Adoption

Waiting to Adopt - Weekly Check-In July 1st

Hey everyone. Sorry for the tardiness of this post. It is my first week doing them and we are currently flying at 20,000+ ft in the air coming home from vacation so, I apologize!

First and foremost WELCOME EVERYONE! Lurkers, feel free to come out and post. We would love to hear from you! 

1. What kind of fostering/adoption process are you working towards? What age(s) are/is the kiddo?

2. What is your most rennet milestone or accomplishment that you would like to share (doesn't have to be adoption related!)

3. Where in the process are you at?

4. How are you feeling this week?

5. What's your next step? If you're waiting to be matched or waiting for baby/kiddo to arrive, what are you doing to pass the time and prepare?

6. What have you done for yourself this week?

7. QQTW: What is something that you wish someone had told you early on in your process? If you have been matched/placed, how are you able to use your knowledge to educate those who are under- educated about the adoption/fostering life? 

Began the Adoption process 4/2013
Home study Approved 12/2013
.... and the wait begins! 

Re: Waiting to Adopt - Weekly Check-In July 1st

• 1. What kind of fostering/adoption process are you working towards? What age(s) are/is the kiddo?

DIA 

2. What is your most rennet milestone or accomplishment that you would like to share (doesn't have to be adoption related!)

Before leaving last Friday morning we mailed off our application... Well the performal application! They received it today and are reviewing it! 

Application after application! 

Ready to get the ball rolling on to the next phase! 

5. What's your next step? If you're waiting to be matched or waiting for baby/kiddo to arrive, what are you doing to pass the time and prepare?

We wait to hear if we have been approved to move onto the next step! Hoping this week we will hear from the agency and then we will meet our SW shortly after that! 

We took a spontaneous 4 day vacation to Las Vegas with the husband's grandparents! (Btw, anyone who lives in that southern part of California, Nevada, Arizona etc. I don't know how you handle that heat! We are thankful that we are returning to 85 degrees) 

7. QQTW: What is something that you wish someone had told you early on in your process? If you have been matched/placed, how are you able to use your knowledge to educate those who are under- educated about the adoption/fostering life? 

I think the one thing I wish someone would have told me is even in the beginning the emotional roller coaster you go through and how normal it is. Also, how to convey to family members that this process is not seen to us as settling because we cannot become pregnant, but rather we see it as a blessing and joyous and are ready for the challenge and adventure of adoption! 

Began the Adoption process 4/2013
    Home study Approved 12/2013
    .... and the wait begins! 

• imagealigross:

Hey everyone. Sorry for the tardiness of this post. It is my first week doing them and we are currently flying at 20,000+ ft in the air coming home from vacation so, I apologize!

Fun!!  Where did you go on vacation? Smile

1. What kind of fostering/adoption process are you working towards? What age(s) are/is the kiddo?
    IA from Uganda, ages 0-3

2. What is your most recent milestone or accomplishment that you would like to share (doesn't have to be adoption related!)
    I'm starting to plan out our child's room!  We'd like to work on it this fall! A non-adoption related milestone was that my studio completed our advanced Summer Dance Intensive last week and it was a beautiful and life-changing experience for all of us!

USCIS

I'm really excited to shop for furniture and plan out our nursery better! Big Smile

My husband and I are reading "Parenting the Connected Child" together before we go to sleep each night, and we're finding it highly beneficial! We also gathered a large group of prayer warriors to support us and our child on a regular basis, which is great!

My car tire exploded when I was driving over the weekend, so I took it to the mechanic and hung out with my mom all day. It was really fun to catch up with her!

We're not even matched yet, but we've been able to educate a lot of people about the international adoption process!

Be blessed this week, ya'll!

I'm a dance studio owner, writer, cat mommy, and adventuress who is married to the man of her dreams. My husband and I have had a long-time dream to adopt and it's happening in a way that we didn't quite anticipate. But, like any move of God, it's turning out way better than we expected. We'd love for you to follow our story at www.kirstenkline.com!
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. What kind of fostering/adoption process are you working towards? What age(s) are/is the kiddo? DIA

I made it to the gym every day for a week. 

Matched. Due date is 7/28. It's feeling completely terrifying! 

Nervous. 

We've finished the nursery and we are just kinda waiting for the emom to go into labor- she's full term this coming weekend. 

I took a wheel throwing pottery class. 

I wish that I'd spoke more to families recently working with my agency. There seems to have been a sea change in the happiness level of folks who pursued adoption through them a few years ago, versus those persuing it now. I'd like to have talked to other currently waiting families. I'd encourage people to talk to other active families rather than relying on those with placements already .

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • OKittyOKitty member

DIA

About 80% finished with the homestudy. Have fingerprints to come in and get the OK from the agency.

Almost paper pregnant!

Stressed.....see below!

A friend has us in contact with a potential BM, who is less than 10 wks along. She's out of state, which is not what we were planning. Many questions to be answered, we're quite unsure of it all

Only working one 12hr shift this week! Vacation time! :)

I wish someone could relate to me with how surreal this process feels. I can imagine a placement and a baby in my house, but none of this feels for real....like I'm just making up some story to entertain people with!

Trying to Add Baby #1 Since 12/2008
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    Spring 2010: 3 Clomid + TI
    Jan 2011: 2 Femara IUI's
    Summer 2011: 6 months of Chiropractic Therapy
    March 2012: Confirmed Agency, Meeting set
    July 2012: Homeopath consult (fail!)
    July 2012: Start of Agency Meetings/Paperwork
    October 2012: Agency Interview
    February 2013: Tenative Agency Training
    March 2013: Tenative Homestudy start date
  • emcaemca member

1. What kind of fostering/adoption process are you working towards? What age(s) are/is the kiddo? DIA

Adoption related: We were just home study approved. :)

Non Adoption related: I am doing horseback riding lessons and I moved up to a trot today! :)

We were just home study approved!! The home study is in the mail and then we are going to work on our profile.

Pretty good! I am excited to move to the next step.

Our next step is our profile and then we wait. I would like to paint the future nursery as well. That might have to wait until the fall.

I have been to the gym every day this week so far. I also went to my 3rd horseback riding lesson.

I am still pretty early on in the process, so I don't really have any answer for this one...

After 1 IUI, 3 IVF's with CGH/CCS testing, 10 early miscarriages, and lots of tears and frustration, we are moving on to Domestic Infant Adoption!  We are so excited to see what the future holds.

• imagealigross:

DIA

Car seat is installed and ready for use.

Matched and waiting -- EM is due July 28th, so she is term this weekend.

Nervous

Waiting for the due date. Have been reading parenting books and packing the car with everything we'll need for the ICPC stay.

Date/movie night with DH.

I wish I had better understood how surreal and all-consuming this roller-coaster process can be at times. Our experience has been educational to our friends and family who are our main supports through this process. We've also been introduced to several folks who are considering adoption. So many people are helping and guiding us, we are happy to do that for others as much as we can.

**And "great job" to those of you are getting to the gym everyday, that is awesome!** 

•  1. What kind of fostering/adoption process are you working towards? What age(s) are/is the kiddo?

DIA 

We are cleaning out the garage...  nesting for me is to clean out every corner of the house and combat MH's hoarding.  Wink 

Home study approved, waiting. 

Good, slightly impatient.  Lots of pregnancy announcements kind of getting me down. 

Purging all the stuff and ORGANIZING.  We have our second shower next weekend and it is going to be pretty amazing, given what I've heard about the preparations.  Smile  We need to make room for all the baby things! 

Um, bought the most delicious blueberry crumb pie?   

I wish I had gone ahead much sooner.  I inquired about adoption 2.5 years ago and would probably have a little one and be thinking about #2 by now.  I guess everything happens in its own time.  Also, I wouldn't have freaked out so badly about the home study.  But that's pretty universal. 

My feet and Miss Heidi the rescue mutt!

15 treatment cycles: four early m/c
    Moving forward with domestic infant adoption!

Home study approved 5/13, now just waiting...

• hi, my husband and I are also adopting from uganda...we completed our paperwork, USCIS too, in September of 2012 and have been waiting anxiously to be matched, since. what state do you live??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"