September 2013 Moms

Taking care of hair....down there...

This may seem like a completely inappropriate and weird question, but it's been on my mind the last few months. The further along pregnancy I get the harder it gets to keep things well landscaped down there. How is everyone else keeping things in check and what is your plan for the hair down there for delivery? 

Re: Taking care of hair....down there...

• Getting what I can by feel and calling it good!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yeah, that just isn't happening is how I'm dealing with it....

I did a good trim a while back while I could see, but now I have given up.  

My Food Blog - Dinner Delish
    TTC since Oct '09
    Missed miscarriage 3/24/10 @ 16 wks, Partial Molar Pregnancy
    Began our IF journey in May '11
    Asherman's Diagnosis (cervical & uterine scarring) - Surgery 8/17/11
    IUIs #1-#5 & 1 canceled IUI, IVF #1, 2 FETs - all BFN
    IVF# 2 December '12, BFP 1/13! EDD 9/21 
    Complete Previa and Short Cervix. C-section scheduled for 9/3
    Delivered 8/5 @ 33 weeks, 4lbs, 6oz. 
    4-week NICU stay, home 9/3
  • Loading the player...
  • Still managing mostly by feel, but I used a hand mirror at the end with DS and probably will need to again here soon.

Not sure what you mean about during delivery.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• I shave by feel:) DH said he will help me shave when I need to, but so far I have been doing ok...It helps that I can't see anything:)

Closer to delivery I might wax it in an arrow shape  and add some vajazzling so LO knows where to come out, and she feels specialStick out tongue

• You don't have to do anything with the "hair down there" for delivery. You could deliver with a full bush if you wanted to and the staff doesn't care. They have seen it all. 

If you can't reach your vag to trim then you either do it by feel alone or with a mirror or you get a wax.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I've given up. I'm letting it grow out 70's style. My doctor will need a machete and a flashlight for delivery. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Just going by feel for the rest of the time, but it's maybe been every couple weeks since I am scared of slicing and dicing. I thought about using a mirror or something for delivery so my stuff doesn't look like a jungle.

• imageSurfergirl013:

Closer to delivery I might wax it in an arrow shape  and add some vajazzling so LO knows where to come out, and she feels specialStick out tongue 

Klassy!

I might have to steal that idea. Perhaps with some purple glitter to really bling things up a bit ;) 

• imageShanmarie1083:
    imageSurfergirl013:

Klassy!

I might have to steal that idea. Perhaps with some purple glitter to really bling things up a bit ;) 

ooohhh!!! I like the added glitter idea!!!Big Smile

• Well I was thinking about getting a wax right before my due date so I don't overwhelm my doc, but I don't know if that is normal. I see all of these birthing videos and all of the women are very well manicured (or very bare)! What is normal?!!!
  • I am sad to say that I have given up. I just don't care anymore.
  • I've been leaving it since I got pregnant, I was due to start electrolysis the week after I got my BFP, and they said it was safe, but I chickened out, so now I am leaving it until the pp bleeding has stopped, then I am def starting the electrolysis, I can't wait Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

• imagealemke09:
    Well I was thinking about getting a wax right before my due date so I don't overwhelm my doc, but I don't know if that is normal. I see all of these birthing videos and all of the women are very well manicured (or very bare)! What is normal?!!!

Do whatever you want to do with your own vag! I'm sorry but I don't study other women's vaginas enough to know what's normal and what's not. No one here can tell you how to groom yourself. Wax if you want to or go full bush if you want to, trust me the doctors won't care either way. I have heard that waxing can be more painful during pregnancy due the added blood flow, but pain is subjective so it may be NBD to you.  

• I was going in blind and praying for the best with the razor but I may have to recruit DH to help out. I dont know, I feel cleaner when there is little to no hair there.
  • I have an electric bikini trimmer.  It does not shave it bare, but it keeps it short and neat.  It has a safety guard so I cannot cut myself, since I cannot see down there anymore.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • tinab3tinab3 member
    I started waxing last month due to not being able to do as good of a job with the razor. I'm due to go back this Friday.
  • imageAknight1986:
    I've given up. I'm letting it grow out 70's style. My doctor will need a machete and a flashlight for delivery.nbsp;

Haha! This is so me!!!!
  • I use an electric trimmer and a hand mirror. I was complaining to my hubby that it is getting hard to do. He said he would help if I needed it.
  • myglowmyglow member
    Regular razor for bikini area by feel, electric razor and a mirror on the side of the tub to keep the rest trimmed.
  • Splurge on waxing!!!  I feel so much better. :)
  • Husband is gone so I figure, meh, I'm not trying to impress anyone! That said, I just found out my MIL has booked us both appointments to get sugared on my birthday this week. It's sure to be... interesting.

• I've gotten what I can. I tried using a mirror to help but I think it made it worse lol.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm going in for a wax shortly before delivery but only because I'd prefer to not deal with a sweaty itchy Sasquatch after delivery.
  • It's all about the Brazilian wax.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I waxed at the beginning of my pregnancy, but as I've gotten further along my skin has not been reacting well to it, lots of red bumps for several days afterward. Last week I finally swallowed my pride before a pool party and had my husband trim it with his electric shaver. We both laughed so hard, it was probably just as unsafe as me trying to do it blind :D
  • Those of you who have a bikini trimmer, what brand and where did you get it? I'd really like one so I don't look so bushy when I deliver because I haven't done anything down there in a while...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

photo f67a54b1-ddce-4538-bf7e-65a79c0165f1_zps84df8eb7.jpg
  • imageMama3+1:
    I'm going in for a wax shortly before delivery but only because I'd prefer to not deal with a sweaty itchy Sasquatch after delivery.

this made me laugh so hard i just about pee my pants!!

since it started getting difficult a while back i just get DF to nair me every few weeks. I do intend of getting a wax 2 weeks before my due date due to same reasons quoted! 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I've been getting Brazilians for over 5 years now. Thankfully I haven't noticed any increase in pain while pregnant.

• emordaemorda member
    Omg I am cracking up! This makes me laugh and I can completely relate.  It's funny to read all the comments about how you all are taking care if things down there.  I was good up until this week. I went to shave and it was suddenly harder. My girlfriends warned me but I couldn't relate, now I can like many others. I am doing my best to shave and take care of it as normally as I can.  Thanks for sharing, it's comforting to know I am not alone (30w). Lol!!!!  :))
  • I'm doing it by feel...I probably totally look like I have mange, but at least I feel clean!
  • imageslindsey7:
    Just going by feel for the rest of the time, but it's maybe been every couple weeks since I am scared of slicing and dicing. I thought about using a mirror or something for delivery so my stuff doesn't look like a jungle.

My plan
  • I've been doing it by feel and sometimes using a hand mirror, but it ain't pretty.  I hate having hair down there, but I just can't see what the heck I'm doing.  I'm just feeling around and doing the best I can for the next few weeks.

We said goodbye to our sweet Taylor Ashley on August 8, 2012.We lost baby Noelle on May 1, 2015

Mom to Cam and Al, now expecting baby number 3, August 2016. Praying for lots of sticky baby dust!
  • imageJenmarie279:
    I'm doing it by feel...I probably totally look like I have mange, but at least I feel clean!

This is what makes me afraid of attempting my usual brazillian by feel alone.  I think the fact that I was always able to see before, clean up any ingrown hairs, catch any bleeders, etc kept the aftercare from the wax to a minimum.  If I go just piling on the wax and randomly tearing it off by feel, I'm sure to do some major damage.  And plus the whiteheads and blisters and other stuff that happens after a wax won't be visible so they'll get so out of control I'm sure to develop some random skin infections.  I may bite the bullet and go have it professionally done but I never feel like they do as good of a job as I would do at home.  But at this point nothing's getting "done" so I guess anything is better than nothing.  Being on pelvic rest so many months now, I sort of don't even have motivation to keep things clean.  That and neither of us can even see it with this big belly.  I just worry about thigh and bikini line hair and hair at the back of your upper thighs since I've been wearing bathing suits and going to the pool.

??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS
  • imageZmommy2:
    It's all about the Brazilian wax.

Agreed!! I still go in for my routine Brazilian. I actually go in tomorrow. Yee. I plan on being well groomed, always have been. I feel sexier with less hair down there. I usually do a design. I don't like it completely bare I'm a women not a child lol
  • myglowmyglow member
    imageachadwick19:
    Those of you who have a bikini trimmer, what brand and where did you get it? I'd really like one so I don't look so bushy when I deliver because I haven't done anything down there in a while...

I use the Remington beard goatee and stubble trimmer. Ha! I chose it because it is rechargeable and has adjusting guard for length preference. I was tired of going through batteries with the bikini trimmer I had.
  • Waxing...quick trip to brazil. It's so with the money in my opinion. If you have never had one I would not wait until the week before your due date though.
  • My husband has taken on the job.
  • imageMama3+1:
    I'm going in for a wax shortly before delivery but only because I'd prefer to not deal with a sweaty itchy Sasquatch after delivery.

I just shaved mine for the first time since March probably and this is the reason why! Ever since I found out I was pregnant and started my prenatals the bush had grown into a full on jungle and summer in Mobile, Alabama with all that going on has had me already dealing with some sweaty sasquatchiness! It probably looks like I had a blind gardener down there but it feels MUCH better!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagealemke09:
    Well I was thinking about getting a wax right before my due date so I don't overwhelm my doc, but I don't know if that is normal. I see all of these birthing videos and all of the women are very well manicured (or very bare)! What is normal?!!!

"overwhelm" your doc? wtf. They're a doctor that has chosen to work with vaginas. Labias are naturally covered with hair. I'm fairly certain they can stand seeing a full bush... as that is the natural state of the outer area they chose to work with.

Normal is whatever the fluck you want to do with yourself. the doctor should not factor in to your grooming choices. only you and whoever else is enjoying that area should be thought about in that decision...

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • imageBubblyDevil:
    I've been getting Brazilians for over 5 years now. Thankfully I haven't noticed any increase in pain while pregnant.

This for me too, but about 7 years now I've been going.  It's nice because barely anything grows. 

Only thing you have to be cautious of is some women get a varicose vein in that area and you can't wax.  I am just getting the outskirts done now because last time I was a bit...erm... swollen down there and it was awful.  But ya, wax is the best choice if you want to be hair-free.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"