Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Snack Foods

At LO's nine month appointment, our pediatrician said to stay away from eggs, nuts, honey, and strawberries. She said anything else was fine to give her as long as it was soft. I've been trying to come up with some snack food ideas (that doesn't have to be prepared) for when we are in the car or in a store. I'd like to offer LO some variety. Here's the ones we are currently using: cheerios, puffs, yogurt melts, and lil crunchies. Anyone else have some ideas?

Thanks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Snack Foods

• Blueberries! Our DD loves them!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We do mum mums and crackers too. Keeps little one occupied when he's hungry and haven't reached our destination.
  • Loading the player...
  • Teddy Grahams, kiks cereal, goldfish
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • stgn01stgn01 member
    Fig newtons

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • My daughter loves crackers and cheese. It is her favorite snack.

2.0 is on the way! EDD: 2/24/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagestgn01:
    Fig newtons

Oh! That's a good one! I've never thought of this!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We do cherry tomatoes with mozzarella cheese, fruit, avocado, puffs and coconut cream melts.
  • We tend to do snacks that are fruits and veggies rather than real snack foods. We do cheerios though. Dried apricots, blueberries, pieces of plum, pieces of cheese, peas.

• Peas and blueberries buy me a lot of time!  And cheese.  Bananas.  I also look in the Italian section and buy cookies that are more cracker-like, not very sweet.  Call them "Dunkers" in my family ( to dunk in your coffee), but they are usually pretty airy so they dissolve easily.
    image image
  • imagejfresh:
    We do raisins, blueberries, or clementines for a lot of snacks. Raisins would be great for on the go!

Raisins are a choking hazard from everything I've read. OP, I also would not give a baby this age snacks in the car as its also a choking hazard.
  • There's a lot of new studies out that say to not delay foods, except for honey, unless there is a history of allergies. My dd has had all of the above with no problems.

For snacks, our go to finger foods are dried fruit, fresh fruit like apricots, strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, and chopped veggies. Also dehydrated veggies, like corn, are a big hit! Once or twice a week, I will give her a fruit pouch. I think they are the laziest things, but great when you're out and about and in a pinch! Ha
  • imageBetty&Co:
    imagejfresh:
    We do raisins, blueberries, or clementines for a lot of snacks. Raisins would be great for on the go!

Raisins are a choking hazard from everything I've read. OP, I also would not give a baby this age snacks in the car as its also a choking hazard.

Also, I give dd raisins and she eats them just fine. I make sure that they are the plump, soft raisins, though.
  • Never knew about waiting on strawberries.  My 9 month old had a strawberry when she was 7.5 or 8 months and had no reaction.  But every Dr. is different.  I had a question for everyone.  My DD has no top teeth yet (coming in soon though I hope!) so are cheerios, crackers, etc good for her?  She has 3 teeth on the bottom (well really 2 b/c 2 are double tooth, fused together on the bottom).  I'm just worried about her choking b/c she can't chew the food up well.  She eats puffs and yogurt melts and small cut up bananas.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"