January 2013 Moms

Anyone use bumpers?

Does anyone feel comfortable using them?

Re: Anyone use bumpers?

• No, too many problems associated with them. Maryland is now banning their sale too, which I am happy about. I'm more concerned about kids getting entangled or as they get older, using them to try to climb out.
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Yep.

**Nestie Besties with Deutschefairy**

Diagnosed PCOS '03, TTC #1 Since March '09
    BFP - 10/20/10, M/C - 10/29/10
    June 2011 - 50mg Clomid = No O
    Dieted and exercised my butt off for PCOS = BFP 5/7/2012
    Due 12/29/2012
  • Loading the player...
  • I use breathable bumpers. My son got his leg stuck between the bars twice and wound up with a nasty bruise. So i found breathable ones with the best reviews i could find, then when they got here buried my face in them to insure they were in fact easily breathable. When he starts standing on his own i will probably have to remove them, but until then i feel it's necessary for my little guy.

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• We have the breathable ones.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We use them bc DS really moves around a ton and flails, lol. Just today I lowered his crib and before I put them back in DH put him in the crib and within 30 seconds he bashed his head and now has a bump. I put them in after I felt confident he could move away from them and once he really started moving in the crib.

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I was going to order the breathable ones because she had her legs out of her crib a few times I checked on her but she seems to have figured it out and her limbs have all stayed inside since then. I'm thinking she would be using them to try and pull herself up right now so they probably wouldn't even work too well for us at this point.
  • Oh I got flamed so bad on this board when I said I was going to use a bumper. But yes, we started for the same reasons PP mentioned. LO had his limbs out of the crib. We also have an extra pad under him and allow a blanket and his lovey in the crib now. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAshleyDehaven:
    I use breathable bumpers. My son got his leg stuck between the bars twice and wound up with a nasty bruise. So i found breathable ones with the best reviews i could find, then when they got here buried my face in them to insure they were in fact easily breathable. When he starts standing on his own i will probably have to remove them, but until then i feel it's necessary for my little guy.

this exactly. dD got her leg stuck so bad DH thought he would need to break the crib. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageamberhoon:
    We use them bc DS really moves around a ton and flails, lol. Just today I lowered his crib and before I put them back in DH put him in the crib and within 30 seconds he bashed his head and now has a bump. I put them in after I felt confident he could move away from them and once he really started moving in the crib.

I use them for this reason. Even with the bumpers he tries to put his arms and legs higher then the pad and stick them out. I will pay close attention as he grows to see if he seems safer with or without. We bedshare at night so its just crib for naps, and I feel more comfortable with him I the packnplay to avoid all the bumper/bump/ bruise worries !!!
  • We have the breathable ones. No issues.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• imagejobiann:
    We have the breathable ones. No issues.

Same
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagejobiann:

I should specify we waited to install them once DS was able to roll around...so I never worry about him being crammed against one. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• We use breathable bumpers. DD kept getting her arms and legs stuck between the crib openings. Her bumpers have an animal scene on them, and she loves looking at them as well. As long as they are breathable, I highly recommend.
  • I'm on the fence... DD flips around in her bed like nuts and is always sticking her feet through the bars. The pedi says definitely no though.
  • When she very little we used plain bumpers but once she started moving around more we switched to breathable bumpers. For a day or so we had no bumper and she kept getting her limbs stuck.  I didn't like that. 
  • imagejobiann:

This

• We use them. Ds rolls around like crazy and I don't want him to hit his head. They are tight and secure and never has really never messed with them. If he does start messin with them ill probably end up taking them down
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We do. She kept pushing the breathables down sticking her legs through. She got them stuck a couple times so I had to get the regular ones. They work just fine for us, with no problems. She is great at rolling both ways so I don't worry about her face getting stuck on them and not being able to breathe.
  • We use them. I only started once LO was able to be super mobile and kept getting his legs and feet stuck. I check on him constantly but I don't worry that much since he hasn't really messed with them and his room is right next to mine. We're so close I don't even have to use a monitor.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"