February 2013 Moms

***Belated: What went well this week?***

Hi ladies! 

Sorry I didn't start this Friday - we did a mini-vacation on Cape Cod Friday morning until today.

What went well for me was the trip!! DS definitely exceeded my expectations. He slept the whole 2 hours there was able to take naps and sleep at night in a new environment and was a real trooper on the car ride home which took 4 hours - eek!

It was really fun but really exhausting!! 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

Re: ***Belated: What went well this week?***

• We also did a mini-vaca that culminated with family portraits on Friday. The photographer wanted to go to a state park and start at 6. DS is usually down by 6:30-7, so I didn't know how he would do at that time, and it was 89 degrees outside for the shoot. He did awesome! In fact, I'm going to AW and put in one of the preview shots we got, because I love it.
  • imageDublinMama:
    We also did a mini-vaca that culminated with family portraits on Friday. The photographer wanted to go to a state park and start at 6. DS is usually down by 6:30-7, so I didn't know how he would do at that time, and it was 89 degrees outside for the shoot. He did awesome! In fact, I'm going to AW and put in one of the preview shots we got, because I love it.

OMG!!! I love that pic!!! So precious!!! 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • We went to several family picnics and such this week, and DD did so well at all of them. She really didn't cry or fuss much at all, despite being around a lot of people and not getting her normal naps in.
    Dublin, I love the pic!
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Thanks, ladies! I can't wait to see the rest of them. Big Smile
  • We went away also. DS hadn't been sleeping super at night and I was worried how he would do while away, but he actually slept wonderfully! We also went to a wedding on Saturday night and he stayed out with us late. We were getting ready to leave after dinner and he fell asleep! So we were able to stay and dance a little too which was nice!
  • @ Dublinmama - GREAT pic!

I'm knocking on wood as we speak but I think we just finished the 4 month growth spurt. She is of course into the wakeful now, which just seems to be affecting her naps more than her ON sleep and making her fussier during the day. She is also hard to get to sleep at bedtime initially but I've managed to figure out some stuff that seems to work. We'll see. It ain't over til its over.

I lost 1lb.

I managed to avoid a potentially toxic confrontation with my mom.

DH got some rest over the holiday and it was much needed. He is in way less pain than he was in on Wednesday.

We went to a birthday party on Saturday for DH's niece and I managed to get DD away from MIL during a meltdown, soothe her and then prevent any more the whole 4 hour visit.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Swaddle transition!!!!!!! Woohoo!! Thank you Zipadeezip! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • I went from only leaving DS with DH to leaving him with grandparents twice this week. I was a nervous wreck, but DS was a rockstar. ::mobile smiley::
    "Sweat is my sanity". Sarah Palin "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised". Proverbs 31:30 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't run over my pump with my car. That is a huge accomplishment for me because I hate the pump right now (I EP). Also, I got a 15 min nap today and felt human again. DD is going thru the 4 month wakeful and last night was terrible. Nap was very much needed. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• We vacationed as well, and although DD did not like the 6 hour drive there, once she was there she was a doll! She let all my family members hold her and smiled all week and even slept through the firework battle going on 100 feet away from our house!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • He *finally* started reaching for stuff yesterday. He seems less interested in it today, but at least I know he can and will stop worrying. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • <--- also loves DublinMama's pic
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"