April 2013 Moms

Expensive babies!

I would be dead if we didn't cloth diaper! These babies are expensive! For shiz and giggles I added it all up, 12 bottles a day, 16 diapers a day with a box needed every 11 days at 35 dollars a box. Also, a can of formula a day and 17 dollars a can! Wowza. Good thing I love them :D
We're also putting money away for savings for each of them which sometimes sucks to see money going somewhere knowing you're not going to see it for another 18 years!

Not to mention my shopping addiction I have for them!

What's everyone else feel like they splurge on when it comes to your LO?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Expensive babies!

• Clothes! Definitely clothes! I can't resist those little plaid shorts! 
  • imageshadysladyWed98470:
    Clothes! Definitely clothes! I can't resist those little plaid shorts!nbsp;

Ditto!!! Old navy is always on sale and Walmart has them for 4 dollars
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Clothes! DD now had more clothes than me. I've actually curbed it though.  I started packing up clothes that no longer fit, and realized that there were several outfits I bought that she never wore.
  • We haven't had to buy a stitch of clothing for Mila (not saying I haven't, though). I tend to splurge on the larger items that we use everyday- like our stroller and video monitor. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• The big items... Boba, video monitor, stroller.
    I like going to the JBF sales in the Sacramento area for good used clothes. Next one is in August and I'm itching to go!
    Also I'm glad that EBF has worked out for us.
  • imageGrace0609:
    Pretty much nothing. Diapers are really the only expensive things we have to buy for him. All hand me down clothes from big brothers. All breast milk. I am pretty thankful. It really does get cheaper once you have your next kid and already have all the baby stuff.

this.  We have just one baby...but all breast milk and cloth diapers.  I am addicted to them...but that's my biggest splurge.  We buy the dipes that we need 

ETA our hand me down clothes are from two nephews :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• KLL22KLL22 member

imageJordynLeighx3:
    I would be dead if we didn't cloth diaper! These babies are expensive! For shiz and giggles I added it all up, 12 bottles a day, 16 diapers a day with a box needed every 11 days at 35 dollars a box. Also, a can of formula a day and 17 dollars a can! Wowza. Good thing I love them :D We're also putting money away for savings for each of them which sometimes sucks to see money going somewhere knowing you're not going to see it for another 18 years! Not to mention my shopping addiction I have for them! What's everyone else feel like they splurge on when it comes to your LO?

A can a day???! Wow, I thought I had it bad with 23 bucks a can every 4 days! My big items besides formula are probably video monitor, honest company diapers and wipes, CLOTHES, and the entire snugabunny line! Were putting what we can into a savings account she cannot touch until she is 18. 

• We CD and EBF, but I'm getting addicted to baby wearing! We have an Ergo, two ktans, a water wrap and a gira ring sling and I'm still on the hunt for the perfect woven!
  • KLL22KLL22 member

imagecheesecakerunner:
    We CD and EBF, but I'm getting addicted to baby wearing! We have an Ergo, two ktans, a water wrap and a gira ring sling and I'm still on the hunt for the perfect woven!

We could be wrap twins! I'm kind of a baby wearing addict lol. Have you ever tried dolcino woven wraps? I LOVE mine! I received it from a coworker to try and had to go out and get my own! 

• I buy him lots of clothes but at Target, amazon, etc... I don't buy expensive baby clothes because he's in 'em for a minute (if even!) 

We splurged on our travel system, video baby monitor (wifi), and ergo / bjorn... a reasonably-priced-but-nice furniture collection for nursery... 

I buy whatever diapers are on sale because we haven't had issues with any of them, and formula just kinda is what it is (gerber gentle -- what the daycare uses -- $23 a week).

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Nothing. We cloth diaper, breastfeed, and love hand me downs. Its a sweet deal at the moment.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • A can of formula $24 every 4 days. 

He has more clothes than me because I love Carter's jumpsuits...also if anyone has any recommendations for any different jumpsuits so I can throw my money at the screen please don't hesitate to tell me.

Diapers and wipes aren't as bad as I thought. He only poops once or twice and I change him before eating each time which is 6-7 times a day. So we go through a box of diapers and wipes every two weeks. $35-40 for both.

I love burts bees products.. so I have $30 in lotion/wash and coconut oil which was $8.

Also SOCKS... I have 15 pairs for him. I haven't lost a pair since he was born which is my own personal feat. 

• imageGrace0609:
    Pretty much nothing. Diapers are really the only expensive things we have to buy for him. All hand me down clothes from big brothers. All breast milk. I am pretty thankful. It really does get cheaper once you have your next kid and already have all the baby stuff.

not if you have twins after a singleton and they are both the opposite sex. i arm with you jordan. all 3 kids are going to daycare starting tomorrow and that bill really sucks! thank god our provider is awesome and gave us a fairly substantial discount.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Diapers! We CD and I'm obsessed!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagemngildersleeve:
    Diapers! We CD and I'm obsessed!!!!

Oh true. I do have a *few* more than we probably need....

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• I'm using cloth diapers from DS, I'm bf'ing and insurance covered my pump except for $58,and I buy breast milk storage bags since I have built a freezer stash.  My biggest expense has really been clothes, and I could have gotten away with spending less. DD will use disposable diapers at daycare but a box lasts a while when it only covers 40 hrs a week.
  • Daycare. We looked at at least 6 facilities and naturally picked the most expensive. I literally lost sleep last night crunching numbers on how we are going to pay for this and have any money left over each month. Sigh.
    Other than that we scored tons of hand me downs from our sisters and I took them all! So I have not spent too much on clothes. We did splurge on the rug in her nursery when she was first born though!

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• imageKLL22:

imagecheesecakerunner:
    We CD and EBF, but I'm getting addicted to baby wearing! We have an Ergo, two ktans, a water wrap and a gira ring sling and I'm still on the hunt for the perfect woven!

We could be wrap twins! I'm kind of a baby wearing addict lol. Have you ever tried dolcino woven wraps? I LOVE mine! I received it from a coworker to try and had to go out and get my own! 

I haven't gotten to try any wovens yet, but I'm hoping to start with a Storch Leo once maternity leave is over and I get paid again :

Hooray for baby wearing!!!
  • Ann003Ann003 member
    Everything, LOL. I have two very expensive strollers, two ergos, a moby, AND a sling. Tons of toys and books and equipment. The biggest expense is their nanny, whom they love and is the only way I can get any real sleep.
    imageimage
    TTC #1 since May 2010. BFP #1 - 5/31/10; m/c on 7/22/10
    Started seeing RE in August 2011
    5 IUIs: BFN; IVF #1 - Success! BFP - 7/25/12 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageJBDamonM:
    Daycare. We looked at at least 6 facilities and naturally picked the most expensive. I literally lost sleep last night crunching numbers on how we are going to pay for this and have any money left over each month. Sigh.
    Other than that we scored tons of hand me downs from our sisters and I took them all! So I have not spent too much on clothes. We did splurge on the rug in her nursery when she was first born though!

Daycare tuition is doing the same to me. So much for meals out on the weekends.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Daycare. 

And diapers. We were given a ton of clothes so we have not needed to buy any.  

• tmrchitmrchi member
    My cloth diapers were a big start up expense, but tapering off now.  The biggest out of pocket was our city select stroller, but hopefully won't need to buy any other strollers.  We got a ton of clothes as presents, but he is quickly outgrowing that stash.  Luckily I have had good luck at Once Upon a Child, and hand-me-downs from SIL so I don't need to spend too much.  Thank goodness I'm able to EBF formula is expensive! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We were very fortunate that this was the first grandbaby on both sides, and that DH's parents have a huge church family that were very excited for his parents to "finally" become grandparents.

We haven't bought a single piece of clothing... we were actually given TONS and have already given some away.  I EBF so no charges there - I had enough gift cards to cover the pump.  We were given enough diapers I haven't had to buy any yet and I won't have to buy any until we hit size 4 I think.   

Truly, I can't think of anything we've spent yet that we've absolutely had to, other than breastmilk storage bags.  We're very blessed.

Unfortunately caregiver costs will hit in August when I start back to work.  The individual who is going to watch him for us charges $25 a day, and we don't have to pay for a day if we don't take him.  This'll work out really well for holidays and such since my husband and I are both in education! 

• zzbbzzbb member
    Ebfing, get diapers on coupon deals, bought most items second hand or were given from friends who were done Having children. We did buy a new glider and I bought a nursery set off of etsy that was expensive so I'd say I splurged on the nursery. And I buy way more clothes than he will ever need but I usually buy used or on sale. and no childcare cost so far as I work night shift and only a couple days a month for now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"