March 2014 Moms

Pics of your belly

Everything I keep reading about "Welcome to Pregnancy" says to start taking pictures of my belly now. Is it just me that feels strange doing this? (since this is my first pregnancy)  I feel like I'd just be taking a picture of the bloat!! Will I regret it later if I don't do this now?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Pics of your belly

• With my other pregnancies I waited until 12 weeks to start pictures. Felt like it was a good place to still catch the early weeks without getting a bunch if bloat pictures.
    BabyName Ticker
    Mom to Nora Audrey *09.03.2009*
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I started last time at 8 weeks and I didn't even begin to look pregnant until about 15 weeks.  I don't regret starting so early though, it's better to have the pics and decide later you don't want them than to wish you had taken them.  If nothing else, I am happy to have pictures of when I know I was pregnant and happy, even if I am not showing yet.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Loading the player...
  • With DS, I did it starting at 4 weeks but they all looked the same until about 10 weeks. I wouldn't say I'd regret not having those early pics.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • With my last pregnancy I didn't take the weekly or monthly bump pics and I wish I had. I was so busy that it just didn't happen. I did have professional maternity photos done and I love them. If I were you, I would go ahead. Better that than wishing you had later.
  • I started taking pics weekly at 4 weeks. It's not like they were beautiful pregnancy photos really; I just enjoyed looking back and comparing the changes week to week right from the beginning.
        image  image

• imageangelsnight:
    I started last time at 8 weeks and I didn't even begin to look pregnant until about 15 weeks.nbsp; I don't regret starting so early though, it's better to have the pics and decide later you don't want them than to wish you had taken them.nbsp; If nothing else, I am happy to have pictures of when I know I was pregnant and happy, even if I am not showing yet.

I totally agree! It's better to have them and not use them than to want them and its too late. I started at 5 weeks.
  • I didn't do them at with my first two, I actually only have like 1 picture of me pregnant both times, so I stared at 5 weeks this time, it's nice to have that starting point ya know?
  • I posted you my belly pics, in a new topic :) I think they're fun to do! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• I did one when I found out I was pregnant last time.  Then we waited until I started to show and took them every two week. . . wait I think we took them every week in the last tri.  I can't remember. . .   I liked having them though.

I plan to do the same this time around. . though we haven't taken a stating picture yet. 

I think it's nice to have a starting point to compare you're bump to.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Hello! We just found out we are pregnant 2 days ago and we already took pics! I have to admit, I did feel a bit strange since there is only bloat, and they are pics that I probably wouldn't post because there's nothing to see. However, to me, I do look a bit different (healthier?) and I know everything is going to change so I want it ALL to be documented. This is our first, so we will probably go overboard on the picture taking. I do not think you are strange for feeling strange. I personally would regret not taking a 3-4 week pic. Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"