May 2013 Moms
Options

Nails

Any tips on how to cut or file lo's nails with the least amount of squirming? Every time I try to file his nails he pulls them away and then freaks out if I keep trying. I've tried when he's sleeping but it wakes him up : his poor face has 4 cuts from his nails.

Re: Nails

• Options
    I do it while she naps. No fussing no squirming.
  • Options
    I have a swaddle me that leaves the hands free. When I want to cut them I have to bundle her up and get her completely asleep... otherwise its the end of the world..
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wait till he's asleep and cut them then
    IVF/ICSI #1 July/August 2011 BFP # 1 - B/G twins - preterm labor/cervical incompetency @ 23w3d FET # 1 March/April 2012 - BFN 5/1/12 FET # 2 July 2012 - BFN 7/24 FET # 3 BFP! EDD 5/15/13 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I use the Zoli Buzz B and it works like a charm, sleeping or awake :)
  • Options
    I cut them when he's asleep
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options
    I do LO's nails while she is breastfeeding, once she's sufficiently into the feed to be blissed out. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't tried cutting them yet, but I do file them down when S is completely out. I have to wait until she's been sleeping for at least 10 minutes before I can even try otherwise she wakes up and realizes what I'm doing.
  • Options
    imagestar510:
    I do LO's nails while she is breastfeeding, once she's sufficiently into the feed to be blissed out.nbsp;

DH has been cutting her nails while I nurse her, even if she's awake. She doesn't seem to mind but will occasionally pull her hand away for a second. Her nails are just now thick enough to be filed while she sleeps. Up till the past week or so, they were still too papery thin.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I haven't had to cut them yet, I just peel them off so far.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagestar510:
    I do LO's nails while she is breastfeeding, once she's sufficiently into the feed to be blissed out. 

This, only I don't use nail clippers, I just "rip" his nails.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemaymomNY:
    I also cut her nails while nursing. I love those scissors with the round ends, that way even if she does squirm a little there's really no way I will cut her.

This for me! I do the hand that is on top. My MIL bought me the scissors for my first LO and i used them for quite a long time on him
  • Options
    This may sound nuts but I was struggling so much I asked a friend and she told me she gently bit her kids nails off, so I either bite or peel them while nursing. He doesn't mind at all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I file them while DS is napping.

BFP #2: 08/23/12; EDD: 05/04/13 ~Please stick little one!!! DS born 05/09/13 at 40w5d

BFP #1: 05/05/12; EDD: 01/01/13; m/c: 05/21/12 ~Forever in our hearts~ 

Anniversary
  • Options
    April!April! member

imagemommatotwo2:
    I haven't had to cut them yet, I just peel them off so far.

Me too. I'm glad I'm not the only one! I'm scared to cut them, and peeling them works so far.

BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
    BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
    image image image
  • Options
    pnutgpnutg member
    So far I just bite or peel. Usually when he's asleep.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We got the rounded edge scissors and do it while he sleeps. They grow really quickly though!

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Options
    HZ2012HZ2012 member
    Thanks for all the responses ladies! I will have to look for the rounded clipper/scissor  - the problem is the corners of each nail is sharp, and it's hard for me to get in there so close to his skin. Thanks again!
  • Options
    I use little manicure scissors when she's completely asleep. I'm too scared to do it when she's awake.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"