June 2013 Moms

Still waiting...

So, what are all the other over-due mamas doing to pass the time?  I feel like I am going to go crazy waiting around for this LO to make his appearance.  There are only so many times I can re-clean my apartment from top to bottom before my DH has me committed.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Still waiting...

• I hope you get to meet your baby soon! While I was waiting I began crocheting baby shoes. I only got 1.5 done. I'm not sure when I'll have time to finish them now.
  • imageVASC:
    Right there with ya! nbsp;I was on my hands and knees cleaning the floor one day last week while DH was on the phone with his mother. nbsp;He told her what I was doing and she replied, "Oh! nbsp;She's neessstttiinngg!" nbsp;Then he said, "But she's been like this for weeks!" LOLI'm an avid reader, so I've got a few books on my nightstand I've been going through although my current book is only partially keeping my interest.DH and I also started watching Downton Abbey. nbsp;We started with season 1, episode 1, and have watched one episode every evening. nbsp;Maybe there's a TV series you could watch? nbsp;I've found it enjoyable because the plot points give me stuff to think about after each episode ends giving my mind a needed break from thinking about baby.The weather has been nice the past few days, so we've also hit up our pool for a little while in the evenings. nbsp;Swimming feels wonderful on the joints...it's amazing how weightless my bump feels too!I've also been trying to take a nap every afternoon. nbsp;I know I can't "bank up" sleep now in anticipation of after LO arrives, but my thinking is that, given I could go into labor anytime, every little nap I can get will mean being better rested to endure labor. nbsp;If my water breaks at 10pm, I'll surely be more wellrested if I had a nap from 24pm than if I hadn't.Preparing for labor is different from prepping for a marathon because at least marathon runners know when the shotgun start is, ya know?nbsp;

We live Downton Abbey too. But don't watch season three until after you've had your baby just fyi.
  • Loading the player...
  • My H was in town for 4 days for the first time in 3 weeks, so we were super lazy and just hung out a lot... and went to the movies a couple times. Now that he had to leave town for work again until the baby comes, I am going to be extra antsy! I just started reading Divergent, so hopefully that keeps me occupied mentally til baby comes!

As far as the EDD, ours was based on LMP. My cycles were really regular but I think I ovulated a few days early, which would mean I'm more like 12 days past my due date instead of 11.

We are inducing on the 11th, which will be 12 days past EDD. H is flying in on the morning of the 10th to hang out before we check into the hospital that night, so I'm going to be laying low til then. Baby has waited this long, he can wait a couple more days for his daddy to get back to town!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"