June 2013 Moms

Ameda breast pump

Anyone has this? I got it through my insurance and I literally get 12 oz on. Good day. Any suggestions on a good suction pump?

Re: Ameda breast pump

• imageCarolynL8:
    12 or 1 to 2 oz?
    I have the ameda purely yours [double electric]. I liked it at first but i dont like it much anymore.
    I find that it works better if i use it as a single. [use the little white tab to block off one of the tubes]
    Since i found myself doing one at a time i went back to using the single electric medela swing that i purchased prior to getting the ameda from the ins company.

1 to 2 oz. I will try using the white tab to block. Yes I liked it at first and After the first couple times if use seems like it lost its power. Thank you! I'm thinking of getting a Medela too just to scratch all the issues.
  • AchaeAchae member
    I have this one and I get 4 oz. I like that its double but I need to buy a hands free bra so I can actually do stuff!
  • Loading the player...
  • This post is making me nervous! I have the Ameda Purely Yours, and I use it at least once a day and haven't had an issue. However, I've never used it as a double. I only use it as a single. When I go back to work though, I will need to use it as a double. I hope it holds up. I actually really like it so far.
    Norah is here! Born on July 16th, 2009 7lbs 0oz, 19in and PERFECT! My Blog--Baby Steps, Foot Steps, Leaps, Bounds, Milestones
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have the purely yours double electric and I have been exclusively pumping for 3 weeks. So far I haven't had any issues. Hopefully, it stays that way.
  • I have the same pump from my insurance and I get about 1 oz on each side in ten minutes. I have nothing to compare it to though to know if I could do better. I like the pump so far for my needs.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have this pump and haven't had any issues. I use it as a double and pump one sometimes 2 times a day. If DS has eaten before I pump, I get 2-3oz. If he hasn't eaten before I pump, I get 6oz.
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/10/13 M/C 6/12/12
    BFP#2 9/28/12 EDD 6/5/13 J.B. born 6/6/13

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"