregnancy? Any words of comfort? I know everyone is different, and that every pregnancy is different. Thanks again ladies.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Experience with spotting?

• Hi there, congrats on your BFP!

I had some mild spotting with DD1 around 4 weeks.  I actually thought it was a light period, it lasted for a few days.  I didn't realize it wasn't actually a period until the next month, when I didn't get a period and took a pregnancy test.  So, it turned out to be completely NBD, and the doctor told me it's not an uncommon occurrence. 

Fingers crossed everything checks out OK for you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I recall some spotting. I'm sorry you're having so much anxiety, Emsue. Sending good vibes your way.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks so much for the replies. My dr. wanted me to come in for an exam and to draw blood to see my beta number. Nothing was revealed from the internal exam that could be causing the spotting. They want me back later in the week to do another blood draw. I'm also going back tomorrow for a Rhogam shot. They also will have me back for an ultrasound when/if my betas reach 3000.

I hate the not knowing part. I am trying to have faith and be positive, but I'll admit, it is very hard.

Thank you for you thoughts and prayers. Keep 'em coming.
  • I'm sorry you're spotting. I spotted with DD2 light brown and Baby Boy bright red and it sucked. I completely understand not being able to not worry. I hope your beta's can bring you some peace of mind.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagemananana:
    Hey, I know I've already said this, but I had intermittent spotting until I was about 8 weeks along. nbsp;If you click my BFP chart, you can see that. nbsp;I didn't document every day that I had it as I got farther along because it was stressing me out, but it does show spotting here and there until roughly eight weeks.nbsp;Ask them when you go in next if there's anyway they can check to be sure your Rhogam shot worked too. nbsp;That's super important. nbsp;Also remember that any internal exams could cause more spotting too. nbsp;I had some internal ultrasounds around 5/6 weeks and and panicked after the first one because it caused more spotting which wasn't a big deal in reality, but it freaked me out.nbsp;Thinking of you and hoping for the best!nbsp;

Thanks so much again. I didn't know I should ask if the Rhogam shot worked?? I just assumed it did its thing.

I actually haven't spotted since Monday morning, so I guess that's one good thing. However, I got my first beta level and it was 147 at 4w5d. The nurse on the phone first said the number was "good" before she actually told me the number I had to ask for it. It just seems low, although I know how wide the range is, etc. I go in tomorrow for the second blood draw. I am a ball of nerves. I haven't told anyone besides DH about being pregnant and I am stuck dragging DD back and forth to the dr. with me. Everything is just so stressful.

Please continue to pray and send positive thoughts, ladies. I want this little baby so badly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"