February 2013 Moms
Options

Churchgoers come in

Church is an important part of our lives. DH and I went every Sunday morning and evening before DD was born. Now, it's a little more complicated though. We have to leave by 10:30 to be on time for the service. Of course, that is right at the time when DD is still taking her morning nap. Right now (10:35) she's been sleeping for about an hour and 15 minutes. She probably will only sleep for another 15-30 minutes.

So my dilemma is wake her, or not? DH is always in favor of letting her sleep. I honestly don't know what to do. I hate to wake her, but I don't like missing church on a regular basis either. WWYD?

PCOS with long, irregular cycles
First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

Re: Churchgoers come in

• Options
    If you know for sure she's gun wake up in 10-15 mins anyways, I'd probably wake her up and go ( if she's already ready for church) maybe shell catch the last 10 mins in the car on the way to church. If however you'd still need time to get her ready for church then I'd just let her sleep. 

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    imagemay10587hotmail.com:
    If you know for sure she's gun wake up in 1015 mins anyways, I'd probably wake her up and go if she's already ready for church maybe shell catch the last 10 mins in the car on the way to church. If however you'd still need time to get her ready for church then I'd just let her sleep.nbsp;

Yeah, that's the problem. When she wakes up I'd need to feed her and change her, so that adds another 10 to 15 minutes before we can leave. So I either have to wake her at like 10:15 and possibly cut out 30 to 45 minutes of her nap or miss church. I feel like it's a no win situation.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How does she behave in church with a shortened nap? My dd always did fine. Ds falls right back to sleep as soon as we get in the car.
  • Options
    We have three hours of church every Sunday and we haven't missed since DS was eight weeks old.  Yes, it's tricky, but to us it is worth it.  We just wake him when we need to, whenever that is.  He usually ends up napping at some point during church anyways, and I always feed him at some point during that three-hour block in the mother's room.  I figure, it's one day a week - he'll be fine.  Sometimes it even means a longer afternoon nap or early bedtime!

• Options
    Could you try putting her down in her car seat already dressed and traveling to church early, feeding and changing somewhere there when she wakes up?
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We always make accomodations for nap except for Sundays. Yes I have hadfussy babies in church and sosometimes have to go to the nursery however I feel it is important to try. DS always goes down for his nap at 1130 except sunday and he has adjusted. If u stick with it when they get older it will be easier!
    ETA Ds is almost 3.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Btw I also dress her early just make sure she keeps a bib on!! Then she is ready to go when you are.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jbatchjbatch member
    We wake her when we need to just like I do for work if I need to.. Church is very important to me and I want it to be to her as well!

I have a Daughter born 2/26/2013. She is pretty much amazing!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Thanks ladies! I also posted this question on Facebook and got similar responses. The vast majority of the time, I arrange my life around her napping schedule, but sometimes I think I stress about it too much. DD will need to learn to adapt to different situations and I think church on Sunday will be one of those times. I appreciate your input!

• Options
    To us church is a priority, so Sundays are their own schedule. With older kids we feel it is even more important to model this behavior. Church is important always, not just when it is convenient. That said, we miss services for illnesses and travel, but if we are in town we're at church. And our threshold for skipping was lower when our first was a baby,but we don't want our five year old thinking church is optional so this baby gets woken up all the time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MBush4MBush4 member
    We have a three hour block for church but have to be there early because DH does service with several groups at church and we're a one-car family. That being said, I dress LO there in the mother's lounge and feed him in there as well.Then DH and I rotate back and forth between who has him which hour since we both serve while at church (I do music with the younger kids and he does a little bit of everything helping the leader of our congregation).

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

• Options

I agree with what PP's have said, but if you're still having issues, is there another service at another time that you can go to? 

• Options

I would wake her now, but I probably wouldn't have with my first.  I was much more strict with the baby's sleep schedule with the first few, but now my poor baby is just along for the ride.  Most of her naps are on the go and in the car because we just can't be home for her to nap with the older kids' schedules.

As far as church goes, we've had to change things to accomodate our kids.  We used to attend an 11:00 service at our church, but with naps for the baby and the service pushing into lunch/naps for the older kids, we had to change.  We now attend a 10:00 service so we can be home in time to feed the older kids and put them down for naps by 1:00.  It is difficult to get six people out of the door before 10:00 am dressed in our Sunday best, but it's much easier than the mad dash to get everyone fed after the later service.

If I were you I would wake her and then try to get her to sleep during the service.  We are lucky that our babies are still small and are relatively easy to snuggle to sleep in our arms.  Church gets a whole lot more difficult when they are mobile.  Believe me!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"