3rd Trimester

Weight gain in last trimester?

I am 39 weeks and haven't gained any weight the past 6 weeks. My stomach is measuring larger each weekly visit. I am not dialated or effaced. Was told by my doctor the other day I will most likely go late. Should I be concerned that I'm not gaining anymore weight? 

Re: Weight gain in last trimester?

• Concerned about.....?  If your doc isn't concerned, you are still feeling fetal movement, and are not beyond 42w, I'd say you are fine.
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Nope.

Third tri is usually my least amount of gain of the 3 tris. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Its not abnormal to go late. And if your doctor isn't concerned you have no reason to be either.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ask your doctor. 

• No. I have gained 5 lbs so far (GD diet to credit for that), but my abdomen is measuring one week ahead.

As long as baby is growing and healthy, all is well.

• imageamandarins:
    Ask your doctor.nbsp;

This. There is no way for any of us to tell you whether or not you should be concerned.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageCaliforniaDream87:
    imageamandarins:
    Ask your doctor.nbsp;
    This. There is no way for any of us to tell you whether or not you should be concerned.

Yup. 

After 1.5 years TTC, IUI #2= BFP 12/2/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"And the dream that you dare to dream really do come true"

• mrs.JLmrs.JL member
    I gain most of my weight by 20wks then it tapers off. I haven't gained in few weeks but baby is measuring ahead. Do not worry as long as everything is testing fine and LO is moving. With my first I went to 42wks and everything was great.
  • I have a number of friends who did not gain in the 3rd trimester and then, had totally healthy babies. If your doctor is OK with it, you should not fret!
  • If your doctor isn't concerned than I don't think there is an issue.  I've actually been losing weight.  As long as baby is growing and healthy you should be fine :)
  • If Dr. isn't concerned then you probably have nothing to be worried about. Also you may be gaining weight but burning it as well as a conversion. Like baby is gaining, but you're losing. If you are personally concerned you should consult with your Dr. 

image image  image  image

• Thanks everyone for all the responses. I am just concerned as this is my 1st and I am in a group practice and the doc I just saw didn't even know why I was put on bed rest a week ago. When I brought it up I was told just to watch my diet and don't stop eating but to reduce salt to help with the swelling. I don't get answers to questions when I see 2 of the docs in the group of 6...
  • I have started noticing my weight gain slowing or even plateauing these last few weeks.  Up 23-24 lbs total this pregnancy so I made the minimum that my midwife wanted of 20-25 lbs but I had fully intended to go to 30 lbs - average.  At 30 weeks, we'll see how the next 7-10 weeks go.  I don't think I'm eating any less and everyone says "you gain sooo much those that few weeks." I'm noticing the opposite.   But with my belly so big making it harder to eat, I truly wonder if it would even be possible to gain a lb a week in 3rd tri.
    ??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS
  • I was late for my first and it was fine.

You may be losing weight in other areas of your body and it is just shifting to your bump/baby.  It has happened to many friends of mine.

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"