Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

How long did your LO...

Stay in his or her infant carseat?

Edit: I have a Britax that says it is good up to 30 lbs and Im trying to figure out when to transition LO.
IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:

Re: How long did your LO...

• We kept DD in hers until about 8 or 9 months.  She got really broad across the shoulders, and heavy, very quickly.  It got to the point where she was screaming in the car seat until she fell asleep every time.  Not fun.  We got a nice convertible that does infant through 65 pounds so we're set until she's out of a seat altogether.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Like his carrier? 4 or 5 months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Just over a year.  Could have gone longer, but she was very close to height restrictions.

IMG_8355
  • We had the Britax and we switched around 7 or 8 months.  DD was about 23 pounds or so and that thing was HEAVY!  I couldn't lug her any more.  She seems much more comfortable in the larger car seat.

• 7ish months. I got so sick of dragging that damn thing in and out it was too hard to take her out but leave the seat in the car and it was heavy after awhile. SHe also hated being so deep in it and not able to see much.

I also had a friend who was due and wanted it, so I gave it up.

I have to be the only person on the planet that doesn't really love those things. With Kid 2 I'm tempted to put her in the convertible straight away (It's good from 5lbs. plus), buy a bigger carseat for Kid 1 and get done with it.

• We kept him in it as long as possible only because we wanted to get the most out of our money...so he was probably around 18 months? He waited until he was maxed out on the height restriction portion (he was still good weight wise) before buying a convertible carseat though we stopped taking it in and out of the car (and carrying him in it) long before that
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We kept him in his infant carseat until he reached the height limit, when his head was 1" from the top of the car seat shell. That was 16 or 17 months.
  • We used it until about 9 months.

If you're asking in your edit how long you can use it you should switch when LO's head is an inch from the top of the shell or they outgrow the weight.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our infant seat's limits were 35lbs/32in. We just got DS a convertable seat about a week ago, at 29in and 18lbs. I use the convertable in my car and DH still uses the infant seat in his van, but he leaves it in there now. We'll get a convertable seat for the van in another few weeks or month.
  • I had a Britax infant carrier- LO stayed in it until a little after 1 year. At her check up she was 0.5 inches below the height max. So we moved to a convertible seat. Around 6 months of age is when I stopped taking the carrier out of the base and just moving LO in and out of the seat. 
  • At 6 months I bought a convertible for my car but we kept her infant carseat in DH's truck until she hit the height limit at 15 months. 
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 10 months. K was 31.5 inches at 12 months (100%). We had Graco Snugride 30. Her shoulders barely fit in when we switched her
  • About 9 months.  I got tired of lugging the dang thing everywhere.  DS was getting close to the height limit, so we switched to a convertible.

Anniversary

• 11 months. He was just about at the height limit. But it's totally individual. Some kids at his daycare were still in their infant seats well past a year.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DS will probably fit in his for quite a while as he's small (18.5 lbs). I went ahead and bought a convertible for my car, though, and we keep the infant one in DH's car.
  • DS1 5 months
    DS2 3 months

Both my kids have hated their infant seat.

• 6 months. They could have gone longer but carrying 2 carriers became quite difficult.
    Taking the Scenic Route
    FET: Success! Beta at 14dp5dt: 2427 TWINS!!
  • We switched to convertible at 6 months.  From about 5 months, I wasn't taking the bucket out of the car unless she was asleep, though.  It was just too heavy to bother.  If/when we have another baby, I'm getting a new infant carrier/seat.
  • Around 8 or 9 months. He outgrew it height-wise way before he got too heavy for it. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • KatFCoKatFCo member
    We actually never used one. We use a convertible, so it could go from rear-facing between 4 and 40 pounds, and then he can forward face in it, I hope until he's ready for a booster.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for the responses!  DS is 10 months old and has not outgrown his infant carrier, but my brother is having a baby in 2 months. I was trying to decide whether just to give my brother my Britax + two bases and buy a bigger seat or whether I could milk another few months out of the Britax since DS isn't anywhere near an inch of the top or close to the weight limit. 

IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • 4 mos. dd screamed in her bucket. She was so much happier when we transitioned.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• DS had outgrown the 30 inch height limit in his Graco Snugride 35 at 12 months.
        image  image

• With DD we used a Snugride 22 until she was 13ish months. She was tiny and outgrew it by height then, not weight. Overall I hated that seat so we used a Chicco Keyfit for DS. It was borrowed from a trusted friend and it expired when he was 5months old. So we started using a convertible then.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"